Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It's only logical that if animals have a soul, they have a spirit" I'd disagree with that assertion. God is Spirit. Only man is made in the image of God. Yes, animals will be in heaven, but they are not made in God's image. They have not sinned so do not need to be saved.
I'm not sure animals will be in heaven.

As you youself have said...and I agree...
man has a body, a soul and a spirit.

The spirit is the "God part" of man and connects him to God.

Animals do not know about God and so cannot have a spirit.

But animals do have a soul --- that is why each cat is different, each dog is different,,each type of animal is different within that type.

However, there's no way for us to know for sure whether or not animals will be in heaven. I tend to doubt it.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said human has spirit.
How about animal?
There's No biblical proof that animals have souls.
They have a consciousness which makes them different from plants, but they do not have souls like human beings, which go to Heaven or Hell when they die. When animals are buried, that is the end of their life. When man is buried, this is not the case.
Ecclesiastes 3:
I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return. Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth? So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?"

The word translated “spirit” is the same Hebrew word ruach that is translated “breath” in verse 29. Solomon, in these verses, rightly identifies the essential difference between the human soul and the soul of an animal. He is saying in these verses that the soul of man returns to God when the breath of life (spirit of life) ceases. However, the animal was made to derive its happiness and fulfillment from the world.

In summary, considering the above, an animal would simply perish when it dies–and the spirit of the beast… “goes down into the earth” (Ecclesiastes 3:21).

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not sure animals will be in heaven.

As you youself have said...and I agree...
man has a body, a soul and a spirit.

The spirit is the "God part" of man and connects him to God.

Animals do not know about God and so cannot have a spirit.

But animals do have a soul --- that is why each cat is different, each dog is different,,each type of animal is different within that type.

However, there's no way for us to know for sure whether or not animals will be in heaven. I tend to doubt it.
Someone kindly pointed out that Ecclesiastes 3:20 says that animals have a spirit. It's the same Hebrew word as used for the spirit of man. It says in chapter 12:7 that the dust returns to the earth and the spirit to God. Animals were made of dust just as we were. Animals do not sin. Why would God reject them from heaven? I don't know for sure. Just offering an alternative view.

There are differences. Paul (1 Corinthians 15:39) states this clearly. It seems to me that in the soul realm, man has the ability to choose. Animals function on instinct. The spirit of man is where God is able to dwell (if the person is born again). Animals do not have that capacity.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not have scripture to back my belief, but...

Personally, I do not know if animals will be in Heaven.

Honestly, even if they are not there the joy of simply having God will be more than enough to fill us with joy beyond that of comprehension while in this flesh.

However, I do not believe that God wastes anything... ESPECIALLY love. Because I do not believe that God would allow love to be wasted, I believe it possible they exist in some form.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How about animal?

Ecclesiastes 3:19
For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.

Job 12:7-10
“But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.

spirit = the breath of life and the breath of life returns to God

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can the creation wait eagerly for the
revealing of the sons of God?

the creation[all the planets suns....
the universe] All Is in a state of decay.
It was not always that way.

Isaiah 45:18 (KJV)
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

At The resurrection—the time when we are changed to be spirit and to inherit the Kingdom, will be a time of delivery from the bondage of corruptible flesh. At that time the whole creation will be released from bondage and decay.

“Thou hast put all things [Moffatt: the universe] in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left
nothing that is not put under him. …”

But now we see not yet all things
[the universe] put under him”

Isaiah 51:16 (KJV)
And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Animals do not know about God
and so cannot have a spirit.

the spirit in man- this is not Gods holy spirit
it's in man, every man [human] has this spirit.

Man cannot know Godly things unless
given the Holy Spirit from God.

1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth
the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

- science calls it your conscience, they can't see, or feel, or touch it, calling it human nature.

8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

- this it what imparts thought, it separates mans brain and thoughts from animals instincts,
but science cant see or understand it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the creation[all the planets suns....
the universe] All Is in a state of decay.
It was not always that way.

Isaiah 45:18 (KJV)
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

At The resurrection—the time when we are changed to be spirit and to inherit the Kingdom, will be a time of delivery from the bondage of corruptible flesh. At that time the whole creation will be released from bondage and decay.

“Thou hast put all things [Moffatt: the universe] in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left
nothing that is not put under him. …”

But now we see not yet all things
[the universe] put under him”

Isaiah 51:16 (KJV)
And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

All of creation (including trees and stuff) could be included in the restoration from decay possibly based on verse 22, but I take it to mean primarily creatures or animals in Romans 8:19-22. Verse 39 confirms even more that Paul is talking about creatures. For creatures also cannot separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Off the top of my head, I would like to offer the following thoughts. To the people of Jesus' time, the spirit was the life-giving force that animated the physical body. It is what left the body when someone died. So I think they would have seen animals as having spirits. But I think the confusion comes from equating spirit with soul. God creates a soul, which is an image of his eternal nature, and places that within a human baby. Only man possesses an eternal soul, not animals. It is the soul that grants us the gifts of God's graces and allows us to see things as God would. As a proof of point, we do not condemn an animal for killing since they are only fulfilling their animal nature; but we do condemn a man for killing without cause because God calls us to a higher standard of morality.
'..As a proof of point, we do not condemn an animal for killing since they are only fulfilling their animal nature;.."

We most certainly do condemn an animal for killing, sometimes even by killing it in return.
We realize that most of the time the animal had little choice or was doing it to survive but the killing (depending on circumstance) is most certainly condemned.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"It's only logical that if animals have a soul, they have a spirit" I'd disagree with that assertion. God is Spirit. Only man is made in the image of God. Yes, animals will be in heaven, but they are not made in God's image. They have not sinned so do not need to be saved.
didnt god kill a animal in genesis to clothe adam and eve

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How about animal?
Yes, everything that lives has a spirit.

There are simple spirits like those of bacterias, percieving spirits like of cats or dogs, rational spirits like of humans and angels and the most perfect spirit God from whom is everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ecclesiastes 3:19
For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.

Job 12:7-10
“But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.

spirit = the breath of life and the breath of life returns to God
The breath of life is different from the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit....the Holy Spirit.

As to Ecclesiastes....it ponders on all the negatives....
the person that wrote this book did not believe in life after death...

as also didn't the Sadducees at the time of Jesus.
In the O.T. some believed that when a person died,,,that was the end of that person.

Jesus gave further revelation (as did Paul).

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone kindly pointed out that Ecclesiastes 3:20 says that animals have a spirit. It's the same Hebrew word as used for the spirit of man. It says in chapter 12:7 that the dust returns to the earth and the spirit to God. Animals were made of dust just as we were. Animals do not sin. Why would God reject them from heaven? I don't know for sure. Just offering an alternative view.

There are differences. Paul (1 Corinthians 15:39) states this clearly. It seems to me that in the soul realm, man has the ability to choose. Animals function on instinct. The spirit of man is where God is able to dwell (if the person is born again). Animals do not have that capacity.
Animals won't be in heaven for the same reason the unsaved won't be there....They are not aware of God or do not accept Him.

Only those with the HOLY SPIRIT will be in heaven.

God gave Adam the BREATH OF LIFE in Genesis....NOT the Holy Spirit as some on here have stated.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Animals won't be in heaven for the same reason the unsaved won't be there....They are not aware of God or do not accept Him.

God gave Adam the BREATH OF LIFE in Genesis....NOT the Holy Spirit as some on here have stated.
It's true, it's the breath of life. But plainly from the Word man has a spirit. It is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit dwells in the spirit of the believer. I don't see any reason to disqualify animals from the next life. They are part of God's creation that waits eagerly for the revelation of the sons of God. If they just disappear at the end of this age, why would they look forward to the revelation of the sons of God?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

In both Greek and Hebrew, breath, wind and spirit are one word.

You can say that a dog has a breath of live or that a dog has a spirit of life. Both are valid translation.

Upvote 0