Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savedbygod1225

Jun 25, 2007
newcastle, ont
✟7,629.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
IT MAY BE LONG BUT I POURED MY HEART INTO THIS AND ITS MY EXPERIENCE, I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO READ IT, BUT IF YOU DONT THATS OK TO.

hello everyone. please dont notice the poor spelling in this post, its just im a 14 year old kid and its 12 oclock at night. :)

two days ago i was over at a frends house and had nothing to do and i was very bored. and her mother is a born-again christan and she is heavy into the gospel, it was a sunday, so she was going to church. now i have NEVER beleved in god. but i was bored so i said ''sheila (my friends mom) my i come to church with you(her eyes lit up) and she said yes. so i went to chirch and when i got theire i was greated my EVERONE and i felt so exxcepted and so at home theire. so i decided to listen in chirch and go olong with it.

i church did not really make me beleve in god, inface it had not efect on my at the time, but about an hour later i was sitting, enjoying a cigarett and looking at the tree line out by theire home, and i thought in my mind and heart that theire MUST be an end theire MUST be a creator and at that EXACT moment in time i had faith, TRUE genuine faith and i broke down in tears. so now i read the bible and i pray and EVERYTHING is going so well i have no problems. its like the weaight has been lifted off my sholder.

preveous to this day i was not a good person. i smoked weed, i drank, and i never respected ANYONE but myself. but now i have NO desire to smoke pot, and i have no desire to drink, i dont even have a desire to have pre-marital sex (witch i had done on countless occasion revious to that sunday)

when i accsepted jesus as my personal savior EVERTHING changed for the better.

god bless everyone!!!

YOUR TRULLY: BROCK
:amen:

ps: feel free to email me at: pbw92@hotmail.com

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Wow! That one is going to be a hard to follow.

I grew up in a Christian home. but I was a troubled child, I had ADHD. They called MBD- Minimal Brain Dysfunction when I was a child. I was hopped up in Ritalin and Melleril to make me sit still and behave in class. I still had behavioral problems.

I was close to my grandfather. He would pick me up and play with me. I visited him often in his small two bedroom house in Carson California. I remember He, my brother and I playing with a a simple Chinese air gun that fired wads of tissue paper. A wad ended up landing on Grandma's nose! Those were fun times. Then Grandpa had a massive heart attack. After two weeks in the hospital he died. That left an empty space in my heart.

It was after that that I started having night fears and nightmares. Fortunately I was smart enough to seek comfort in the arms of Jesus. I accepted Him as my Lord in October 1973. I was baptized a few days later.

After a few weeks the school I attended noticed a behavior change. My family doctor was able to remove me from the medication for hyperactivity.

Today I struggle with Bipolar Disorder. It is no easy road, bit this cross is easier to bear when I know that Jesus is right there with me. Even in the darkest moments of depression, there is a little voice inside me that tells me I am still loved and worth something to God.

Upvote 0

longboneslinger

Jul 6, 2007
✟15,228.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:amen: Yes!! Amens all around!:amen:
I thought at one time that I had it bad. I had some health problems like Gastritis, acid reflux and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). All stress induced. Due to this and other worldly problems I was contemplating suicide on a daily basis and had made a pact with myself that I wouldn't see my 40th birthday. I had even planned out my death to look like and accident so my wife would get my life insurance.
I look back now and wonder why. I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior on July 18th at 6:30 PM, 2007. Yupyup. Just last month. Now I see posts like these and realize that I had it easy compared to others. It's a shame that we allow satan to empty our faith and lead us to temptation. He's truly earned and earning his title as 'father of lies'. :doh:
I went from foul-mouthed and foul-tempered to no-cussing and joyful in a few short months. My mood is lighter. I find happiness where I used to find anger. I laugh at what used to send me into a blaspheming rage. My health has gone from bad to great. A couple of zantacs has replaced the $100 in meds I was taking. I even sleep better. No dreams of death and horror. :thumbsup:
I am in total awe at the changes Christ has made in me. That He could take such a lump of broken clay and change me into something presentable is a testament to his Love. That He continues is a testament to his patience. Amazing Grace indeed.
Extra note: I get baptized Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. The betting is at 3 to 1 odds of the water boiling out of the baptismal pool. Aint friends wonderful? The pastor has been told to 'dunk him twice!'. Aint family wonderful?
All I gotta say to satan is "Nananee booboo I win!!!!' Being reborn is my chance at a second childhood!! My wife call is 'senile', or when she's nice 'special' and keeps mentioning the 'short bus'. Aint wives wonderful?

I have discovered the secret to life and the universe! Life is a test, it's only a test. Christ Jesus is the Answer! Hey, if you got the answer to lifes big test, what's left to be bummed out over?? Answer-NOTHING!!:preach:
May God bless you one and all!!
BoNE

Upvote 0
C

Cody2

I sure do! :)

Cody's Testimony

When I was a little kid, I always thought I believed in God. My friend told me that if I would pray to God, I would be saved. Well, I did and I went all through my childhood thinking I was saved. My mom and dad never went to church, so the only time I went to church was on Easter. Then one day my grandparents started going back to church. They called my house and invited me to go to church with them. So I started going to church every sunday with them. There would be days I hated to go. I thought church was boring and I would always try to think of some excuse not to go, but thankfully my mom made me go. I didn't like her telling me what to do then, but later I would find out that she was doing the biggest favor she would ever do for me in my life.

One day I was sitting down, listening to the preacher preach like always. He started preaching and I my heart began to feel heavy. I started to realize that I really wasn't saved. Jesus spoke to my heart that night and told me that if I didn't get saved, I was going to hell. The preacher gave an altar call for anyone who was lost. I thought about going up there, but then I got nervous and thought that people would laugh at me. The altar call ended and the preacher dismissed church. My mom and I got in her car to go home. As we was driving away from church, I bursted out in tears. I told my mom that God spoke to me and I needed to get saved because I was lost. So the next sunday I went to church. I sat down in my seat and the preacher started to preach. I was shaking in my seat because I knew he was going to give an altar call. I was so scared to go up there, but I know that if I didn't go that night, I might not have another chance because death may come for anyone at anytime. The preacher got done preaching and said that he was going to give an altar call and that anyone could come if they felt that they needed to be saved. I remember getting up out of my seat and taking the first step. The first step was so hard, but after the first step, I felt that I was being carried up to the altar. I could not feel my legs when I was walking up to the altar. I bent down at the altar and began to cry. I prayed to Jesus that he would save me. All of my church was at the altar praying for me, including my grandpa. When I got done praying, I stood up with tears in my eyes. I felt that God had took my heavy heart and lightened it. It was the best feeling in the world, it was unexplainable. My grandpa gave me a hug and I saw that everyone was in tears. The preacher asked me if I was lost and I proudly said "Not anymore."

After that day, every sunday I would want to go to church because it was a blessing to me to hear God's word. Going to church also helps me get by in my life. Praying has also helped me get threw a lot of life's troubles. It feels good to know that I have someone to talk to anytime I want. I can talk to God about anything and he always helps me. Getting saved doesn't mean you are going to be a perfect Christian afterwards, but it makes you want to strive to be a better person. I hope my testimony may of helped you and remember, no matter who you are or what you have done in the past, God will forgive you because he loves all his children. If you do not go to church ask a friend or a family member if they would take you sometime. I know it may be boring at first, but one day God will speak to your heart. No, I am not saying he will physically talk to you, but you will know when he speaks to you. If you have any questions at all do not hesitate to ask me. Thanks for reading what I had to say.

God Bless

Saved-May 13, 2002
Baptized-June 2, 2002

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. KJV

Upvote 0
B

buffy28

:prayer: I was saved as a young child (9) and throughout my life I have had doubts. Last summer this doubt came in and hasn't left. I attend church regularly and have prayed over and over about it. I don't know if it is OCD and medically related or something else. I have been in turmoil about this for a year now and it is driving me crazy. I know once saved always saved, but i was so young when I accepted Christ, could I have not gotten saved and just thought I did? I need some answers. I have prayed the sinners prayer over and over, hoping to feel something different in order to be certain, but nothing changes. I want to grow as a christian but for some reason feel totally clueless and lost.

Please help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gm4all

Jun 27, 2007
✟15,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0

xThirst4Godx

The LORD is God, the LORD is One!--Deut 6:4-6
Aug 8, 2007
CT, in the U.S. of A.
✟8,037.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
remember, God is more than willing to be savior. He wants to deliver us from sin and oppression, both physical and spiritual. But He also wants to be LORD! One accepts his forgiveness and grace but forgets too easily that he is also to be KING! he doesnt want us to change or to give him offerings and sacrifices, he wants us to Be a Sacrifice, to Die to ourselves, sin, and the world so that people will see Him in us and not us ourselves. Remember, Christ promised deliverance, not a cake-walk faith. I am not one of those hell-fire pastors or "sinners in the hands of an angry God" teachers, but too many people forget that God is our LORD and Savior. Don't just give him your sin- let him do what he wants with it! We say we trust Him but we always try to give him advice on what to do in our lives. STOP! let go and let God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
buffy28 said:
Anyone else out there that has gone through this too????

:prayer: I was saved as a young child (9) and throughout my life I have had doubts. Last summer this doubt came in and hasn't left. I attend church regularly and have prayed over and over about it. I don't know if it is OCD and medically related or something else. I have been in turmoil about this for a year now and it is driving me crazy. I know once saved always saved, but i was so young when I accepted Christ, could I have not gotten saved and just thought I did? I need some answers. I have prayed the sinners prayer over and over, hoping to feel something different in order to be certain, but nothing changes. I want to grow as a christian but for some reason feel totally clueless and lost.

Please help!

If you meant what you said when you prayed and ask Jesus to forgive your sins and be your Savior and Lord then you are a Christian. Satan loves to plant doubts in our minds.
I would encourage you to get in a good Bible believing/teaching church. Get in Scripture everyday and read and study. Have a daily prayer life also is important in a Christian's life. Find Godly local mentors who can help you in your walk with Christ. :)

Razorcardz01 said:
My mother had me baptized as a baby, but I don't see God as my only way of life.

I have a feeling she wants me to be baptized again...

Baptists doesn't believe that Scripture says to baptize babies. Baptism is an outward showing of what happened inside a person when they realize they are a sinner in need of a Savior and ask Jesus Christ to be their Savior and Lord. If a person hasn't personally done that, then what they are doing is just getting *wet* and not truly baptized. You're getting the cart before the horse.
If there hasn't been a time in your life that you saw yourself as a sinner and ask Jesus for forgiveness and ask him to be your Savior and Lord, I encourage you to do that. :)

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk more. :)

Upvote 0

forgivenWretch

Veteran
Jan 25, 2008
Tennessee
✟9,246.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Baptists doesn't believe that Scripture says to baptize babies. That is quite right as the scripture does not tell us to baptize babies. Baptism is an outward showing of what happened inside a person when they realize they are a sinner in need of a Savior and ask Jesus Christ to be their Savior and Lord. Baptism is a person showing to the world [that after salvation] he is not ashamed of their being born again, one cannot be baptized until after salvation. Reading of God's Word will show this to be so. If a person hasn't personally done that, then what they are doing is just getting *wet* and not truly baptized. You're getting the cart before the horse. No thank you I am not and neither did God.
If there hasn't been a time in your life that you saw yourself as a sinner and ask Jesus for forgiveness and ask him to be your Savior and Lord, I encourage you to do that. :)
and most assuredly I ask the same for you. But just so you fully understand...I was born-again, then baptized. I was born a sinner....was re-born by God's grace, and as we all, I remain a sinner. Simply being baptized or having holy water splashed on you does not lead to salvation. If any one calls them self saved by baptism only then it might be a good thing to stay in the water to quench the flames. No where in God's Word does it say that baptism is salvation...nowhere.

Upvote 0

forgivenWretch

Veteran
Jan 25, 2008
Tennessee
✟9,246.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp#vii

VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper
Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.

baptism is an outward showing that after salvation has occurred that one telling the world of their great gift

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.