Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You know it just dawned on me that a lot of people come into this forum who are seekers and of course cannot post here. I am sure that you have found the discussions very interesting.

But there is something much more important that we need to talk about with you. Do you know Jesus? Is he your Lord and your savior? All these discussions will mean nothing if he is not.

My guess is that you are lost and hurt and that you want God but simply do not know how to find him or what to do to be saved. I want you to read the following. And if you need someone to talk to pm me or hey if you don't like me then just about anyone here. I promise they will talk to you about Jesus and what he means to them, and most importantly what he means to you.

Blessings

Pastor George

Unless a man is Born Again he cannot see the Kingdom of God John3:3 If you are not saved by becoming a follower of Jesus you will never get to heaven.

If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15

Doesn't spending eternity in heaven with out want and basked in the love and grace of the Lord sound like a much better deal? Of course it does! Best of all your salvation is a free gift paid for in full by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Don't be fooled there is only one way to get to heaven that is through Jesus. You may try to decieve yourself thinking that you are somehow very good and very rightous but you are wrong! The bible tells us that there is not one among us that is good enough on our own to be worthy of the kingdom of heaven.

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

You may be wondering:
"What can I do? How can I be saved? I don't want to burn in hell and I do want to go to heaven. How can I be saved?"
Well nothing could be easier you see Jesus really does love YOU! He desires to give you a joyful life here on earth, and wants you to join him in heaven. Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out. Acts 3:19

Becoming a follower of Jesus

To become a follower of Jesus, you must turn away from the way you have been going. You must admit, "...you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world..." Ephesians 2:1-2

This turning from your old way also means turning toward God to follow and serve Jesus who said: "The man who loves his life will loose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me" John 12:25-26

Here is what you must do to become a follower of Jesus
  1. Admit to God that you are captive to sin and have not followed his path for right living.
  2. Believe that the creator of the world loves you and sent his son, Jesus to take the penelty for your sin.
  3. Confess, "'Jesus is Lord.' Believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. Then you will be saved." Romans 10:9
Then you can tell Jesus you will now follow him with this prayer:

Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again so I can have new life. I want to turn from my sin, I want to serve and follow you. Help me now to love you with all my heart and soul and mind. Amen.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

The Creator wants you to have the fullest life possible. Here are some important steps for you to take on this new path as a follower of Jesus:

• Read Gods word every day.

The Bible is the food which provides spiritual nourishment for our daily walk with Jesus. There is enough here for a lifetime of learning and growing.
  • Pray and talk to God regularly.

Prayer is your lifeline to God. Remember you are not alone with the burdens and problems you may have. Pour your heart out to God. He delights in listening to you. The Creator can do far more than we could ever ask or imagine.
  • Share and tell others about Jesus.

You are a messenger for Jesus wherever you go. Jesus came to bring life to people everywhere. You can help them learn how to find hope in Jesus.
  • Meet with other followers of Jesus for prayer, Bible study and worship.

Find a gathering of Jesus followers near you and join them. God did not intend for us to be alone in our walk with him.
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus. Philippians 1:6

:amen:

God wants us all to know him & be reconciled to him.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. I John 5:13
A8150E-md.jpg

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Assurance of Salvation!!!

Once you have trusted the Lord as your Saviour, you are saved forever and ever. Don't let man convince you that you must contine to work for your salvation. The Gospel is clear, Christ did all the work for you.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Public profession
Stand up for Jesus. Make a public profession of your faith so someone!

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Don't be ashamed.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

You might be someone who has NEVER been shown from the bible how to be saved. Here on this thread we are showing you from the bible, how to be saved. If no one has ever shown you from the bible how to be saved, it is all on this thread. Many who are reading might have trusted in a prayer, and never actually seen or heard the scriptures. Trust in HIM, Jesus, not the prayer. Do not put this off. The wages of sin is death, and hell my friend, and no one from this board wants you in hell. We want to see you in heaven someday.

If you have trusted Christ as your saviour by reading this thread, reply saying that you have. You can PM any of us for questions and follow up.
May the Lord God of heaven bless you
GEL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is my Lord, Savior, Best Friend. He has made me a new creature. He has been there through the good times and the bad times. I love Him and praise Him. I am nothing without Him.

Jesus is..."the Way, the Truth and the Life" No one comes to the Father but through Him.

Blessed be His Holy Name.

Reactions: jenptcfan
Upvote 0

Wheezy21

Apr 2, 2005
Gillham, Arkansas
✟112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is all real nice, now to get that into the world. Only one thing that I like to mention about repentance that is often left out. They must have a Godly sorrow for thier sin and not just a worldly sorrow as if caught in their sin but noticing that their sins has a very high price to pay and where it will lead you to for each and every sin, even individual sins and not just looking at them as a whole. But having a sorrow that you offended God and that He that loves you so much would have to judge you to an eternal punishment in Hell for rejecting him and not turning to Jesus for your sins. This is found in 2 Corinthians 7:9-13 but if I was you, i'd read from the beginning of the chapter on. Hope this helps in witnessing for ya

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Wheezy21 said:
That is all real nice, now to get that into the world. Only one thing that I like to mention about repentance that is often left out. They must have a Godly sorrow for thier sin and not just a worldly sorrow as if caught in their sin but noticing that their sins has a very high price to pay and where it will lead you to for each and every sin, even individual sins and not just looking at them as a whole. But having a sorrow that you offended God and that He that loves you so much would have to judge you to an eternal punishment in Hell for rejecting him and not turning to Jesus for your sins. This is found in 2 Corinthians 7:9-13 but if I was you, i'd read from the beginning of the chapter on. Hope this helps in witnessing for ya

I think that at least initially, God meets everyone where they are. Whatever faith we can give him is all it takes to start a relationship with him. Yes, repentence is necessary, and I think everyone who really comes to Christ is sorrowful for their sins, but having to repent of every sin they've ever committed first...I don't know if that is Biblical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

runner_for_jc

Mar 28, 2005
Virginia
✟821.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ive been a christian even since i walked up to the alter when i was ten years old. It was my Bible School. I remember after I came then a lot of other boys and girls came to the alter to become a christian. I believe you are saved through Jesus Christ alone! AND THATS IT!!!
Jordan Gibson*24

Upvote 0

onfire4jesus2

Apr 11, 2005
✟118.00
Faith
Baptist
The bible says, those who called upon the name of Lord, shall be saved. I am a born-again believer. A lover of Christ Jesus, who is everything to me. Jesus reigns!!!! Jesus reigns!!!! Jesus reigns!!!! Jesus reigns!!!! Jesus reigns!!!!
Blessings to my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus!!!!
:bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.