Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is simply compressing a number of events surrounding the birth of Christ into one scene, they may even include a couple of angels even though they were only witnessed by the shepherds watching over the sheep. It is the condensed version, for full details and timelines you go to the Gospels.

Please don't think I'm here to argue but I don't agree with your statement.
I am trying to make the point that as a church, things should not be put into the nativity scene if they weren't there or it gives, in particularly children the wrong idea (who are relying on adults to teach them).
I think truth comes before convenience, customs, and popularity especially as Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Why is it so hard ?

Could it be tradition has become more important ?
If we can't be trusted to tell the truth in small things, why should anyone believe the big stuff?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, shouldn't have said "false". But just that we don't know how many there were because it isn't stated.
There are many things known that were not recorded in Scripture which have been faithfully passed down in the Church, such as Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar being the names of the three magi who brought gifts to the infant Christ.

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I like Christmas. It's a time to reflect on the birth of Christ. I love the way the (Catholic) Church changes it's bible verses, vestments and interior of the church. I bought my grandkids Christian based toys and a book on the Church. I know I could spread of Word anytime, but it's special to me to think about how Christ was born for our sake and died for our sake (Easter).

Upvote 0