How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I often read on these forums and also words from friends and family about how certain events or occurences in their daily lives are going bad for them. Isn't Christianity about helping us to forge ahead in joy and gratitude for our many blessings?

So my question to CF: Is your life GOOD in general? I can think about the many blessings in my life and my relationship with God and Christ. It's not about such things as having an awesome career, or material stuff, etc. I recogize that in this stage of my life that God truly is my source for all. I think the key is to be ever-grateful for even the smallest good that may come my way. I can look back over my life and now see where God has had his hand on me and helped me through difficult, and seemingly "impossible" situations in the past. I can now see that God was trying to get my attention and bring me closer to Him. So yes, life is GOOD!

gospeljay

Soldier of the Lord
Aug 7, 2012
Seattle
Visit site
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Outlook on life plays a big role in whether or not it is GOOD or not. Of course there are problems, though everyone has their own type of problems. The only thing we can do is keep moving forward and accept that our life is in God's hands. Any life with health, food and shelter along with a relationship with God is not a GOOD life, it is a GREAT life!

Upvote 0

Schrodinger's Hat

Weird guy
Apr 4, 2012
Christian Forums
✟21,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LITL,I really think your insight into how much God has blessed us is really impressive;I wish all of us could recognize that as well as you do.
To answer your question,I'd say my life is good.It's not exactly a Sunday walk in the park,but I think your life can be good without being easy.I do know,however,that regardless of whether or not my life is easy or happy,God has still blessed me more than I could ever imagine.Unfortunately I don't stop and think about how well God has blessed me as much as I should,though,and I have you to thank for opening my eyes to that.In sum,yes,I'd say I do have a good life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Living in the Light

Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
LITL,I really think your insight into how much God has blessed us is really impressive;I wish all of us could recognize that as well as you do.
To answer your question,I'd say my life is good.It's not exactly a Sunday walk in the park,but I think your life can be good without being easy.I do know,however,that regardless of whether or not my life is easy or happy,God has still blessed me more than I could ever imagine.Unfortunately I don't often stop and think about how well God has blessed me as much as I should,though,and I have you to thank for opening my eyes to that.In sum,yes,I'd say I do have a good life.

Hi Qwerty, and good to talk with you again. Glad you have an appreciation for the Good Life and know that it isn't always about appearances. The picture behind the picture is always my goal. I think there is a problem with CF. I am not receiving notifications on my e-mail. I sent a message to the webmaster but haven't heard anything.

Upvote 0

Schrodinger's Hat

Weird guy
Apr 4, 2012
Christian Forums
✟21,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In reply to your 2nd post,this really isn't a boring topic,and I'm very surprised that it hasn't gotten more replies than it has.What you could do to try to drum up more interest is,you could re-post this thread in the "Persecution" section.Just an idea,don't know if it would work or not.
Anyway,thanks a lot for starting this thread.God bless.:)

Upvote 0

Schrodinger's Hat

Weird guy
Apr 4, 2012
Christian Forums
✟21,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Qwerty, and good to talk with you again. Glad you have an appreciation for the Good Life and know that it isn't always about appearances. The picture behind the picture is always my goal. I think there is a problem with CF. I am not receiving notifications on my e-mail. I sent a message to the webmaster but haven't heard anything.
Nice to talk with you again too,and I couldn't agree more with what you just said.I think I'm not receiving notifications either,so I guess all the CF members might have the same problem.Do you think that maybe the problem with the forum could have kept people from viewing this forum somehow?That would explain why it hasn't gotten more replies,but I guess then we probably wouldn't be able to come here either.:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Living in the Light

Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Nice to talk with you again too,and I couldn't agree more with what you just said.Do you think that maybe the problem with the forum could have kept people from viewing this forum somehow?That would explain why it hasn't gotten more replies,but I guess then we wouldn't be able to come here either.:confused:

I used to get an e-mail notification automatically when I posted on a thread, but in the the past couple of days I've received nothing. If I want to subscribe to a thread I have to do it on Thread Tools. Still not receiving any e-mails, but this is not what this thread is about.

I'm still interested in what works for people's Christianity that leads to a good life.

Upvote 0

Schrodinger's Hat

Weird guy
Apr 4, 2012
Christian Forums
✟21,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There must be something strange going on,because I started a thread about an hour ago over in the General Theology section that still has only 1 view(probably mine).Of course,it could just be because it was a lousy thread,but still only a single view seems almost unbelievable.
I don't know if that's related to your situation or not,but it seems possible that both of the issues are caused by the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

masterchef

Aug 2, 2012
In the kitchen
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
You're 100% right that being happy and having joy is the key to living a good life. It's a shame more people, anywhere, not just here do not understand that truth.

You probably won't get very many replies on this subject here. From what I've seen, people on this forum are not very happy and are very religious. Usually, the more religiously bound a person is, the less joy they have. That has been my experience.

Just keep letting your light - and your joy - shine. Others in the real world, hopefully, will notice your inner radiance and reason for feeling so good! It could actually, theoretically, serve as a great witnessing tool.

Be blessed.

And to answer your question, my life isn't bad. I think you can choose to be happy no matter how bad things may seem. Being positive is literally the key to living a successful, happy life! Being miserable won't get anything but more misery.

Upvote 0

Schrodinger's Hat

Weird guy
Apr 4, 2012
Christian Forums
✟21,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LITL,
No,I didn't get a notification this time either(or at least not yet),so I think there must be a real problem here.Not sure what it is,but it seems pretty major.
By the way,thanks again for that post that you made in my forum.I can tell you put a lot of effort into it,and I appreciate the enlightenment that you gave.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
You're 100% right that being happy and having joy is the key to living a good life. It's a shame more people, anywhere, not just here do not understand that truth.

You probably won't get very many replies on this subject here. From what I've seen, people on this forum are not very happy and are very religious. Usually, the more religiously bound a person is, the less joy they have. That has been my experience.

Just keep letting your light - and your joy - shine. Others in the real world, hopefully, will notice your inner radiance and reason for feeling so good! It could actually, theoretically, serve as a great witnessing tool.

Be blessed.

And to answer your question, my life isn't bad. I think you can choose to be happy no matter how bad things may seem. Being positive is literally the key to living a successful, happy life! Being miserable won't get anything but more misery.

Masterchef, thanks so much for your kind words, and I really think in this modern world that getting back to basics can help with your spiritual journey. I know we are kindred spirits. Blessings on you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

luba

May 29, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
✟9,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I often read on these forums and also words from friends and family about how certain events or occurences in their daily lives are going bad for them. Isn't Christianity about helping us to forge ahead in joy and gratitude for our many blessings?

So my question to CF: Is your life GOOD in general? I can think about the many blessings in my life and my relationship with God and Christ. It's not about such things as having an awesome career, or material stuff, etc. I recogize that in this stage of my life that God truly is my source for all. I think the key is to be ever-grateful for even the smallest good that may come my way. I can look back over my life and now see where God has had his hand on me and helped me through difficult, and seemingly "impossible" situations in the past. I can now see that God was trying to get my attention and bring me closer to Him. So yes, life is GOOD!

I'm a newbie and just read this topic. :)

Yes, I'm very Grateful for my life and God has been in my life since I was a young child and received my first little red Bible from school. I am, too, grateful for even the smallest things and every morning I thank God through my quiet time of Prayer.

I love my husband, children, grandchildren, and friends. I find Joy everyday and my heart swells with it! It hasn't been an easy life, especially in my childhood and some years beyond, but I kept on praying and growing in daily gratitude.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm a newbie and just read this topic. :)

Yes, I'm very Grateful for my life and God has been in my life since I was a young child and received my first little red Bible from school. I am, too, grateful for even the smallest things and every morning I thank God through my quiet time of Prayer.

I love my husband, children, grandchildren, and friends. I find Joy everyday and my heart swells with it! It hasn't been an easy life, especially in my childhood and some years beyond, but I kept on praying and growing in daily gratitude.

Hi Luba and blessings for your beautiful life. Since I wrote this post last August, my life expands and continues to get better and better. More of the spiritual questions and mysteries are unfolding for my understanding. Peace be with you and love to you and your family.

Reactions: luba
Upvote 0
P

prov1810

I make a gratitude list every day. There are so many good things in life, so many blessings in a day, you just can't name 'em all. :)

When I started doing this, I realized I had never thanked God for many basic things - including water, and that's necessary for life! And then I remembered this Scripture:

He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matt. 5:45).

How many times did I read that Scripture before it even occurred to me to thank God for water? :doh:

Truly:

He is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. (Lk 6:35) :amen:

Upvote 0

luba

May 29, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
✟9,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Luba and blessings for your beautiful life. Since I wrote this post last August, my life expands and continues to get better and better. More of the spiritual questions and mysteries are unfolding for my understanding. Peace be with you and love to you and your family.

For you, too, LITL, and thank you for your kind post!:) We never stop learning and trying day by day to live a better life, the way, I believe, God wants us to.:)

Upvote 0