Do you know that the heart is the center of intelligence?

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever wondered, why you hold your hand in front of your chest, if you`re showing emotions, or singing perhaps? It`s because the heart, is the center of emotions and intelligence. The soul is in the brain-stem, while the brain is for higher thinking, but the heart, is where your true intelligence is. It senses also, the enviroment, in case someone is in emotional need, or in danger. It also heals you

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever wondered, why you hold your hand in front of your chest, if you`re showing emotions, or singing perhaps? It`s because the heart, is the center of emotions and intelligence. The soul is in the brain-stem, while the brain is for higher thinking, but the heart, is where your true intelligence is. It senses also, the enviroment, in case someone is in emotional need, or in danger. It also heals you
Not sure what you mean by intelligence. Heart is a muscle that is pumping blood. It reacts to emotional stress, food, micronutrients and similar, but I cannot think of anything why it should be called "the center of our intelligence".

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what you mean by intelligence. Heart is a muscle that is pumping blood. It reacts to emotional stress, food, micronutrients and similar, but I cannot think of anything that should be called "the center of our intelligence".

Why do you hold your hand over your chest when singing then, for example?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Or maybe it's because emotional states release hormones that affect blood pressure, heart rate, etc., and you feel those in your chest.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are aware that people have received transplants, including some cases where it was a pig heart. In most cases the person involved lived long enough to show that they maintained the intelligence they had before surgery.

If the heart were the center of intelligence, shouldn't they have displayed that of the transplant donor?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is like the middle ages all over again.​
More like ancient Egypt.
The Egyptians considered the heart the seat of intelligence as evidenced by mummification; the heart was separately mummified and returned to the body while the brain was extracted through the nostrils with a hook like assembly and discarded like trash.

Their tools for the trade as shown were known as brain hooks.

Extraction+of+the+Brain.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
If I get an artificial heart does that make me a robot?

OB

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
No, but you might inherit personality traits. Living with both.

Both what?

I don't think you understood me.

An artificial heart completely replaces a natural heart.

If I follow the OPs logic I would, after replacement, be an emotionless robot lacking intelligence.

OB

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Both what?

I don't think you understood me.

An artificial heart completely replaces a natural heart.

If I follow the OPs logic I would, after replacement, be an emotionless robot lacking intelligence.

OB
There are already computers that would do better on a Turing test than a lot of posters here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It is like the middle ages all over again.

I think that's rather insulting to the middle ages. A 9th century peasant not knowing something that they can't know is pretty excusable. When knowing something is literally at our finger tips, 24/7, there's less of an excuse for that same level of ignorance.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
How many times are you going to repost this?

Upvote 0