Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not me, never even heard of the franchise. It does look like it has a great feel to it on Youtube, but likely way to pricy for me at this point.

I make it a rule, not to touch them till they drop tremendously in price.

Off to take a look at 1 and 2 though :)...good luck.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone tell me why a Christian would play that game, or any game like it.

And here I was just fixing to BIN . :)

Since I'm the only Christian that showed interest, lol, I must assume I'm the "someone" who should answer.

Why not?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here I was just fixing to BIN . :)

Since I'm the only Christian that showed interest, lol, I must assume I'm the "someone" who should answer.

Why not?
I'm stunned that you ask. Evil is evil is evil. Have no part in it. Case closed.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm stunned that you ask. Evil is evil is evil. Have no part in it. Case closed.

As am I, well not really, I've seen this before and the only reason I choose to touch on it.

Please...you can't be serious, you simply had no answer to the question.

What's evil bout a simple challenge? Do you think that I think I'm a Dark soul, or whatever goes on in the Game? Or that I'm actually doing any real live evil at all? Will I actually be dabbling in the magical arts if they are available in the game if I shoot someones eye out with a lightening/fire bolt? What?

They are pixels on a screen, and it's no more harmful than eating the Proverbial meat offered to idols.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because it's a great game that rewards you for not giving up at it.

And to the OP, sorry, I can't help you. I'm in college and my Xbox is back at home and I'm not going back until thanksgiving. And even then I'm terrible. I wanted to do warriors of sunlight with this one character I'm using, but it probably won't work out. At best I can be a distraction for whatever boss you need help with.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Haven't played souls 3 in ages OP.

It's a fun game. I think one of the benefits of the Souls games is they teach you how to interpret lore not through being exposed to a standard narrative driven story, but by interacting with NPCS, reading item descriptions and simply looking at the world around you to figure out what it all means.

It's a dark story sure, doesn't make it evil, unless you want to go the darkness route and give up the light. Even then within the context of the story I'm sure if that's entirely bad or good.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haven't played souls 3 in ages OP.

It's a fun game. I think one of the benefits of the Souls games is they teach you how to interpret lore not through being exposed to a standard narrative driven story, but by interacting with NPCS, reading item descriptions and simply looking at the world around you to figure out what it all means.

It's a dark story sure, doesn't make it evil, unless you want to go the darkness route and give up the light. Even then within the context of the story I'm sure if that's entirely bad or good.
I think it legitimately helped me to appreciate vague, indirect storytelling in any medium.

Upvote 0

PinkDragon

Dream crusher
Oct 29, 2016
Europe
✟27,786.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love that some characters have different ways to finish their questline, like Anri of Astora. You can marry her after she was assassinated in the dark route or help her do her quest so she can die in peace. Also the game + both DLCs cost 40$ on the summer/winter steam sales.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also the game + both DLCs cost 40$ on the summer/winter steam sales.

I got the first of the three last night and fell asleep trying to rebind the keys. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the heads up on the game, as well as pricing on part three.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Already played through twice, including both DLCs.

Because it is a fantasy action-RPG with very interesting mechanics, a unique story telling method with an amazing world, and it's actually challenging. The over-arching story, especially the second game, really hammers home the futility and endless cycle that a humanity which rejects God's love and intervention has to look forward to.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Already played through twice, including both DLCs.

Because it is a fantasy action-RPG with very interesting mechanics, a unique story telling method with an amazing world, and it's actually challenging. The over-arching story, especially the second game, really hammers home the futility and endless cycle that a humanity which rejects God's love and intervention has to look forward to.
Blood & Violence with ghastly imaginary creatures and story lines. I'd better not find anyone in my family involved in it.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Blood & Violence with ghastly imaginary creatures and story lines. I'd better not find anyone in my family involved in it.

The game is rated mature for a reason. Unlike a lot of games where that just means sex and gore, the imagery serves a purpose in Dark Souls. If I had to sum up the message of the series, it is the futility of man and all of his works.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A genuinely Christian parent would teach their kids to be "in the world but not of it" by not being afraid of every piece of entertainment. If your kids are young you limit their video game time, and when they're older they'll learn to do so on their own.

Upvote 0