Do YOU have a crush on anyone? (28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I LOVE Valentine's Day! ^_^ I used to dislike it, but it's so much fun if you think about it an a positive way. I no longer see it as "Single Awareness Day" but rather a day to remind the people I love of how much I love them! That and I love to flood them with endless amounts of candy. :love: So what if I'm single, I can still enjoy the day. :)

Family members, friends, girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives, and even your pets--love them all! Let them know how much they mean to you. And carry it on to the other days, too.

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Nomarga

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
✟16,316.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is she on CF?:holy:

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Valentines day soon

Oh. Good.

The day or weekend after when everyone but me goes off in a frantic attempt to fulfill their socially required quota for material proof of their affection for their significant other, and makes pitying statements to me about how next year, I'll get to join in the "fun".

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I used to join in on the extreme negativity against Valentine's Day, then I realized it's not worth getting upset over, and really just childish. Some day I'll have a girl to cherish Valentine's Day with, until then I wish all those with loved ones a happy Valentine's Day and hope they enjoy themselves. God bless.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope I will meet a girl who won't need me to buy her chocolate and lacy heart-shaped pillows as proof that I love her. Valentines is rightly called a materialist's holiday, because it is a day when people expect material proof of their partner's love. I'm not negative about it because I'm single, I'm negative about it because the materialism that is its defining characteristic disgusts me.

If I ever stop being single, when I give gifts to my lady it will be when she least expects it, and because I WANT TO - not on socially designated "holidays". Love and obligation are like oil and water. You can put them in the same container, but they don't mix.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope I will meet a girl who won't need me to buy her chocolate and lacy heart-shaped pillows as proof that I love her. Valentines is rightly called a materialist's holiday, because it is a day when people expect material proof of their partner's love. I'm not negative about it because I'm single, I'm negative about it because the materialism that is its defining characteristic disgusts me.

If I ever stop being single, when I give gifts to my lady it will be when she least expects it, and because I WANT TO - not on socially designated "holidays". Love and obligation are like oil and water. You can put them in the same container, but they don't mix.

Yeah, and all those sick "thank yous" and tho-those "pleases".

Though it's nice to get nice Valentine day stuff because you can show off to other people who are not as fortunate. It is what a lot of people like to do.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever been with a girl who demanded you do so?

I've never been with a girl, period. But I wouldn't be interested in dating one who would take my decision not to observe Valentine's day as an indication that I don't care for her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.