Do you know that the heart is the center of intelligence?

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that's rather insulting to the middle ages. A 9th century peasant not knowing something that they can't know is pretty excusable. When knowing something is literally at our finger tips, 24/7, there's less of an excuse for that same level of ignorance.

-CryptoLutheran
Honestly, I was thinking of the people who called themselves 'learned men' during the Middle Ages. Their idea of humors in the blood was just as bad.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever wondered, why you hold your hand in front of your chest, if you`re showing emotions, or singing perhaps? It`s because the heart, is the center of emotions and intelligence. The soul is in the brain-stem, while the brain is for higher thinking, but the heart, is where your true intelligence is. It senses also, the enviroment, in case someone is in emotional need, or in danger. It also heals you
You might be interested to know a major usage for the word 'heart' that tens or hundreds of millions of Christians have learned.

In Christian scripture, the word 'heart' is used to refer to a person's inner thoughts/feelings, which are often not seen by other people.
But of course God can see one's 'heart' -->

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” -- 1 Samuel 16:7 - Samuel Anoints David

Consistently in the text, the word 'heart' is used simply to be all a person's secret thoughts and attitudes:

6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. == Romans 2

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You might be interested to know a major usage for the word 'heart' that tens or hundreds of millions of Christians have learned.

In Christian scripture, the word 'heart' is used to refer to a person's inner thoughts/feelings, which are often not seen by other people.
But of course God can see one's 'heart' -->

I'm sure this figurative usage confuses some people. Seemingly the OP is one of them.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
This is pretty basic to many spiritual trajectories, not just Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever wondered, why you hold your hand in front of your chest, if you`re showing emotions, or singing perhaps? It`s because the heart, is the center of emotions and intelligence. The soul is in the brain-stem, while the brain is for higher thinking, but the heart, is where your true intelligence is. It senses also, the enviroment, in case someone is in emotional need, or in danger. It also heals you
Explain heart transplants.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There are already computers that would do better on a Turing test than a lot of posters here.
I am certain that there are already many places on the internet where most conversation is done by AI bots talking to each other.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am certain that there are already many places on the internet where most conversation is done by AI bots talking to each other.
You have to be smart to discern the truth nowadays.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah, smart doesn't cut it anymore. It's better to just assume that everyone is lying.
That's the best way to approach anything you are being told because they might be.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That's the best way to approach anything you are being told because they might be.
That’s where knowing how to think is better than what the think.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nah, smart doesn't cut it anymore. It's better to just assume that everyone is lying.

Nah, the best thing to do is to not focus so much on whether or not someone's position is correct... because everybody's gonna be wrong about something... instead focus on how worked up they get about it. We can figure stuff out so long as people don't go crazy vilifying the people who disagree with them.

Maybe we should stop yelling back at them, and start calmly listening to them, even if they are nuts. A calm nut is a lot easier to deal with than a livid one. I know it seems like my level of outrage needs to match their level of outrage, otherwise they win. But I'm hoping that in the end the adults in the room will outnumber the two year olds, and in spite of all the yelling, calmer minds will prevail.

Then again, we could just beat each other senseless while waiting for the A.I.'s to do what we impassioned humans can't... act like rational adults.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Nah, the best thing to do is to not focus so much on whether or not someone's position is correct... because everybody's gonna be wrong about something... instead focus on how worked up they get about it. We can figure stuff out so long as people don't go crazy vilifying the people who disagree with them.

Maybe we should stop yelling back at them, and start calmly listening to them, even if they are nuts. A calm nut is a lot easier to deal with than a livid one. I know, it seems like my level of outrage needs to match their level of outrage, otherwise they win. But I'm hoping that in the end the adults in the room will outnumber the two year olds, and in spite of all the yelling, calmer minds will prevail.

Then again, we could just beat each other senseless while waiting for the A.I.'s to do what we impassioned humans can't... act like rational adults.
You are aware that ultimately, AI is trained on data created by humans, right? How could it ever be better than humans?

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are aware that ultimately, AI is trained on data created by humans, right? How could it ever be better than humans?

Which means that you can yell and scream as much as you want, and I can yell and scream as much as I want, and the A.I. will do what it's trained to do... find the happy medium.

So in that sense... how could it not be better than humans?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

For me its the ears!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0