Do you feel as if you have a "mark" on you?

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here is something I have been thinking about. Have you ever felt that you have a mark on you? Similar to the mark that God put on Cain in the bible.

However, this marks keep people of the opposite sex from being interested in you. A situation arises, you meet someone you like. You do your best to be nice and considerate. You think they may even like you. Then suddenly they aren't interested, often seeminly without explanation. Maybe that reason is you have a mark on you? This situation not only happens once, but over and over. Valid theory?

S.T.A.R.S.

Dec 9, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
✟183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can see how you can feel that way about a mark. Maybe that mark isn't to keep people away from you but rather to draw that "right person" closer to you. When that "right person" sees that mark, they will feel that they just have to get to know who you are. It's just the side effect is that those others aren't drawn towards you.

Upvote 0

Tenken

Oct 16, 2004
✟298.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
S.T.A.R.S. said:
I can see how you can feel that way about a mark. Maybe that mark isn't to keep people away from you but rather to draw that "right person" closer to you. When that "right person" sees that mark, they will feel that they just have to get to know who you are. It's just the side effect is that those others aren't drawn towards you.
I think it's both. God left the mark on you to keep away the wrong people, and to attract the right person.

Upvote 0

Fatolia

War, love, and prayer...my life
Aug 14, 2004
Kokomo, IN
✟8,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have a mark. They're called acne scars! And I earned every one of them.

But really, yeah, I know what you're saying mrstace...but you can't possibly know what's going on inside another person's head. Your perception of how they feel could be leading you on.

Also, think about this: are there any girls you know with "the mark?" Have you done something similar things to girls who may have had a thing with you.

I certainly can gripe about having "the mark" thing pulled on me but then I'm gently reminded of all the times I've done it to girls who were attracted to me, too. How can we then be bitter about women without being bitter about what we do ourselves?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the_man

" My heart is spoken for&
Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
mrstace said:
Here is something I have been thinking about. Have you ever felt that you have a mark on you? Similar to the mark that God put on Cain in the bible.
Hmm. Cain asked for his mark (well, indirectly...he wanted it) if we should go thru the passage (Gen. 4).

mrstace said:
However, this marks keep people of the opposite sex from being interested in you. A situation arises, you meet someone you like. You do your best to be nice and considerate. You think they may even like you. Then suddenly they aren't interested, often seeminly without explanation. Maybe that reason is you have a mark on you? This situation not only happens once, but over and over. Valid theory?
Mmmm, no. I dont' think that is a result of a "mark". Cos that has happened to a lot of people a lot of times that eventually find someone that likes them back and they start a relationship.

It (the non interest on the other side) could be a for a bunch of reasons. One of which is bad timing or bad luck. Maybe this person is meeting and liking the wrong people. Another of which may be a destructive behavior pattern for relationships(more likely the case). There might be something this person is doing that drives people away. Maybe they are expecting too much too soon, this drives people away. Maybe they are being too nice or too considerate, this also drives people away.

And because it happens over and over doesn't mean much in this arena. What I mean is that, it happening over and over is totally dependant on how many tries are attempted. If I'm searching for a job and I send my resume to 100 arbitrary listings (for jobs I'm over qualified for and for jobs I have no bizness seeking), I should prepare myself for many disappointments. If I select 7 listings that I believe would be good matches, my disappointements are limited.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
goodgirl said:
only once they find out I won't have sex with them :p
lol hear hear! Same for me too! They'd be all ga-ga over me, blah blah blah, but when they find out I'm not gonna have sex with them? BYE BYE! lol

Ahem, on a more serious note...yah, at times I do feel like I have this "mark." I've only been involved with 2 guys in my life (from the age of 21...I'm now 23), so I guess I can't really detect a sure pattern yet. The one thing that HAS happened though with both is that my importance in their lives suddenly was non-existent. I'd be led to feel important, and then for various reasons, my importance just wasn't important enough, and the pattern is that I'm the expendable one. *shrugs* Dunno why. I can attract the males, but I can't seem to keep them! Oyyyy...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
mrstace said:

Gen 4:15
But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

So we see the mark was actually of benefit to Cain! If we take this 'mark' theory as valid then it is because God wants to keep away those who would harm us. Praise God for his grace and care!

grace and peace
Andy

Upvote 0

Sinless_angels

Sep 19, 2004
Masterton
✟311.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well I seem to the oppsite prob. Too many guys seem to be interested in me. They are all really special people to me but they are just not good enough, by that they are not christians.

mrstace said:

Upvote 0