Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 10, 2009
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have known him since childhood, however I must admit that I wasn't faithful to him through my late teens and early 20's. Recently I have recommitted my life to him. Praise God that he never gives up on us.
I have recently recommited my life to Christ. He is calling me to be separate from the non-believers in my life, even family, that I have allowed to bring me down and other worldly things that served to divide my mind. If don't mind, could you share some of the ways you have had to do this? I understand this was posted a while ago, and may be somewhat off topic, but please respond, anyone that has something to help. I'm not sure yet how to use this site, so a email would be appreciated also.

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
when you become a believer in Jesus Christ, become the most enthusiastic believer who has ever lived, you will be rewarded for it.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Matthew 5:8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OLDGUY

Feb 2, 2010
✟7,708.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I know that He has been good, very good, beyond any reason to this poor sinner. He has shown me the way and the light of His salvation. I have no extraordinary tales of what I have been through. Just an average person/sinner, but without His love and grace I am lost. If anyone wants to know hoe Christ can help them I will consider it an honor and privilege to show them why He is worthy of praise. If he can help just an average person and cares enough to do so how much more will He help those less fortunate than I. Please pray that all may find His love.

Upvote 0

d.roland

Mar 25, 2010
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He is calling me to be separate from the non-believers in my life

I came here hoping to find how to make myself believe. It has been my experience that christians do not wish to be near us non saved, and in fact, get angry when I ask questions. Reading how you all are saved does not help those of us who are not, when christians refuse to associate with us.

Upvote 0

d.roland

Mar 25, 2010
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello. This is directed to those who offered to help. Please understand that my question is sincere.

How do you believe in God and Jesus? I have tried and tried, but I just cannot make myself believe.

I see the happiness you have, but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot make myself believe in it all.

What is it that helped you to actually believe that Jesus did that? I sincerely
want to know.

I read the bible and ask God to lead me,,, but it just isn't real to me.

I don't know the secret. Help me understand. Telling me to have faith doesn't help much.

Upvote 0

1611AV

REPENT YE, AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.
May 1, 2010
Florida
✟16,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I came here hoping to find how to make myself believe. It has been my experience that christians do not wish to be near us non saved, and in fact, get angry when I ask questions. Reading how you all are saved does not help those of us who are not, when christians refuse to associate with us.

I did not read all the history in this thread so I wont say to much yet. But, I just happened to see this post and will reply. ANY proclaiming Christian that does not have a heart for the lost is NOT a Christian. We are not to be separated from the lost but separated from the world.

With that said, No Christian can make you believe. You say you read your Bible and pray to God. What kind of Bible do you read? Have you ever heard the Gospel? If you have, do you believe the Gospel? Do you go to Church? Do you know that you are a sinner? I'm just trying to see where your at. Do you know that your sin separates you from God so he will not hear your prayers?

From what I have seen in the little I have read in this thread. It is filled with Christians that are willing to help. Some have offered to assist via PM.

Know this: Jesus is God, He came in the flesh, died on a cross and shed his Blood for the remission of our sins, He died, was buried and on the 3rd day he (Jesus) rose from the dead.

Please read the entire book of John. Read it over and over.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.