Do you hope that the endtimes are near?

Do you hope that the endtimes are near?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Brian45
Pastor NB , your right about the comma , I have known about that for some time , and I believe it is one of the reasons why people believe we go to heaven when we die yet the bible states otherwise , I believe we await a resurrection .
Hi Brian 45,
another verse comes to mind in Rev. 20:5-6 that seems confusing with verse numbers & a period as seen in the text as they are, perhaps? I will print it out from the King James & then will give a different thought by just doing what 'non/inspiration' yet Christian men, like oneself, has done in preparing us the layout of the Word from the past.

Rev. 20:5 says, "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

verse 6 says, Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, ..."

Now lets try it this way with all of the Words, but changing the verse number & a period?

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (verse 6 put here would tell the rest of the Truth, here is what follows) *verse 6. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurection: on such the second death hat no power, ..."

The graph at the thread start show's two thoughts possibly? And the final verse is from John 5:28-29 which might give us a hint as to our spiritual condition as of today? (read the news) I will insert two numbers for emphasis. :) No. 1 & a No. 2.

Verse 28. "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the grave shall hear His voice. (both saved & the lost at the same time?)

Verse 29. And shall come forth; (yet, Rev. stated that it is not at the same time, but 1000 yrs. apart) they that have done good unto the (1) RESURRECTION OF LIFE; and they that have done evil, unto (2) the RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION." ---P/N/B/

PS: Zorobabel,
The translation is not my point. It was the [accidential or even the believed] coma's, or periods & even a verse number placed out of place, one that changes the meaning, this I was questioning. Personnaly I prefer the King James.

Upvote 0

ArtistEd

Apr 19, 2002
SoCal
✟891.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Pastor N.B.
Hi,

OK: Case in point.

At the bottom of your post you give a verse.
"I promise you that today you will be with me in paradise".
Now notice the verse in the King James version?

Luke 23:43 says:
"... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paridise."
But take note that Jesus [did not] go directly to Heaven or Paridise!

Notice THE LAST DAY INCREASED KNOWLEDGE in John 20 where it was the day after the Sabbath or three days since His death & he appears to Mary.
And this is what He says in part, "...Touch me NOT; for [I AM NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER], .." So surely the Repentant thief's promised verse needs to correspond with our Master??

So, lets USE [LAST DAY] KNOWLEDGE for this?? Notice the COMMA here! Don't FORGET TO TAKE A PAUSE AT THE COMMA! (smile)

"... Verily I say unto thee today, (<---) shalt thou be with me in paradise."

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=paradise&section=8&version=str&new=1&oq=paradise

Here is where all the translations agree, the comma is before today. 

If the comma was after today, as you suggest, then what's the point of even saying "today"?  Of course He was speaking to him "today", what other day would you speak to someone?  Rather, notice He didn't say Heaven, but Paradise, which was the place the righteous went before the Resurrection.  Notice they all died before sundown that very day.  The custom was to break the legs in order to facilitate their death, but that Jesus was already dead when they came to Him.

Ed

Upvote 0
Friend: Christ did not go to paradise that day. So either ALL OF THESE commentaries are wrong, or they make Christ wrong. (for the lack of a straighter word) I suggest that it is the former, whose wisdom is foolishness with God!

You need to study for yourself. Most of the world's professed Christians have a 'bunch' of commentary error, while most all are in agreement with it!
It is not genuine past mistakes that condems us, it is us who know to do good and do it not. FALSE DOCTRINE is my implication.

In the Master's quickly finished work of 1 Peter 4:17----P/N/B/

Originally posted by ArtistEd
http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=paradise&section=8&version=str&new=1&oq=paradise

Here is where all the translations agree, the comma is before today. 

If the comma was after today, as you suggest, then what's the point of even saying "today"?  Of course He was speaking to him "today", what other day would you speak to someone?  Rather, notice He didn't say Heaven, but Paradise, which was the place the righteous went before the Resurrection.  Notice they all died before sundown that very day.  The custom was to break the legs in order to facilitate their death, but that Jesus was already dead when they came to Him.

Ed

Upvote 0

ArtistEd

Apr 19, 2002
SoCal
✟891.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Pastor N.B.
Friend: Christ did not go to paradise that day. So either ALL OF THESE commentaries are wrong, or they make Christ wrong. (for the lack of a straighter word) I suggest that it is the former, whose wisdom is foolishness with God!

You need to study for yourself. Most of the world's professed Christians have a 'bunch' of commentary error, while most all are in agreement with it!
It is not genuine past mistakes that condems us, it is us who know to do good and do it not. FALSE DOCTRINE is my implication.

In the Master's quickly finished work of 1 Peter 4:17----P/N/B/

Well Sir,

If you can't believe any of the Bible translations in English that are available, then where do you get your information from?  And if we can't believe that all the hundreds of Greek and Hebrew scholars out there who translated the various versions of the Bible into English are accurate, especially when they "all" agree on the translation, then we might as well toss the whole lot into the dump.  

Perhaps,  you should consider trashing your collection of Ellen White comentaries instead.

Ed

Upvote 0

Well Sir,

P/N/B/ here:
Perhaps you best take a deep breath & remember that you are a Christian?

Personally, I need NO commentaries. They are reams & reams of conterdictions of each others denominations. Our commision is seen by converted ones in Matt. 4:4.

And for just another thought, why not hold that breath for a long long while & go to paridise? (no pun or sacasm intended) Perhaps this subject of death is where you need to start to find where the comas go? What was the devils first lie, do you know??

Surely you can use scripture to attack me, instead of YOUR STUFF? (or others)

Now, if you are sorry for your loving kindness, I will make it short & simple?

Check ALL OF YOUR 'un/inspired' mens writtings & see who they say added to the Master's Word, Chapter Headings! Chapter numbers! Periods & comas! ----P/N/B/

If you can't believe any of the Bible translations in English that are available, then where do you get your information from?  And if we can't believe that all the hundreds of Greek and Hebrew scholars out there who translated the various versions of the Bible into English are accurate, especially when they "all" agree on the translation, then we might as well toss the whole lot into the dump.  

Perhaps,  you should consider trashing your collection of Ellen White comentaries instead.

Ed

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Ed

Yeah, I would have to agree. It's not good to be a follower, especially when your leader is blind. Put down opinions of others and draw near to God. Seek and you shall find. Let the Spirit of truth guide you into all truth. We know that God's word is true.

Do we know Ellen White's commentaries are true?? I sure would not trust them. Why lean on someone elses opinion when you can go to the Lord yourself?? Don't people know that they can be misled?? Didn't Jesus say do not let anyone deceive you?? Hmmmmmm??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
End times, shmend times...whatever happens will happen, whether we, our loved ones, or strangers are ready or willing for it to happen. But as christians, it seems kinda selfish for us to want the world to come to an end so soon, since so many are still lost. Even Paul was tormented by the urge to go home to God, but he knew that his time on earth would benefit God more. No easy answer, but that's ok, most questions with easy answers aren't worth asking.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Homie
Both my parents fear and do not like the idea of the world coming to an end, but me, I can't wait! How do YOU feel?

ummm... does my sig answer that for ya???

End of this world system ushered in by the millennial reign of Christ, with a big thumbs up and a how do ya do, thank you. Do I hear an AMEN!?!

Peace

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Homie
A generation is when a woman gives birth to a child, then this child grows up and gives birth to another child, this will be the second generation, and so this child grows up and....so forth.

That is the very definition of a generation. In earlier times, it was common to have children when you were 14-16 years old, so every say 15 years would be a generation. Now in the west we get babies when we are 22-25 (average) so lets just say that 20 years is the overall average of a generation. 1000 (generations) * 20 (average generation) = 20 000 years - 6000 that have past leaves 14 000 years to the 2nd coming. Of course I don't believe this, I don't think that those passages posted by LastDazed necessarily point to a 2nd coming, or that they are even meant to be taken literally. When we say 1000 [something] we usually mean "a lot", not specifically 1000 [something]. We won't know when the 2nd coming will be.

Well obviously this can’t be right then and must be governed by some other form of measurement of which I wont get into at this point. Peter did give us direction concerning this though. Many were saying, “Where is he? Why has he not come back yet?” But Peter said that it’s God’s business as to when these things will take place and he will not be even one day late concerning the appointed time (my paraphrase).

(2nd Peter 3:8-14) 8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
 9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?  13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Peace

Upvote 0
Originally posted by l33tace
Well obviously this can’t be right then and must be governed by some other form of measurement of which I wont get into at this point.

Peace

I wish you would get into it.

If God ordained mankind to last 1000 generations, and a biblical generation is 40 years, and I employ the very same literal interpratation of 1000 used to support a literal "1000 year reign", why is it not correct to conclude Mankind was ordained by God to last 40,000 years on earth, 6000 of which are behind us?

Please show us this "other form of measurement" you spoke of that makes "1000 years" literal but "1000 generations" symbolic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

girlscoutdropout

scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sometimes i am ready and sometimes i'm not. there are days days were i'm definitely ready for God to come and get me,.. there are times i'm tired of the struggle, and i just want to be with him. however, (i know this is going to sound selfish) i really want to get married and experience child birth before it happens. i think it's such a blessing that God gave us, and i've always wanted to be a mommy. i'm beginning to think that it's never going to happen. another thing is that i need more time to turn some of my family and friends towards God. i know that some of them have hearts so hardened that they might not, but i still need to try.

Upvote 0

Steffie

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟129.00
Faith
Christian
As to the statement of "we should not be pining for the Lord's return", Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

I would love for the Lord to come, but I know it is His will and not ours on His timing of His coming.

Steffie

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by natchraly
End times, shmend times...whatever happens will happen, whether we, our loved ones, or strangers are ready or willing for it to happen. But as christians, it seems kinda selfish for us to want the world to come to an end so soon, since so many are still lost. Even Paul was tormented by the urge to go home to God, but he knew that his time on earth would benefit God more. No easy answer, but that's ok, most questions with easy answers aren't worth asking.

I appreciate what you're saying here, but saying that humanity should last much longer so more would be saved, while noble in idea, is actually bad.  Reason being, narrow is the path, therefor the longer this goes on the possibility that many times more will be lost. 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.