Does anyone here play WoW?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I played it a few years ago, but quit it. It wasted too much time, and actually felt less like a game and more like a job, with the requirement to run dungeons several times, do x daily quests every day for tokens and so on, and as soon as I got everything a new expansion rolled out and I was back at square one.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I played it a few years ago, but quit it. It wasted too much time, and actually felt less like a game and more like a job, with the requirement to run dungeons several times, do x daily quests every day for tokens and so on, and as soon as I got everything a new expansion rolled out and I was back at square one.

Yeah WoW can be really time consuming. I remember in Cataclysm it took all day to do the Hyjal dailies.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
^ topic. My wife and I have been addicted to World of Warcraft. It's a truly awesome game. Does anyone else here play it? I'm looking for battle.net friends.
World of Warships. Not very often though. It's addictive and I have to ration myself carefully. But it is fun.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Never played it and for a good reason. I remember wasting a lot of time on Diablo II (including two whole summers) and knew World of Warcraft would be even more addictive. It's like crack on CD-ROM, just say no.

I played a lot of Diablo III too. Yes WoW is VERY addictive. Once you start playing you cannot stop. Its like crack on steroids.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I played a lot of Diablo III too. Yes WoW is VERY addictive. Once you start playing you cannot stop. Its like crack on steroids.
It hits just the right buttons to keep your reward center active. Woosh, level up. Woosh, quest completed. Woosh, rare item drop.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've been taking a break from it for almost 2 months now because of other priorities. But I do plan on starting again next week as I have nothing to do most of the time.

What's your Battle tag? I don't mind adding you. :)

My battletag is SirenaLauren#1467

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I played it for a month a little over a year ago. It was fun to try, but I don't have much time to play games so getting one that requires a subscription to play isn't worth it to me. I suppose I didn't really play it long enough to have a solid opinion on. If I ever play again it would be nice to find some other Christians to play with. I pretty much was just playing it solo, except when I got to play with family members a few times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I played it for a month a little over a year ago. It was fun to try, but I don't have much time to play games so getting one that requires a subscription to play isn't worth it to me. I suppose I didn't really play it long enough to have a solid opinion on. If I ever play again it would be nice to find some other Christians to play with. I pretty much was just playing it solo, except when I got to play with family members a few times.

If you ever pick up WoW again I wouldn't mind playing with you. I was going to level a Holy Priest as an alt anyway. I really only play horde though.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you ever pick up WoW again I wouldn't mind playing with you. I was going to level a Holy Priest as an alt anyway. I really only play horde though.
Sweet, if I play again I'll see if you guys are still playing.
My main character is actually blood elf (I think it's called that). I was leveling her fast, I think I ended up around either level 30 or 40. It would have been higher but I couldnt help but make some alts. I think all my alts are under level 20 or at level 20 so I could technically play them without a subscription. But I figure if I play I may as well play with sub so I've got to wait until I have some extra freetime. Maybe this winter. ^_^

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sweet, if I play again I'll see if you guys are still playing.
My main character is actually blood elf (I think it's called that). I was leveling her fast, I think I ended up around either level 30 or 40. It would have been higher but I couldnt help but make some alts. I think all my alts are under level 20 or at level 20 so I could technically play them without a subscription. But I figure if I play I may as well play with sub so I've got to wait until I have some extra freetime. Maybe this winter. ^_^

Yeah it's called a Blood Elf. I'll always be playing WoW (I'm so addicted) so yeah if you start playing again this Winter hit me up. I'm usually always on CF too.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

Gregoth

Site Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Corinth
✟23,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
I also play WoW and am looking for a good guild to play with preferably with other Christians but at the very least family friendly so maybe there isn't as much cursing to mute. What server(s) do you play on? I currently have Horde toons on Wyrmrest Accord and Alliance toons on Moonguard.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I also play WoW and am looking for a good guild to play with preferably with other Christians but at the very least family friendly so maybe there isn't as much cursing to mute. What server(s) do you play on? I currently have Horde toons on Wyrmrest Accord and Alliance toons on Moonguard.

Hello. I have horde toons on Illidan. I've heard of wyrmrest accord and moon guard. They are horde and alliance RP servers correct? A Christian guild would be nice. But most people who play WoW are not Christian. I only really have a few Christian friends who play WoW. Maybe we can add each other to battle tag though?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregoth

Site Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Corinth
✟23,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
I'm not adverse to creating new toons on another server if it means getting a good steady guild going. And yeah, most of the people on WoW are not Christian but this is true nearly everywhere. General and Trade chat are typically toxic if anything relating to Christianity is even mentioned. I typically turn off the global channels for that reason. Yes WRA and MG are Horde and Alliance heavy RP servers, respectively.

Upvote 0

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to, but I felt God did not want me to play Wow. Maybe for some is fine, just not for me. Yes. I spent a lot of money to level up my Charter's in the game to level 100, Two charter's in fact. Then God started dealing with me on this game. There was no way to get the money back. I do not remember the names of those charters, and I forget my account name, but regardless I can't go back.
Also in that game some people would follow me. That made me uncomfortable, like they were stalkers, or something, or they come by and ask the weirdest questions. However, while playing FF XI, I usually for the most part did not have that problem.

Upvote 0