Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Yes we are our own worst enemy! We also have spiritual forces at work that we cannot see that don't want us to be right with God. BUT.......BUT God is STRONGER and greater is He that is in YOU than he that is in the world. YOU can do ALL things thru Christ Jesus who strenghens you.

My favorite scripture which is actually my life verse is Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT to your own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct your path. (emphasis added by me)

You can talk to the Lord just as easily as you can type on this forum. I WILL pray for you, I really will! Just make sure or try to make sure you crack your bible each day, even if you only read one verse. And speak to the Lord whenever He comes to your mind. If you can, listen to Praise music. It will uplift your spirit. As you know music is very powerful. You WILL get thru this and we are here when you need us. I don't get on here on the weekends, but I usually check in here M-F while I'm at work.
God loves you RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE. He knew you would be here an He is not surprised by any of it, nor does He love you any less for your struggles. Just do what you can, when you can and take it moment by moment if you have to. :hug::hug::hug: If God is for you who can be against you?

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I had a long break from CF, but I am back now ... and I have been single for two and a half years. I just wondered if you make friends on CF or just superficial acquaintances. I am not so good at making comments on others' posts yet. I guess I am just browsing some forums that are ''new'' to me. Wish you all a blessed day. :)

First welcome back. :) I have made friends but the better friendships have taken time to find and develop. I have made friends in various places on CF but in other areas beside here. Mind you, I've just started posting here. So idk... However, I have found that the internet has made it rather convenient for people to consider etiquette less and walk away more. This can be difficult. I'm not sure if this is helpful but I've found the better of my relationships here in areas of deeper sharing. I think many people who take part in CF have the same concerns. ...unless they are looking for quick diposable relationships. If this is the case then they really aren't good for us to be around. I think if we find people who are sincere then it is a blessing. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have always considered the web to be down the list of priorities. Family, work, church, household chores and people that live near us all come before the time I spend on the web. That being said, I enjoy very much the people I meet here and other places around the web. So I hope the words and a few pictures are meaningful and help them enjoy the day. But I have always felt that any day I could stop by and people wouldn't be there. Something else will take up their time.

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟18,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I had a long break from CF, but I am back now ... and I have been single for two and a half years. I just wondered if you make friends on CF or just superficial acquaintances. I am not so good at making comments on others' posts yet. I guess I am just browsing some forums that are ''new'' to me. Wish you all a blessed day. :)

Yes, OnlyBelieve is my friend and we're both Queenslanders lol. She gives good advice, is uplifting and always praying for others. I can tell we're friends for life, you can feel these things in your bones. Everyone send her friend requests, she deserves it! :)

Besides that we're all bros & sis in Christ. :)

Upvote 0