Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's true, it's the breath of life. But plainly from the Word man has a spirit. It is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit dwells in the spirit of the believer. I don't see any reason to disqualify animals from the next life. They are part of God's creation that waits eagerly for the revelation of the sons of God. If they just disappear at the end of this age, why would they look forward to the revelation of the sons of God?
I'm not sure Aussie Pete.
I don't see how we could know for sure.
it seems to me that they won't be because they don't have a spirit...by the spirit I mean one of the parts of man:

BODY
SOUL
SPIRIT

Nature is waiting for redemption.
Are animals part of nature?
Or does it refer to vegetation, flowers, etc.
I can't take the time to study up on this.
Do YOU know?

I know for sure that animals have a soul...
but they do not have a spirit.
(which is different from the breath of life,,,right).

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In both Greek and Hebrew, breath, wind and spirit are one word.

You can say that a dog has a breath of live or that a dog has a spirit of life. Both are valid translation.
OK....I hate to argue words...

BUT,,,do you believe animals have the SPIRIT OF GOD in them? You know,,,like a saved person does.
They have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

P.S. please see my post no. 41.....

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK....I hate to argue words...

BUT,,,do you believe animals have the SPIRIT OF GOD in them? You know,,,like a saved person does.
They have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

P.S. please see my post no. 41.....
The Holy Spirit is the person of the Trinity, God himself. Only elect people have Him.

While every living creature, from a bacteria to a man, has the spirit/breath of God that gives them life. All their spirits go back to God after they physically die.

There is a special case with men, because they need salvation. God gave them rules and people broke them. Therefore they deserve destruction and its explicitly said in the New Testament.

There is no such claim about animals though. They do not sin and therefore do not deserve judgement/destruction. Also, they are not rational spirits.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is the person of the Trinity, God himself. Only elect people have Him.

While every living creature, from a bacteria to a man, has the spirit/breath of God that gives them life. All their spirits go back to God after they physically die.

There is a special case with men, because they need salvation. God gave them rules and people broke them. Therefore they deserve destruction and its explicitly said in the New Testament.

There is no such claim about animals though. They do not sin and therefore do not deserve judgement/destruction. Also, they are not rational spirits.
Interesting about animals not sinning....
I think we do agree on the breath of life/spirit
and the Holy Spirit...

I do think there are things we just cannot know for sure....This seems like one of them and is not really worth debating....I just do see a difference between the breath of life/spirit and the Holy Spirit. I've spoken to persons that cannot see the difference....

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Interesting about animals not sinning....
I think we do agree on the breath of life/spirit
and the Holy Spirit...

I do think there are things we just cannot know for sure....This seems like one of them and is not really worth debating....I just do see a difference between the breath of life/spirit and the Holy Spirit. I've spoken to persons that cannot see the difference....
Yes, many things are not said clearly in the Bible or are not said at all.

We can trust God that He arranged things to be the best for all, even for animals. How technically it works, who knows.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The breath of life is different from the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit....the Holy Spirit.

As to Ecclesiastes....it ponders on all the negatives....
the person that wrote this book did not believe in life after death...

as also didn't the Sadducees at the time of Jesus.
In the O.T. some believed that when a person died,,,that was the end of that person.

Jesus gave further revelation (as did Paul).

All die and wait in the grave until resurrection. There is nothing immortal about us. We receive immortality when He returns.

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
All die and wait in the grave until resurrection. There is nothing immortal about us. We receive immortality when He returns.
Not according to the New Testament.

Your belief was prevalent in the Old Testament, though.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not according to the New Testament.

Your belief was prevalent in the Old Testament, though.

1st Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1st Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Dead ones do not sleep, its was just a figure of speech used in the first century. Dead body looks like sleeping so this was how they called it.

That dead ones in Christ live, is obvious:

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;"
J 11:25

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far."
Pillippians 1:21

"For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."
2 Cor 5:1

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord"
2 Cor 5:8

• Agree
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dead ones do not sleep, its was just a figure of speech used in the first century. Dead body looks like sleeping so this was how they called it.

That dead ones in Christ live, is obvious:

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;"
J 11:25

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far."
Pillippians 1:21

"For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."
2 Cor 5:1

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord"
2 Cor 5:8

1st Timothy 6:16
Berean Study Bible
He (God) alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light. No one has ever seen Him, nor can anyone see Him. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Nothing about us is immortal .... NOTHING!

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1st Timothy 6:16
Berean Study Bible
He (God) alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light. No one has ever seen Him, nor can anyone see Him. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Nothing about us is immortal .... NOTHING!
I did not say we are immortal. That does not mean we are dead when our body dies, though.

Of course we live only because God keeps us alive.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The body dies but the spirit returns to God who then decides our eternal home either heaven or hell

Ecclesiastes 12:7 King James Version

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is called soul sleep.
The JWs believe in soul sleep.
This, however, is not what mainstream Christianity believes.

The N.T. teaches that when we die we go to be immediately where we belong...either with God or without God.

If soul sleep is true,,,then Luke 16:19-31 makes no sense at all. Do you think Jesus was telling a lie in this story?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

This is speaking about our bodily resurrection...NOT what happens to us immediately upon death.

Jesus told the thief on the cross
THIS VERY DAY you will be with me in paradise.

Was Jesus lying.....?
Again ..... ?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did not say we are immortal. That does not mean we are dead when our body dies, though.

Of course we live only because God keeps us alive.

No ... we die and wait to be resurrected.

If one believes anything of us continues on before the 1st resurrection (when Jesus returns) then they are believing they are immortal.

All wait (dormant sleep) in the grave until they are resurrected.

We await the resurrection in a dormant sleep ( in the grave) ... we will receive eternal life when He returns .... so we don't die for eternity ... the 2nd death is for eternity and the saved will not die (that death) ... that is what is meant by ... we will never die ... we will never die for eternity.

We do not have a immortal "soul" that goes somewhere .... we ARE a soul (a living person)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being" (a living "soul") (Gen. 2:7, NKJV).

Scripture gives us a simple equation for understanding the nature of humans:
Body (dust of the ground; the earth's elements) plus
Breath of life ("spirit" of life from God) equals
A living person (a soul).

Nowhere does the Bible speak of the soul as an immortal entity capable of living apart from our body. Neither does it speak of the spirit as an entity which can exist independent of our physical nature. We are not made of independent parts temporarily connected, but of body, soul, and spirit in one indivisible whole.

Psalm 115:17

The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor do any who go down into silence;

Isaiah 38:18

"For Sheol (the grave) cannot thank You, Death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit (the grave) cannot hope for Your faithfulness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is called soul sleep.
The JWs believe in soul sleep.
This, however, is not what mainstream Christianity believes.

The N.T. teaches that when we die we go to be immediately where we belong...either with God or without God.

If soul sleep is true,,,then Luke 16:19-31 makes no sense at all. Do you think Jesus was telling a lie in this story?

Luke 16:19-31 is a parable ... it is not a lie ... it is a parable ... Jesus taught using parables many times.

His Word teaches all wait in the grave until they are resurrected.

“The body without the spirit is dead” (James 2:26).
“The spirit of God is in my nostrils” (Job 27:3 KJV).

The spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of life. Nowhere in all of God’s book does the “spirit” have any life, wisdom, or feeling after a person dies. It is the “breath of life” and nothing more.

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20 KJV).
“Every living soul died in the sea” (Revelation 16:3 KJV).

According to God’s Word, souls do die! We are souls, and souls die. Man is mortal (Job 4:17).

Only God is immortal (1 Timothy 6:15, 16). The concept of an undying, immortal soul is not found in the Bible, which teaches that souls are subject to death.

“All who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth” (John 5:28, 29).
“David … is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. … For David did not ascend into the heavens” (Acts 2:29, 34).
“If I wait, the grave is mine house” (Job 17:13 KJV).

People do not go to heaven or to hell at death. They don’t go anywhere—but they wait in their graves for the resurrection.

“Man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, they will not awake nor be roused from their sleep. … His sons come to honor, and he does not know it; they are brought low, and he does not perceive it” (Job 14:12, 21).

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said human has spirit.
How about animal?

God created man and made him in three parts: body, soul and spirit.
What does God's book, the Bible, say about these three parts? I think you know from the Bible what a man's body was made of.

According to the Scriptures, animals,
except MAN, have only and only body-and-soul.

I ask all readers here
(not opinions, what prevails is the Word, the Word is God): According to the Scriptures:

- what is the soul of man and all living beings?
- What is spirit? By the way, there is a legion of types of spirits.
- Do insects have souls? What do you think based on the Creator's Scriptures?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is speaking about our bodily resurrection...NOT what happens to us immediately upon death.

Jesus told the thief on the cross
THIS VERY DAY you will be with me in paradise.

Was Jesus lying.....?
Again ..... ?

and we know this is not so .... even Jesus himself did not "go to paradise" that very day.

John 20:17

King James Version
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No ... we die and wait to be resurrected.

If one believes anything of us continues on before the 1st resurrection (when Jesus returns) then they are believing they are immortal.

All wait (dormant sleep) in the grave until they are resurrected.

We await the resurrection in a dormant sleep ( in the grave) ... we will receive eternal life when He returns .... so we don't die for eternity ... the 2nd death is for eternity and the saved will not die (that death) ... that is what is meant by ... we will never die ... we will never die for eternity.

We do not have a immortal "soul" that goes somewhere .... we ARE a soul (a living person)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being" (a living "soul") (Gen. 2:7, NKJV).

Scripture gives us a simple equation for understanding the nature of humans:
Body (dust of the ground; the earth's elements) plus
Breath of life ("spirit" of life from God) equals
A living person (a soul).

Nowhere does the Bible speak of the soul as an immortal entity capable of living apart from our body. Neither does it speak of the spirit as an entity which can exist independent of our physical nature. We are not made of independent parts temporarily connected, but of body, soul, and spirit in one indivisible whole.

Psalm 115:17

The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor do any who go down into silence;

Isaiah 38:18

"For Sheol (the grave) cannot thank You, Death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit (the grave) cannot hope for Your faithfulness.
Immortality means you cannot die. The gift of life from God does not mean you are immortal in the same meaning God is.

Christians, when they die, go directly to Lord, as Paul, Peter and Jesus said and as is the standard teaching of Christianity. Not sure what sect you are from, but you seem like SDA or something.

• Agree
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Immortality means you cannot die. The gift of life from God does not mean you are immortal in the same meaning God is.

Christians, when they die, go directly to Lord, as Paul, Peter and Jesus said and as is the standard teaching of Christianity. Not sure what sect you are from, but you seem like SDA or something.

I'm not from any "sect" .... I study His Word .... and many many verses state we wait in the grave and THEN are resurrected and THEN are with the Lord ... when He returns .... not before.

1st Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so (then) we will always be with the Lord.

Upvote 0