Do you think Christmas cards are becoming a thing of the past?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sent out my Christmas cards like I do every year. I realize that postage seems to go up every year and it is expensive. But I have to say I do miss the handwritten Christmas cards and they seem to be less and less every year. Texts, etc. are fine but it is not the same.

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I bought my cards today. I spend time choosing them for close relatives and friends specifically, others usually get a nativity scene. I want people to realise that I’m thinking of them at Christmas, not bulk messaging.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have also noticed a drop in Christmas cards. Some dear friends have died, and I appreciate my young piano students who bring cards and small gifts,
Times are changing ...

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I do enjoy sending and receiving Christmas cards, and it is sad that fewer people are sending them these days. We usually send a lot more than we receive. A lot of the family members apparently don't send them anymore.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I also noticed a huge drop in Christmas cards. I got mine ready to send out. I gave one to a professor at my work and he said he likes sending e-cards and I told him there is still nothing like regular Christmas Cards

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah a lot of people do the e-card thing. It's just not the same. Postage is so expensive anymore many are just stopping sending them out. You just don't see as many now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spherical

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2016
US
✟111,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I kind of agree with you. I keep on sending them, but the ammount I send vs the ammount I receive is not symmetrical. Doesn't mean like I will stop the tradition because of it. I love sending those cards!

Upvote 0