Do you think even the most unrighteous people who repent can go to heaven?

Chickentacossh

May 7, 2018
WV
✟13,027.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think even the most abominable, unrighteous people who used to rebel against God can repent, turn away from their sin and believe in Jesus Christ as their savior? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.

Last edited:

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think the unrighteous who repent can go to heaven if they repent and turn away from their sin? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.
Of course! That is how every Christian came to be.
We were first dead in our sins, unrighteous. And then we repented because we were called to know the truth of God through Christ.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think the unrighteous who repent can go to heaven if they repent and turn away from their sin?

Turn away from their sin and then turn to who?

There are many good people who turn away from their sin.

Too bad being good never gets anyone to heaven.

And for how long are they truly good?

The Bible says there was only one that was good.

Grace Alone
Faith Alone
Christ Alone

What a relief!
I'm not in the picture.

For sure I would
mess things up!

M-Bob

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think the unrighteous who repent can go to heaven if they repent and turn away from their sin? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.
I think this answers your question:

[17] "Yet your people say, `The way of the Lord is not just'; when it is their own way that is not just.
[18] When the righteous turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, he shall die for it.
[19] And when the wicked turns from his wickedness, and does what is lawful and right, he shall live by it.
[20] Yet you say, `The way of the Lord is not just.' O house of Israel, I will judge each of you according to his ways."the league. Does anyone else put leagues together like this? Ezekiel 33:17-20 RSV

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think even the most unrighteous people who repent can go to heaven if they repent, turn away from their sin and believe in Jesus Christ as their savior? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.

Did not the thief on the cross who repented, went to Paradise with Jesus?

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All unrighteousness leads to one place, whether some are more evil than others - Christ's atonement covers all sins through faith, if a person believes and calls upon the name of the Lord.

That's why the Gospel is called good news - we were once lost, but now are found.

Even if a person commits one sin their entire life and never believes on Jesus, they're condemned.

If a person commits a sin every second of their life, but believes on Christ - they're not condemned because they believe on the only begotten.

That's the power of the Gospel of Christ. It's the power of salvation to everyone that believes.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think even the most unrighteous people who used to rebel against God can repent and can go to heaven if they repent, turn away from their sin and believe in Jesus Christ as their savior? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.

Repentance is the key.

It's like remembering to take your medicine ...

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check out King Manassa in 2 Chronicles 33.
He was one of the most evil kings in history. Yet God forgave him when he repented.
Apostle Paul murdered Christians and God forgave him and used him to write about 1/2 of the NT.
King David was an adulterer and a murderer, yet God forgave him when he repented.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi lazybeanz,

Yes, anyone who accepts God's condition for salvation will be saved on the day of God's judgment. The most vile murdering child molesting wife beating thief can receive God's promise of eternal life.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God forgave Paul, and he refers to himself as the "chief of sinners". And again in another passage:

1 Timothy 1:15 "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." (ESV)

"This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"--and I am the worst of them all." (NLT)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did not the thief on the cross who repented, went to Paradise with Jesus?

"Paradise" refers to the Edenlike restored earth during Christ's millennial rule, not heaven.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think even the most abominable, unrighteous people who used to rebel against God can repent
See the difference in the question from the OP ^^^,
and the question in the TITLE ? >>
" Do you think even the most unrighteous people who repent can go to heaven? "

There is a huge difference.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Paradise" refers to the Edenlike restored earth during Christ's millennial rule, not heaven.

Who said I referred Paradise as Heaven?

The point was that he was saved, although he from our standpoint would have been seen as unrighteous. He repented, and he was forgiven.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who said I referred Paradise as Heaven?

The point was that he was saved, although he from our standpoint would have been seen as unrighteous. He repented, and he was forgiven.

Jesus didn't say he was forgiven or saved, only that he would "be with me", resurrected physically, in the restored earth. The man would still have yet to be judged (the White Throne Judgment period). Nothing indicates that he repented, only that he admitted his guilt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus didn't say he was forgiven or saved, only that he would "be with me", resurrected physically, in the restored earth. The man would still have yet to be judged (the White Throne Judgment period). Nothing indicates that he repented, only that he admitted his guilt.

Lol say what now?

How in the world Paradise equates to Judgement Day?

The restore earth would be the new earth, Paradise, after Judgement. He destroys this one first, then comes new earth. You really believe that Jesus, after what that thief said and defended him and said that he wasn't worthy (that's repentance), is gonna go tell him, "today you shall be with me when I come down to judge you and damn you for all eternity? That's how you read the passage?! Really?!?!

Where's the logic in that?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol say what now?

How in the world Paradise equates to Judgement Day?

The restore earth would be the new earth, Paradise, after Judgement. He destroys this one first, then comes new earth. You really believe that Jesus, after what that thief said and defended him and said that he wasn't worthy (that's repentance), is gonna go tell him, "today you shall be with me when I come down to judge you and damn you for all eternity? That's how you read the passage?! Really?!?!

Where's the logic in that?

We're so far apart on this that I suggest you study some more on the subject.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I was thinking and this came across my mind. Do you think even the most abominable, unrighteous people who used to rebel against God can repent, turn away from their sin and believe in Jesus Christ as their savior? I couldn’t find a correct board for this so if it isn’t please forgive me.
Why not? "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Rom 3:22-24 And Paul said, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners— of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." 1Tim 1:15,16

Apparently are not limits, no exceptions in this regard. You cannot be bad enough to be disqualified from receiving the gift of eternal life. That's one of the main aspects of the gospel.

Upvote 0