DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟29,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you worry, or are you sure you are saved?

No. Not once I understood the true gospel. (And, no, that does not include either the 'cheap grace' or 'once-saved-always-saved' doctrines, which are false teachings.)

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Christian Advice" section: Best Advice: PRAY to YHWH THE CREATOR A LOT.
In the NEW TESTAMENT, see who was worried, and who was not. Or even better, who was RIGHTEOUS, and who was not. Who was pure of heart, and who was not. (since no one who is not pure in heart enters heaven).

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No worries, at all. However, way back, I used to worry all the time. Probably said the sinner's pray a 100 times. It wasn't until my pastor preached about how he used to worry about his own salvation, and what finally took the worry away, that I did the same and became confident in my own salvation. As he preached, you've changed your mind about Jesus (repented), believed the Gospel and made a public confession of your faith, now, you have to trust Jesus to do what He said He will do, save you. End of story, end of worry, I'm trusting Jesus to do what He said He will do and have never doubted my salvation since, because I know Jesus will do what He says He will do.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is a big difference between "saved", and "going to be saved".
In the NEW TESTAMENT, in ACTS particularly, the ecclesia rejoiced greatly, and continually lived daily with RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and JOY - they EXPERIENCED THIS after they were immersed in Y'SHUA in the NEW TESTAMENT.
They died willingly, knowing they had a home not of this earth.
They died willingly, as martyrs, (many of them), with JOY, not with fear nor with doubts.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Like my dad who's a deacon says.

"If you worry you're saved you're not saved."

Right after Peter got the holy ghost he went out and performed a miracle becuase he knew.

ANd if you worry that's dangerous for yourself too... don't cast out demons or anything and take time to examine yourself. If you are questioning yourself then sin has nothing to fear.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

I used to, back when I was under the misconception that one could lose their salvation. In those times where I was "sure" I felt saved, I would actually beg God to kill me so I'd know I'd make it. When I learned otherwise, it's always been a huge comfort knowing I'm in His hands, and not dependent on myself for such things.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟29,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to, back when I was under the misconception that one could lose their salvation. ...

The thinking you express here is not Godly: satan is the father of OSAS and other false doctrines.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to, back when I was under the misconception that one could lose their salvation. In those times where I was "sure" I felt saved, I would actually beg God to kill me so I'd know I'd make it. When I learned otherwise, it's always been a huge comfort knowing I'm in His hands, and not dependent on myself for such things.
. The Bible says this in I believe timonthy 4:8 or either 8:4. "Some will depart the faith giving head to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils". I didn't utilize this verse to suggest you are a devil but rather that it is indeed possible to Lose salvation. In acts 5 we see this as well where Silas and Ananias lose their Holy Ghost(salvation) and die. Besides look at the multitude of the 70 that followed Jesus, they all left until there was only 12 left. Even then Judas departed the faith for money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
. The Bible says this in I believe timonthy 4:8 or either 8:4. "Some will depart the faith giving head to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils". I didn't utilize this verse to suggest you are a devil but rather that it is indeed possible to Lose salvation. In acts 5 we see this as well where Silas and Ananias lose their Holy Ghost(salvation) and die. Besides look at the multitude of the 70 that followed Jesus, they all left until there was only 12 left. Even then Judas departed the faith for money.

Your conclusions are inaccurate, but if you wanted to argue O.S.A.S, please do so on an appropriate thread that pertains to that topic. That's not what the OP is asking about.

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟29,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your conclusions are inaccurate, but if you wanted to argue O.S.A.S, please do so on an appropriate thread that pertains to that topic. That's not what the OP is asking about.

So being concerned about salvation is not relevant to this thread?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My answer was topical and accurate I didn't utilize my opinion at all only a KJV bible

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I mean what I memorized from a KJV bible but yeah I commit scriptures to memory

Upvote 0

DukeDesu

Dec 15, 2016
USA
✟8,893.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I did when I was still a youngin', from time to time. I remember Pastor Chuck Smith of CC Costa Mesa mentioned somewhere he also went through something similar when he was younger (stuff like going to see a certain movie or going to a dance would trigger him to think he had lost his salvation, then he'd recommit his life, rinse repeat).

The thing about worry (particularly the anxiety-based sort that this would be referring to) is it often has little to no bearing on the reality or truth of the subject matter. One may worry that their wife doesn't love them or their husband has had an affair when that is not at all the case. One may worry their paycheck isn't in the mailbox when it is, that they are seriously ill when they are not, or even that they are overweight when they may be underweight.

• Winner
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, do you?

Look at at this way, can you trust Jesus to save you, or not. Is he the way, the truth and the life...or not.

Its not as if we can save ourselves or rely on anyone or anything else to save us from sin.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

No, I don't worry about my salvation. Like the apostle Paul, I "know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day." (2Ti. 1:12)

My grandfather used to say that the best way to become confident in your salvation is to love God fully. He's absolutely right. There are some who will urge you to fear God instead, to live in constant dread that you may lose your adoption into His family. But as the apostle John wrote, "Perfect love casts out fear," and, "he who fears has no been made perfect in love" (1Jn. 4:18) The more you love God and understand His love for you (the two things go hand-in-hand) the less you will fear Him and doubt the reality of your salvation.

Selah.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like my dad who's a deacon says.

"If you worry you're saved you're not saved."

Doesn't sound very encouraging for someone that worries ...

Funny, actually I have heard the opposite, that people that are worried about this, often are the people that have least reason to worry. :)

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't sound very encouraging for someone that worries ...

Funny, actually I have heard the opposite, that people that are worried about this, often are the people that have least reason to worry. :)

That's why it's good to read a bible. The bible confirms what my dad says.

Now if you are saved and simply want more faith then you follow acts 4

It says they prayed for BOLDNESS and the place was shaken, where they were assembled together, and they were filled with the holy ghost and spoke the word with boldness. They already received it in acts 2 but they needed confidence and boldness so what they did was get another filling. You're not supposed to doubt your salvation.

But if you are unsure you're saved (your not) then follow acts 2:38 Now in some cases someone just gets the holy ghost and they spoke in tounques or osmething but the devil is trying to make them believe they don't have it. He tried to do that with my friend. His response was like you know what I know what I got and no one can tell me I don't have Jesus inside. And he's been increasing ever since and moving in the holy ghost since.

Additionally it depends on who you talk to and how they define salvation. If you believe in the holy ghost then you must have confidence in your salvation.

If you believe in simply accepting Jesus or something like that then it's different prob.

Also there's a difference between worrying about something/ concerned about your walk with christ and worrying about if you're saved or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible confirms what my dad says.

No it doesn't :D

Talking in tongues is no proof of being saved or that you have the holy Spirit. It's been very much misused.

I didn't post this because of being unsure about my salvation, but because many Christians seem to be unsure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0