Does anyone have any hope of changing peoples minds about Trump?

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's why their reputation and their evangelical witness has been so severely tarnished. It's also why they're scoffed at and called out for hypocrisy whenever they point a judgmental finger at Biden. But the majority of them don't seem to care that the public perception of Evangelical Christianity has been dragged through the mud. They don't seem to care that their undying devotion to Trump has severely damaged their Christian witness and the overall public perception of Conservative Christianity itself.
Yes. And you're right they DON'T seem to care.
Which, essentially then, puts Trump above their faith, as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Don't worry; I know what your answer is, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm glad that I'm disliked for what I think is right.
Oooo. Don't hold on too tight to that.
I DEFINITELY don't dislike you; Trump supporter or not. In fact, I don't dislike ANY Trump supporters.

But boy oh BOY do I have a LOT of pity for you.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone have any hope of changing peoples minds about Trump?
Nope. To many brainwashing extreme right wing websites and news figures ,that support the likes of Trump. When Trump goes away they will find worse. So ,I see the Republicans splitting. The same can eventually happen to the left.
Trump supporters find me tedious but I have not given up hope I am just trying to work out how to get a conversation started.
I fill it's a waist of time.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Crazy_Cat_Woman pretty much said what I was going to say: too much cult programming. It's very hard to find common ground with people when you're not sure what color the sky is in their world.

I'm reminded of the verse in Timothy (?) about people finding teachers to "tickle their ears" in the end times.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Crazy_Cat_Woman pretty much said what I was going to say: too much cult programming. It's very hard to find common ground with people when you're not sure what color the sky is in their world.

Ringo

Olson Johnson in the movie Blazing Saddles:

"Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age."

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump supporters find me tedious but I have not given up hope I am just trying to work out how to get a conversation started.

How many times have you changed your mind on anything based on a conversation on the internet? I've only changed mine once, and I suspect that's a high number :)

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope. To many brainwashing extreme right wing websites and news figures ,that support the likes of Trump. When Trump goes away they will find worse. So ,I see the Republicans splitting. The same can eventually happen to the left.

I split from the Republican Party when I voted for Biden. It's the first time I've ever voted Democratic in an election and I'll continue to vote for a Democrat as long as a sell-out Trump Republican is on the ballot when I cast my vote. I considered abandoning the Republican Party and registering to vote as an Independent for awhile, but I haven't yet. I know some Republicans who have forsaken the party because of Trump and his supporters. The violent siege on the Capitol was the last straw for them. I haven't quite given up completely and switched political parties yet, but I will continue to support the Democratic candidates as long as Trump and his supporters have the Republican Party ensnared.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oooo. Don't hold on too tight to that.
I DEFINITELY don't dislike you; Trump supporter or not. In fact, I don't dislike ANY Trump supporters.

But boy oh BOY do I have a LOT of pity for you.
Funny. I feel pity for you.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm reminded of the verse in Timothy (?) about people finding teachers to "tickle their ears" in the end times.
Ringo
We see the sky as blue. If you see it differently, then you're the one with the problem.
I'm amused you think we see Trump as a teacher. Unless you meant something else?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That wasn't the question.
Are you a better person than Trump?
What do you mean when you say a "better person"?
I don't know what's in his heart; God knows that.

HOWEVER, Jesus himself said:
You will know them by their fruits.
I simply cannot list a SINGLE thing that he does or strives for that I have more than a passing interest it. Because his fruit is ugly sin. I mean, JUST by way of a quick example, which of the 7 deadly sins does trump NOT exemplify.

Funny. I feel pity for you.
I would love to hear why that is!

I mean, I'm sure it's not based on fact, reality, or your indepth knowledge of who I am as a person so have at er!

But you can avoid some ridiculous proselytizing about how I'm just a "sheep" who "listens to the msm" and is "brainwashed". That's just not applicable to me at all.

That said, I'd REALLY love to know why a Trump supporter would pity a Trump critic....like we're missing out on something soooooo great!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
We see the sky as blue. If you see it differently, then you're the one with the problem.
See the problem is your "analogy" is wrong to begin with, but it proves my earlier post. When you say "We see the sky as blue", you are referring to an obvious, observable, unarguable reality.

Trump does not provide that. Like....at ALL. I mean, he provides that to suckers and people who believe his nonsense; just like folks who though Richard Nixon was a really great guy and just misunderstood.

Trump has straight up denied reality and his supporters just belly up to the stupidity of it all and say "YEAH! Look, obviously scientists meant to draw this circle as the pass of a hurricane on this map". I mean, that is just one instance of the utter insanity of it all.

It is not "obvious, observable unarguable reality". That is LITERALLY Trump drawing a picture and you all saying "YEAH! YEAH! Take that sciencE! Take that mainstream media and your lies!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean when you say a "better person"?
I don't know what's in his heart; God knows that.

HOWEVER, Jesus himself said:
You will know them by their fruits.
I simply cannot list a SINGLE thing that he does or strives for that I have more than a passing interest it. Because his fruit is ugly sin.

I would love to hear why that is!

I mean, I'm sure it's not based on fact, reality, or your indepth knowledge of who I am as a person so have at er!

But you can avoid some ridiculous proselytizing about how I'm just a "sheep" who "listens to the msm" and is "brainwashed". That's just not applicable to me at all.

That said, I'd REALLY love to know why a Trump supporter would pity a Trump critic....like we're missing out on something soooooo great!
Well, here's my take. No one is a "better person" than anyone else. God doesn't play favorites (good thing). I'm no better than Trump just because I behave better, or haven't lied as much, or haven't said inappropriate things about women, and so on. As far as his fruit goes? It tells me he is not a Christian. But all sin is ugly. Mine is just as ugly as his, even if it isn't magnified to the extent that his is because he is a high profile person. The problem I have is people who bring all this up as a reason why he shouldn't be president, or was so terrible as one. Like they are better, or more righteous than he is. Would I like Trump to have better character? Of course. Would I like him to "behave" better? Of course. The reason I support him is because of his policies, and because I think he truly wants the best for America. We would probably disagree on that, since we likely disagree on what is best for America, but that's beside the point right now. Honestly, I would have more respect for those on the left if they would stop trying to act like they are holier than him and have superior morality. Because in the end, any sin, no matter how "big" or "small" we think it is, will separate us from God. We are all on the same boat when it comes to our need for a Savior.
If I could have a Trump who "behaved" better, I would take it over the current one. But since there isn't, I support him because I agree with and support most of his policies.

As far as why I pity you, I'd like you to tell me why you pity me first.

Sorry if it seems like I was rambling.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See the problem is your "analogy" is wrong to begin with, but it proves my earlier post. When you say "We see the sky as blue", you are referring to an obvious, observable, unarguable reality.

Trump does not provide that. Like....at ALL. I mean, he provides that to suckers and people who believe his nonsense; just like folks who though Richard Nixon was a really great guy and just misunderstood.

Trump has straight up denied reality and his supporters just belly up to the stupidity of it all and say "YEAH! Look, obviously scientists meant to draw this circle as the pass of a hurricane on this map". I mean, that is just one instance of the utter insanity of it all.

It is not "obvious, observable unarguable reality". That is LITERALLY Trump drawing a picture and you all saying "YEAH! YEAH! Take that sciencE! Take that mainstream media and your lies!
I was being sarcastic as to what the other poster said about Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not judging from the Qanon stuff.

Deliberate obtuseness ahoy.
Ringo
How many people do you know who believes in the Qanon stuff? Not people you heard about, or read about, or talk to on forums. How many people do you personally know who believe that?

Upvote 0