Do You Send Christmas Cards?

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I still send out Christmas cards in this day and age of the internet. Most people think I'm old fashioned, but I like sending them. They get me into a festive mood.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I do, too! :blush:

As a matter of fact, I'm making out the last two of them this evening ...
I include a personal letter in these 2 cards, so they take alittle longer to prepare.
Christmas is a nice time of year to keep in touch with special friends that we hold dear!
:evergreen:

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I put festive snow globe stamps on mine. I wanted the virgin Mary stamps, but they were all out.
I have seriously cut down with stamps being 60+ cents now. I send to those we are closest too and if we get someone that we have not sent a card to, I make one out and send it that day.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have seriously cut down with stamps being 60+ cents now. I send to those we are closest too and if we get someone that we have not sent a card to, I make one out and send it that day.
I also send a card immediately if I get one from someone I forgot to send one too. But, so far this year, no cards. :(

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I do not send them.
I do not exchange gifts with siblings.
Now the plane ride for my daughter and her BF cost over $900 and she said she cannot afford gifts and doesn't want any.
Each year Christmas gets less affordable.
I would love to have money to spend on everyone.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually have, for the past twenty years or so; this year, I don't believe I will. We've gotten hammered with repairs and disasters this last year, including a flooded basement, gutters on the house, and a new heating/cooling system. For a crippled veteran on a government stipend and a wife on Social Security disability, those were some pretty heavy expenses.

To top it all off, my wife hit a deer with her car a couple of months ago, and there were repairs with that; and my truck had to go in for an alternator replacement, which came to about $500.00. So I said, "Well, there's my Christmas present: a $500 alternator and repair bill."

And anyway, the month is half over, and we've only gotten three cards, two of which were from organizations, not relatives or friends. I suspect with prices being what they are, most folks need to hoard their cash for groceries and heat (and if they're wise, ammunition, but we won't go into that). So, I think I'm going to skip it this year.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I usually have, for the past twenty years or so; this year, I don't believe I will. We've gotten hammered with repairs and disasters this last year, including a flooded basement, gutters on the house, and a new heating/cooling system. For a crippled veteran on a government stipend and a wife on Social Security disability, those were some pretty heavy expenses.

To top it all off, my wife hit a deer with her car a couple of months ago, and there were repairs with that; and my truck had to go in for an alternator replacement, which came to about $500.00. So I said, "Well, there's my Christmas present: a $500 alternator and repair bill."

And anyway, the month is half over, and we've only gotten three cards, two of which were from organizations, not relatives or friends. I suspect with prices being what they are, most folks need to hoard their cash for groceries and heat (and if they're wise, ammunition, but we won't go into that). So, I think I'm going to skip it this year.
Sorry to hear you're having so many troubles. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do send out Christmas Cards and this year, just got around to it. I also make my own. And with original artwork, not those Pharmacy photo things with a smiling picture of me and my animals

I have been told that people do look forward to receiving them

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not those Pharmacy photo things with a smiling picture of me and my animals

Homemade, original artwork is very cool! :cool:

I would probably do one of those Pharmacy photo things, but I can't get all 5 of my furbabies to sit still and smile at one time!!

^_^

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
These days, I only send them to immediate family. Because I send them to so few people, I get really cool and expensive cards- usually 3D type ornaments.
I sent 3D cards too--to about 8 people.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums