Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a very good life. I can choose to be depressed about psychiatric problems, or I can choose to be happy, joyful and grateful to the Lord for all he has richly blessed me with. I have talents I want to share with the world to let people know how much God loves them. I have good, loving kind and wise parents who forgive me for my mistakes and wrong doings, we forgive each other and love each other. god has amde a beautiful natural world, I see the world as beautful, but of course there is evil doone by Satan and as a Christian I must use the Word of the Lord to fight evil.

My only problem might be that my life is boring, when that happens I use my strong imagination that the Lord gave me, I come up with stories, try to make them Christian stories, and draw, think of Several creative things to make stuff exciting. The Bible is an excelent book, its stories are exciting, full of good lessons and wisdom.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I have a very good life. I can choose to be depressed about psychiatric problems, or I can choose to be happy, joyful and grateful to the Lord for all he has richly blessed me with. I have talents I want to share with the world to let people know how much God loves them. I have good, loving kind and wise parents who forgive me for my mistakes and wrong doings, we forgive each other and love each other. god has amde a beautiful natural world, I see the world as beautful, but of course there is evil doone by Satan and as a Christian I must use the Word of the Lord to fight evil.

My only problem might be that my life is boring, when that happens I use my strong imagination that the Lord gave me, I come up with stories, try to make them Christian stories, and draw, think of Several creative things to make stuff exciting. The Bible is an excelent book, its stories are exciting, full of good lessons and wisdom.

Thanks so much Agape for sharing your spiritual journey with us and your grateful focus on life helps me to keep it real. What is your favorite Bible story? I love the story of Joseph.

Upvote 0

luba

May 29, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
✟9,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and very, very Grateful to God for my life and for those who have been in my life for a time and moved on, and those in my life now. It's an adventure everyday and I can hardly wait to get up in the morning and see what will transpire, how much love I can give, how much laughter there is to share, how much help there is to give and receive with gratitude, and the joy of saying a kind word or share a smile/laugh.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a very good life. I can choose to be depressed about psychiatric problems, or I can choose to be happy, joyful and grateful to the Lord for all he has richly blessed me with.

Many people do not have easy circumstances. You also cannot "choose to be depressed about psychiatric problems". These diseases cause fatigue and temporarily restrict ones ability to think positive regardless of circumstances.

Major depression is a very painful disease and often cannot be treated properly. It often feels as though your soul is dead and you think about horrible things at all times.

I had an unusually severe case of depression for 7 years. If I had to choose between getting cancer right now or going back to that depression, I'd choose cancer without hesitation.

Since this is the 'positive news' thread I'll report that the symptoms are gone. I'm not a cheery person by any means but at least I have my abilities back.

Upvote 0

geneseib

Aug 17, 2004
Bethalto, IL
Visit site
✟8,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I often read on these forums and also words from friends and family about how certain events or occurences in their daily lives are going bad for them. Isn't Christianity about helping us to forge ahead in joy and gratitude for our many blessings?!

As for me, I am blessed beyond words. Living as a human mortal on God's little blue planet is something special that won't happen throughout the rest of eternity.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a good life?

Not me. In fact, my life has been worse than hell.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am an abortion survivor. My mother was deliberately poisoned with the intent of forcing an abortion on me. For years she thought that I had caused her illness and took out her frustrations on my by abusing me throughout my childhood. Years later I was to learn that she had been in one of Margaret Sanger's abortion clinics and was told that she was receiving "free" medical care (it's a long subject so I won't be more specific about that). About a year before my mother died I told that if I had children (I never married) and abused them half as badly as she abused me I'd be in jail for attempted murder.

I grew up poor, sickly, was bullied in school, suffered from numerous illnesses, am partly learning disabled, had a terrible case of acne, did not date as a teen, was generally unpopular (except when it came to needing help with challenging homework assignments), been unemployed for long periods of time, have been mugged, shot at, had people try to run me over with their cars, been passed up for promotions in favor of people that I trained, have always been stuck in low paid and unfulfilling jobs (despite having 2 college degrees), remain very sickly and unemployed, and have had one rather stinky life.

The Bible says a man can have nothing unless God gives it to him. Therefore, if I did not have a good life is because God has chosen to give all I've asked of him to someone else. Mind you, I have save people's lives (one such incident being at considerable risk to my own life), have saved people tens of thousands of dollars (I worked in the tax field for some years), have worked for peace and against abortion, and have done everything in my power to live the type of life mandated in the Bible - all to no avail. Thus, I did not have a good life at all but a terrible one. Cannot understand why God hates me as much as he does. All I know is that his hatred is very real and something I can do nothing about.

Upvote 0
J

Jollybear123

I often read on these forums and also words from friends and family about how certain events or occurences in their daily lives are going bad for them. Isn't Christianity about helping us to forge ahead in joy and gratitude for our many blessings?

So my question to CF: Is your life GOOD in general? I can think about the many blessings in my life and my relationship with God and Christ. It's not about such things as having an awesome career, or material stuff, etc. I recogize that in this stage of my life that God truly is my source for all. I think the key is to be ever-grateful for even the smallest good that may come my way. I can look back over my life and now see where God has had his hand on me and helped me through difficult, and seemingly "impossible" situations in the past. I can now see that God was trying to get my attention and bring me closer to Him. So yes, life is GOOD!

You know that song "count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done". Sometimes singing that is NOT GOOD to do. It tampers with honesty. And God wants us to be honest with him. If anything, if a person was singing that, but that song was not in their heart, THAT WOULD BE RELIGIOUS. Look at ruth 1:20 "Don’t call me Naomi,” she told them. “Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter." And she was not religious, she was a godly women.

Sorry, i just sometimes have to add another peace of the puzzle to a topic.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Honest truth, I feel for you and the horrors you have endured in your life. Please know that there are people in the world that will listen, help, and care for you. Please keep writing about such things and I think you will come up with your own answers. I am writing my autobiography. It is mainly for my own therapy. I find that it is giving me insights and answers about many puzzlements in my life. If we could all take any honest, unfiltered evaluation of our lives and write about it with sincerity and love for ourselves, we can move out of those ruts that hold us in to the bondage of slavery and hell. Praying for you....

Upvote 0
J

Jollybear123

Do you have a good life?

Not me. In fact, my life has been worse than hell.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am an abortion survivor. My mother was deliberately poisoned with the intent of forcing an abortion on me. For years she thought that I had caused her illness and took out her frustrations on my by abusing me throughout my childhood. Years later I was to learn that she had been in one of Margaret Sanger's abortion clinics and was told that she was receiving "free" medical care (it's a long subject so I won't be more specific about that). About a year before my mother died I told that if I had children (I never married) and abused them half as badly as she abused me I'd be in jail for attempted murder.

I grew up poor, sickly, was bullied in school, suffered from numerous illnesses, am partly learning disabled, had a terrible case of acne, did not date as a teen, was generally unpopular (except when it came to needing help with challenging homework assignments), been unemployed for long periods of time, have been mugged, shot at, had people try to run me over with their cars, been passed up for promotions in favor of people that I trained, have always been stuck in low paid and unfulfilling jobs (despite having 2 college degrees), remain very sickly and unemployed, and have had one rather stinky life.

The Bible says a man can have nothing unless God gives it to him. Therefore, if I did not have a good life is because God has chosen to give all I've asked of him to someone else. Mind you, I have save people's lives (one such incident being at considerable risk to my own life), have saved people tens of thousands of dollars (I worked in the tax field for some years), have worked for peace and against abortion, and have done everything in my power to live the type of life mandated in the Bible - all to no avail. Thus, I did not have a good life at all but a terrible one. Cannot understand why God hates me as much as he does. All I know is that his hatred is very real and something I can do nothing about.

You said God hates you. May I ask why he hates you?

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said God hates you. May I ask why he hates you?

Jolly - that's precisely my question. The Bible shows that God confers love through grace and bounty. He also shows hate through torment and unanswered prayer. Therefore his attitude towards me is hate and cannot possibly be love.

--------------

Praying for you....

Thanks Living. I wish there was a church somewhere in which people put into practice the many promises made in the New Testament. Since "a man can have nothing unless God gives it to him" being on one's own in the face of such endless torment makes for a rather hopeless situation. After all, I'm not getting any younger.

The Bible says to ask God secretly and he will bless you openly. I have asked but have not received anything. Therefore, I call him out and ask openly in the hope that he will finally be stimulated to back up his infinite promises with actions. After 60+ years he still won't budge. But maybe someone else's prayers will work for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jollybear123

Jolly - that's precisely my question. The Bible shows that God confers love through grace and bounty. He also shows hate through torment and unanswered prayer. Therefore his attitude towards me is hate and cannot possibly be love.

--------------

Thanks Living. I wish there was a church somewhere in which people put into practice the many promises made in the New Testament. Since "a man can have nothing unless God gives it to him" being on one's own in the face of such endless torment makes for a rather hopeless situation. After all, I'm not getting any younger.

The Bible says to ask God secretly and he will bless you openly. I have asked but have not received anything. Therefore, I call him out and ask openly in the hope that he will finally be stimulated to back up his infinite promises with actions. After 60+ years he still won't budge. But maybe someone else's prayers will work for me.

Well....If God hates you, i don't want him to hate you, i want him to love you.

So i got some questions.

First one is, how do you know he hates you? And this is just not him imposing many challenges to make you grow stronger?

Second, if he really does hate you, what is your speculation or theory for WHY he may hate you?

Also i feel like praying for you too. So, Lord, please don't hate "honestruth" he seams like a cool and nice person, remember Lord that even those you love, even they are not perfect, but you still love them, so why not love honestruth too? What could he have done that is any worse then anyone else has done who you love? And if you hate him for no reason, then, lord, you mise well hate me too, because i'm not better then he is.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Whichever Christian told you that is a dirty liar! That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the Gospel teaches!

Your suffering ACTUALLY means that God is preparing to bless you far beyond what most of the "happy" people in the world will ever know for all eternity. The apostle Paul makes this abundantly clear.

Your mother, on the other hand, will be incinerated. It will be like she never existed. Sad but she made her choice. Unless she repented at the last moment.

50% of this country will pay a very dear price for the evil they have brought upon children. God will not bless this nation much longer.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Soothfish,

That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the Gospel teaches!

Matt 19:29, Mark 10:30, and Luke 18:30 all refer to a one hundred fold reward in the here and now - not just in the "prepared" future. Among those rewards are "lands" {from the Greek word "agros" or G68 as shown in blueletterbible which means material reward as wealth was measured in land ownership in those days}. Thus, suffering is only good when it is rewarded. I have yet to receive any such reward and I'm in my 60s still recovering from yet another bout with pneumonia.

As for my late mother, she largely repented in her old age so her fate is to be determined by sources beyond our control.

Upvote 0

Vladyslaus Kyivarius

Sep 15, 2013
✟9,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My life is average but yes, even that is posiible because of the God's will and that is what for I should be grateful... I and yes, even so it is really great to know that there is really someone who really cares of me that much... So I really appreciate that...

...And I want to serve as much as I can so to repay that.

God bless...

And thank you for this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

baileygirl3

Jul 16, 2013
✟15,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love my life. Of course I have ups and downs, but who doesn't? I have an awesome husband how Thanks to the One above, has a great job, we have 3 kids that we have in Christian school, they make above average grades and I get to stay home to raise them. I am content and thank God everyday for this. Our God is Great and my Protector! Oh also thankful for my health and families well being.

Upvote 0