Do you think playing computer games a sin ?

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So I have playstation 4 some games like sports I don't think is a sin,but i also play sometimes Grand theft Auto 5 and i feel when I play it . I often want to hit some people in a game or kill them and I feel negative if I do that although it seems as innocent games.I think its Holy Spirit that tells me it's bad. Because in a way or thoughts become reality in this game.
But i often feel tempted to play this game ....how to fight this?

Did you ask God what He thought about you even owning a PlayStation 4? Did you ask yourself, "Is this going to move me closer to God, or farther away?" Look, God gave you life to serve His purposes, not your own. You were made by Him to do what He wants you to do. It doesn't sound, though, like you are "on board" with this reality. It sounds like you are the center of your life, not God. And this is, I think, why you find yourself playing Grand Theft Auto and desiring to injure and kill people in the game play. God's not in charge of your life. And the longer He isn't in charge, the darker your life is going to get.

The simple solution to the evil temptations of Grand Theft Auto is simply to trash the game. Get rid of it. And stay away from any game that rewards you for killing other people. You can bet God is not pleased when you play such games. I think, too, that pretending to kill people is hardening you, it is slowly dissolving any natural empathy you might have for other people. What will you say to God on the day when you stand before Him and must give an account to Him for how you've lived? How will you justify using the life He gave you to play games where you go about murdering folk?

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So I have playstation 4 some games like sports I don't think is a sin,but i also play sometimes Grand theft Auto 5 and i feel when I play it . I often want to hit some people in a game or kill them and I feel negative if I do that although it seems as innocent games.I think its Holy Spirit that tells me it's bad. Because in a way or thoughts become reality in this game.
But i often feel tempted to play this game ....how to fight this?

Depends on the game and how much you let gaming control your life, your attitude, and your relationship with God. I would stop playing any game that tempts you to sin or creates violent and bad thoughts in your head. I am a gamer as well (more casually though) and I stick to games that don't have realistically or grossly violent content in them.

Upvote 0