Not open for further replies.

4jc

Sep 9, 2002
Vancouver, Canada
Visit site
✟854.00
Faith
Christian
The world will come to an end, but does it really matter when? Not really. It shouldn't matter when it will happen(in the christian view anways).
I am ready for Christ to come and get me. I hope more people will be ready too.
Let's all reach out to them and share the gospel of Christ. Everyone must have a chance to hear the gospel before Christ comes back, so hang on for now and enjoy the ride, cause the ride with Christ will be much more fun(for eternity).

Upvote 0
I am hoping for CHRIST'S soon return also, HIS kingdom will be great, but what I really can't wait to see is what comes after the 1000 year kingdom is up. That will be the perfect eternal state GOD has promised were death is defeated, and there is no more sorrow. So yes I hope the prophecies of the return of CHRIST are about to happen. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by XangelX
Yeah, I agree that the world needs more time. I really hope it's not soon... unless my boyfriend becomes a Christian or something.

:D

Upvote 0

Zorobabel

Gardener King
Nov 2, 2002
Lawrence, KS, USA
Visit site
✟357.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, I do hope the end is soon. I'm not really one of those people that are convinced that the end is soon, but reading Revalation can really get your blood pumping. The idea of the Abyss being opened, evil reigning on Earth for a short while, and then Yeshua coming and creating His Kingdom on Earth is just astounding.

Upvote 0
We have more time left than you'd think!

The Bible teaches that there are to be "1000 generations" of man coming and going before the end.

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

1 Chronicles 16:15
Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

Psalms 105:8
He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations

The Bible teaches that a "Generation" Lasts about 41 Years:

Matt 1:17
"So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; (575 years) and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations;(575 years) and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."(575 years)

41years (a biblical "generation") X 1000 = 41,000 years of Human History ordained, only 6000 of which are behind us.

God is longsuffering indeed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Homie

Gods servant
Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
✟15,878.00
Faith
Christian
A generation is when a woman gives birth to a child, then this child grows up and gives birth to another child, this will be the second generation, and so this child grows up and....so forth.

That is the very definition of a generation. In earlier times, it was common to have children when you were 14-16 years old, so every say 15 years would be a generation. Now in the west we get babies when we are 22-25 (average) so lets just say that 20 years is the overall average of a generation. 1000 (generations) * 20 (average generation) = 20 000 years - 6000 that have past leaves 14 000 years to the 2nd coming. Of course I don't believe this, I don't think that those passages posted by LastDazed necessarily point to a 2nd coming, or that they are even meant to be taken literally. When we say 1000 [something] we usually mean "a lot", not specifically 1000 [something]. We won't know when the 2nd coming will be.

Upvote 0

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
eh force...

I used to think that verse was about Israel becoming a nation, but take a look at the parallel passage in Luke again...the fig tree in that quote being a symbol for Israel is kinda thrown out with how Luke says "any tree" or "all the tree's"...Jesus seems to be using an analogy...not making a connection with Israel...with the fig tree or "all the tree's"...

Homie, I think you're right...the literalness of 1000 is probably not meant...BUT like you say, it is used to point out a VERY LONG time...and I believe every time it's used in the Bible it is actually vastly beyond the literal # 1000.... and that could mean lastdazed may have actually underestimated...

Upvote 0
The Gospel is like looking on a 'Christian' Christmas tree. (dark until plugged in) Think of the 'few' bulbs scattered over the whole tree. (the world) The last watering of the earth with the Holy Spirit turns the lights on! (That is us, hopefully?) See James 5:7!

And it was Christ who said: "And this gospel of the kingdom [shall be] preached in [all the world] for a wittness unto [all nations]; and [THEN SHALL THE END COME]." (there will be NO MORE time after that!)

Time will not go past this Truth spoken by the Master! Notice another truth spoken by Him. Matt. 10:23 finds Christ here on earth! It was He speaking! Notice in the verse that He says:

"But when [they] (who?) persecute you in this city, flee ye unto another: for verily [I say] unto you, Ye [shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come]".

And of course New Israel are all of the professed Saints in the WORLD FIELD! (see Rom. 28-29) So 666 will be the ultimate testing point of Christians. To see if we are genuine believers or not? There will be just TWO sides, both professing Christianity, with the larger number by far trying to legislate by force, for the few Christians to do it their way!

'Just past' that shortened time, earth's history will be just that! HISTORY! ------P/N/B/

PS: How do you think that I voted? YES!! :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Pastor N.B.

And of course New Israel are all of the professed Saints in the WORLD FIELD! (see Rom. 28-29) So 666 will be the ultimate testing point of Christians. To see if we are genuine believers or not? There will be just TWO sides, both professing Christianity, with the larger number by far trying to legislate by force, for the few Christians to do it their way!

You have already been deceived. The church is not "New Israel". To believe this, you must be another preterist??  I would like you to show in the scriptures where the church suddenly became Israel. Oh yeah - Good luck :(

Upvote 0
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
You have already been deceived. The church is not "New Israel". To believe this, you must be another preterist??  I would like you to show in the scriptures where the church suddenly became Israel. Oh yeah - Good luck :(

Who says that I have already been deceived, 'y'ou?? And who are you? :confused:

Look buster Christian, (?) did you read the INSPIRED VERSE that was in the post? It is not me that USES NO SCRIPTURE, but it is your 'inspiration' that is seen in your missive! It is in your corner to come up with some spiritual facts, not me.
'oh yeah-Good luck' you say??? What in the world kind of TRUTH is that? So far, it is a copout!! :cry: :sleep:

And Preterest now, huh, you say??? :scratch: Now, what are you trying to say? Is this just some more of your 'c'hristian love? With Still, NO INSPIRATION. Try 2 Cor. 4:2 [forum]?

By, by, 'rollin THUNDER.' [???????] Forum: I have run into this stuff all through my Christian Faith, this is the kind of thing that 'MATURES MY TRUST IN MY MASTER, JESUS CHRIST! See Matt. 10:25 & verses 34-39! And ALL OF THIS IS FROM THE INSIDE of His OWN.-----P.N.B.

PS: And yes, I will surely be happy to have Jesus come & put an end to your foolishness! [AS 'HE' SAYS, IN THE ALL SLEEPING FOOLISH VIRGINS] of Matt. 25.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Pastor N.B.

Who says that I have already been deceived, 'y'ou?? And who are you? :confused:

Look buster Christian, (?) did you read the INSPIRED VERSE that was in the post? It is not me that USES NO SCRIPTURE, but it is your 'inspiration' that is seen in your missive! It is in your corner to come up with some spiritual facts, not me.
'oh yeah-Good luck' you say??? What in the world kind of TRUTH is that? So far, it is a copout!! :cry: :sleep:

And Preterest now, huh, you say??? :scratch: Now, what are you trying to say? Is this just some more of your 'c'hristian love? With Still, NO INSPIRATION. Try 2 Cor. 4:2 [forum]?

By, by, 'rollin THUNDER.' [???????] Forum: I have run into this stuff all through my Christian Faith, this is the kind of thing that 'MATURES MY TRUST IN MY MASTER, JESUS CHRIST! See Matt. 10:25 & verses 34-39! And ALL OF THIS IS FROM THE INSIDE of His OWN.-----P.N.B.

PS: And yes, I will surely be happy to have Jesus come & put an end to your foolishness! [AS 'HE' SAYS, IN THE ALL SLEEPING FOOLISH VIRGINS] of Matt. 25.

Just as I thought, No scriptural proof or evidence. There is therefore no need to waste my time with your beliefs, but I hope you have a good day just the same. If I may ask though, if you are a real Pastor, may I ask what the name of your church is?? Good day to you Sir!!

Upvote 0

Zorobabel

Gardener King
Nov 2, 2002
Lawrence, KS, USA
Visit site
✟357.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

If you live in a developed nation and the end comes, are you going to be begging and asking God "when did we not clothe you!?" Charity just isn't being taught as much as it should be.

Upvote 0
Hi,
You are absolutely correct in your post! And that is a sign of the LAST DAYS!

What do you make of this? "In the LAST DAYS knowledge SHALL BE INCREASED" Matt. 24.

We think of T.V., computors & on & on, but then we remember that in Hosea 4:6 we are told ... "MY PEOPLE are destroyed for lack of KNOWLEDGE, (notice!) because thou hast [REJECTED KNOWLEDGE I WILL REJECT THEE]". WOW!! Now add these two together & what do we have?

Remember the THREAD is "Do you hope that the end times are here?"
Think of KNOWLEDGE BEING REJECTED???

If we do live in the LAST DAYS, then we are going to have increased knowledge?! And what happenes IF we REJECT IT???

We also know that years ago the saved saints wrote the Master's Word in our various language with their known day knowledge. They did a wonderful job as far as I am concerned. But they were still human. They gave us what is called the New & Old Testament, [they] added the periods, chapter numbers, & the others. And of course the COMMA'S. This last one is what I want to question. (not any saints motive, just their possible mistake) There are several places that change the concept of the meaning all together by the placing of the comma's. And again, it still is God's Word, yet [uninspired] man did the seperating of it by there additions.

OK: Case in point.

At the bottom of your post you give a verse.
"I promise you that today you will be with me in paradise".
Now notice the verse in the King James version?

Luke 23:43 says:
"... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paridise."
But take note that Jesus [did not] go directly to Heaven or Paridise!

Notice THE LAST DAY INCREASED KNOWLEDGE in John 20 where it was the day after the Sabbath or three days since His death & he appears to Mary.
And this is what He says in part, "...Touch me NOT; for [I AM NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER], .." So surely the Repentant thief's promised verse needs to correspond with our Master??

So, lets USE [LAST DAY] KNOWLEDGE for this?? Notice the COMMA here! Don't FORGET TO TAKE A PAUSE AT THE COMMA! (smile)

"... Verily I say unto thee today, (<---) shalt thou be with me in paradise."

And what day was that? Verse 54 ibide. says, "And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on." Did the thief go directly into Paradise that day then? NO.----P/N/B/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.