• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yes that is right but that’s hardly a good thing.
Why not?
They could be a distraction from The Lord’s plan for you (Matthew 19:12):) ? The reason I thought you may have been delivered, was, i lost all physical desires six years ago, and welcome it (it did used to be an issue for me though)

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like what? Also I think all of us suffer from a little bit of occasional brain fog from time to time but yours sound a lot more serious so I would go see a doctor. I don't know much about the medical field sorry,.. but you have my prayers and support. :) (Btw, nice avatar is that you?)
No it’s not me sorry. It is Thomas Partey.

• Informative
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There are three basic steps:

1. Get angry with the Devil, that he is provoking this brain fog (and rebuke him)
2. Use the words of the Holy Spirit (scripture, tongues, prophecy)
3. Commit to the power of God (that is, commit faithfully, until He calls you home)

Bear in mind, that God may desire for you to struggle with it, for longer than you would like; He does not do this maliciously, but because He knows how much perfect He is determined for you to be

I developed brain fog and difficulty doing maths, for reasons I won't go into: but basically when I appealed to God, saying "take it away" He refused - I take that to mean that He wants me to go through the trial, not just around it!

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

1. Get angry with the Devil, that he is provoking this brain fog (and rebuke him)
3. Commit to the power of God (that is, commit faithfully, until He calls you home)

Bear in mind, that God may desire for you to struggle with it, for longer than you would like; He does not do this maliciously, but because He knows how much perfect He is determined for you to be

I developed brain fog and difficulty doing maths, for reasons I won't go into: but basically when I appealed to God, saying "take it away" He refused - I take that to mean that He wants me to go through the trial, not just around it!
Commit faithfully! Thank-you (numbers 6:24-26)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suffer with this nearly all the time. I am not a stupid person but it has made me feel like one.
I slowly feel like I’m forgetting the English language (I struggle formulating spoken sentences as I just can’t get the words together) ; I struggle with mental maths A LOT when I used to be a whiz and it just feels like there is a dense cloud in my head all day inhibiting me from focusing deeply on something.
Does anyone else understand what I’m going through? I’ve suffered with this for 4 years and my family just think it’s all in my head and that I’m a bit mad.

Please pray for my mind.
I

I had this when I had ME but also more recently. Turns out I had vitamin d deficiency. I took tablets.and exposed myself to sun as much as I could and that helped. If I forget my tablet I get very unwell again though

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If God won't take it from us, it may mean He wants us to see a doctor instead.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like you were delivered.

I suffered same sex attraction and was set free instantly. am f2f lad to have met someone same as me. so mAny tell me you cannot be delivered from leabianiam or bisexuality. Well, I was!

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I suffered same sex attraction and was set free instantly. am f2f lad to have met someone same as me. so mAny tell me you cannot be delivered from leabianiam or bisexuality. Well, I was!
Me too! He [she] who The Son sets free, is free indeed :)

Upvote 0