Do you think church attendance is important?

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
My question on reincarnation would be: what is preserved from CloudyDay1 to CloudyDay2? I seem to have started over the game of live with no inheritance from CloudyDay1. If I can't remember anything about CloudyDay1, then how is that reincarnation? I have inherited things, but they were not things specifically from CloudyDay1. I inherited my atoms, and my genetic code, and my upbringing, but those came from everybody in the past - not just CloudyDay1.
I'm no expert on the subject, but I think our inborn tendencies might be
what's carried over from lessons learned in a previous life. For instance, I
(only half-jokingly) say that I have a strong aversion to the lottery and
gambling because I was a lousy gambler in a previous life to the point
where it really messed me up. So I despise the concept (gambling, not
reincarnation) now.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
My question on reincarnation would be: what is preserved from CloudyDay1 to CloudyDay2? I seem to have started over the game of live with no inheritance from CloudyDay1. If I can't remember anything about CloudyDay1, then how is that reincarnation? I have inherited things, but they were not things specifically from CloudyDay1. I inherited my atoms, and my genetic code, and my upbringing, but those came from everybody in the past - not just CloudyDay1.

Not all souls reincarnate.

There is no remembrence of earlier lives.

If a soul must come again it is for a special purpose.

One way to find rest in the soul is to think of it like this.

Where does the soul go?
Well,
where does a sunbeam go?

One minute it,s shining through the clouds, next minute it,s gone.
Where?
Back to it,s source.

The sunbeam is not it,s own source,
neither is the soul.

But it returns to it,s source.

Don,t know if this answers your question.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,615.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
A question I see in reading your post is: What is the real CloudyDay? I don't think it's your memories or inherited things. I'd have to go deeper than that to know.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We cannot know anyone's heart. At best we are guessing or going by the things we've seen and experienced.

What brought you here?

I enjoy communicating with various people. Also, i thoroughly enjoy obseving human behavior (psychology) which is revealed somewhat, in what people believe, how they justify what they believe and how they deal with people who disagree with them.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I enjoy communicating with various people. Also, i thoroughly enjoy obseving human behavior (psychology) which is revealed somewhat, in what people believe, how they justify what they believe and how they deal with people who disagree with them.

I think it's important to hear different perspectives. Sometimes they challenge our own. And I concur about human behavior. Belief is powerful and few can change course when they realize they're wrong. They'll contort themselves to maintain the path.

I'm glad you're here. I have never been challenged by Christians. But the atheist gentlemen I knew was my sandpaper. I learned a lot. Sometimes it was painful but nevertheless I grew. And sometimes I miss that. We didn't debate religion or anything else. But he stretched me nonetheless.

I learned to look beyond myself. I discovered grace and how to love. Not with an agenda or as a ministry. But simply because I wanted the best for him. And truth be told, I see more negativity and judgment here than I ever experienced with him. He knew how to listen and I think that's the difference. Few do. :)

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My question on reincarnation would be: what is preserved from CloudyDay1 to CloudyDay2?

Probably not much. CloudyDay, like me and everyone else, is pretty much just an 'ego'. That's not a negative thing, but everything we are and what we think about ourselves is materialistic and won't survive the death of our minds. What we are today in that sense, is given to us after birth. We are told who we are and where we fit in. We aren't born with that.

What would carry on would be the essence i suppose. The idea that we are waves on the ocean or bubbles in a stream. There for an instant, then gone, but still what we truly were (the water of the ocean or stream) is still there, just in another form.

Upvote 0