Gam3rG1rl4Chr1st

Mar 11, 2007
Bay Area, California
✟16,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since when is Church about 'fitting in' with a social group? Church is about worshiping God and offering him thanks for everything you have to be thankful for. Everything else is secondary.

Well said. lol. That's pretty much where I've been at for the past couple of years. I gave up trying to fit in and started focusing more on God. It was at that point I started going to different churches and found that a lot of them don't teach very Biblical things. People have got some wacky ideas out here in California let me tell ya! But yeah, I'm still searching! God will lead me to the right one....or He will allow me to continue growing in my faith without the church. Whichever works best. I trust Him. :D

Reactions: CroCop
Upvote 0

Zoomer

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟12,330.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I get along with the people at my church but they aren't people that I would normally hang out with. My political and religious views are quite different than those of the majority. I really don't care about all that since I go to church to worship God and not to be buddy buddy with people.

Upvote 0
K

krys4ever

Yes, Im at a point where I feel like I dont fit in at my church in the way I would want to. When I had turned 18 yrs old, I was depressed, because I wasnt a child anymore and wasnt with the older adults. I felt left out and alone. Ill be 21 this year and I kind of still feel the same way, but not as much, though. My church is starting to get more young adults, but I cant really be close to them. I too have experienced bad situations, causing me to not trust others...I wish I can just have that one best friend that I can really identify with, u know...but in time I know God will bless me with one.

Upvote 0

docholiday

Nov 4, 2006
✟7,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is sad that so many people have this same problem my entire family has never really been accepted into a church on a few occasions we have even been asked to leave. They are somethings that we believe that apparently people have a problem with , and instead of discussing these things ( which we have ALWAYS been MORE than willing to do) we just get left out of pushed aside. Because we are "more trouble than it is worth" the American church as a whole "not all but most" has become a social club not a place of fellowship with God ! they care more about entertaining than teaching about God ! Church reminds me more of hollywood than the body of Christ. to concerned about comfort to get ANYTHING done, it is really sad . I understand now why in revelations out of 7 churches only one gets Gods approval ... scary thought , I just do the best I can to teach me family and the rest is in Gods hands .

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Do you ever feel like you just don't fit in with the people (of your certain age group) at church? I have felt before like I get along with non-christians then christians. I feel like i am trying to be more I guess you'd say social at church. But I seem to be going nowhere. I've made like one friend. Would having backstabbing Christian friends from an old church cause me not to want to trust anyone in a weird way?

As the years go on, I feel more of a sense of belonging in my church than I ever did in the past...which is a huge miracle in and of itself because my current homechurch is huge. HUGE. When I first started going there, I never felt comfortable. I hated it. I always felt like I was being judged and that the church Body was as lifeless and judgmental as a bag of rocks. I saw snobs, not souls. Dead weight, not potential. Now, whenever I am sitting in church or merely walking through it, it feels like home to me. I don't personally know 99% of the people there, but yet it's always home to me.

I think, for me, it's feeling more comfortable, a connectedness to others even if I don't know even them. It has to do with an awareness of myself, who I am, my gifts, my calling to be a shining example of God's love (even though I have been failing at that in my own life lately, I won't lie) and knowing that everyone is pretty much in the same boat. We might not all be of the same economic class or have the same personality or whatever...but we're all human with the same Spirit residing within.

I have had my share of backstabbers, as well...and I'm so sorry to hear that you've had similar experiences. I think it hurts much more when it comes from a christian because a part of you thinks that they should know better. It's disheartening...and confusing, especially if you'd been a good friend to them. Because you think, what christian would ever do this to me and what did I do anyway? My take is that whatever friendships I thought I had in the past that turned into dust were ones that were either not built on a strong foundation, or just that like with some friendships in life (with christians, non-christians, whatever), sometimes they dissolve and you move apart in some ways. Sometimes, you meet up later in life, sometimes you don't. It's perfectly normal.

But, I wouldn't give up if I were you. Please don't be discouraged. Just as those other friendships passed away or took a hiatus, God extended to me a bounty of sisters I can call friends. I didn't think I would ever find a group of girls to go to wild concerts, dance clubs or coffee shops with...who also happened to be christian. But, I did. It may have taken awhile, but....the old adage rings true: Good things come to those who wait (and sometimes, wait and wait :sorry: )

There are always more friends to be had in life. I pray that you find the kind of friendships that will bear good fruit in your life. :wave:

Upvote 0