• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suffer with this nearly all the time. I am not a stupid person but it has made me feel like one.
I slowly feel like I’m forgetting the English language (I struggle formulating spoken sentences as I just can’t get the words together) ; I struggle with mental maths A LOT when I used to be a whiz and it just feels like there is a dense cloud in my head all day inhibiting me from focusing deeply on something.
Does anyone else understand what I’m going through? I’ve suffered with this for 4 years and my family just think it’s all in my head and that I’m a bit mad.

Please pray for my mind.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I suffer with this nearly all the time. I am not a stupid person but it has made me feel like one.
I slowly feel like I’m forgetting the English language (I struggle formulating spoken sentences as I just can’t get the words together) ; I struggle with mental maths A LOT when I used to be a whiz and it just feels like there is a dense cloud in my head all day inhibiting me from focusing deeply on something.
Does anyone else understand what I’m going through? I’ve suffered with this for 4 years and my family just think it’s all in my head and that I’m a bit mad.

Please pray for my mind.

I have experienced it back when I worked for far too long in a job I hated and was experiencing extreme burnout and a vitamin D deficiency on top of it all. You may want to get your blood tested to see if you are deficient in anything and rule out any physical problems. Stress, burnout, depression, etc. can also be a big factor, but you don't want to assume that they are the reason for it without getting a full physical exam and blood test (and make sure they give you the tests to find any deficiencies which may not be part of the "normal" test.)

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have experienced it back when I worked for far too long in a job I hated and was experiencing extreme burnout and a vitamin D deficiency on top of it all. You may want to get your blood tested to see if you are deficient in anything and rule out any physical problems. Stress, burnout, depression, etc. can also be a big factor, but you don't want to assume that they are the reason for it without getting a full physical exam and blood test (and make sure they give you the tests to find any deficiencies which may not be part of the "normal" test.)
I wouldn’t say I have medical depression but I’ve lost a lot of my interests and never have lots of joy.

• Prayers
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also have other mental problems like my feelings for women just went away one day about 5 yrs ago.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not saying you share in my affliction but brain fog is a part of my multiple sclerosis symptoms. Sometimes I go out to a room and don't know why I went out there. I stop mid sentence because I don't know what word I'm looking for and can't even think of the concept I was talking about sometimes. It gets better and worse depending if I'm in remission or relapse.

But more likely.. how's your sleep been, and as posted above, vitamin deficiencies can behind something like that too, particularly B complex vitamins.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I also have other mental problems like my feelings for women just went away one day about 5 yrs ago.

Like what? Also I think all of us suffer from a little bit of occasional brain fog from time to time but yours sound a lot more serious so I would go see a doctor. I don't know much about the medical field sorry,.. but you have my prayers and support. :) (Btw, nice avatar is that you?)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Please pray for my mind.
I suggest that you read a book called "War on the Saints." Sometimes our problems are physical but many times we are under attack by evil spirits. Your mind belongs to you and it should be crystal clear. If it is being interfered with, it needs to be dealt with correctly. If it is physical problem, then the medical profession can help. If it is demonic, it is a spiritual battle.

No, you are not mad. The mind does not become "cloudy" for no reason. 2 Corinthians 10:4&5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It definitely should be assessed by a physician and not just let go and to worry about. It might get worse. Pray much, friend; trust God and ask Him to make clear what you should do. If you put the Lord Jesus first in your heart, He will guide you. Do not just delay this and continue wondering!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Please pray for my mind.
Could be nutritional, see a doctor.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A doctors visit would be a good place to start to make sure you are not lacking in anything as suggested.

It will be able to address any physical reasons that may be causing how you feel.

Don't panic, it is wise for all of us to have a thorough checkup and blood tests periodically to keep on top of things.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Please pray for my mind.
Very likely a medical condition that can be treated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.