Results are only viewable after voting.

LifeInJesus

Feb 14, 2011
✟269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes or no? I myself fast sometimes and most of the time, this is when I sin. I believe that by fasting, I prove my love and loyalty to God through my actions. Although to generally repent, you only need to say sorry to God and actually feel guilty and because The Lord died for us, we will be forgiven as long as we continuing fighting sin.

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Prayer and fasting has been and continues to be a great source of comfort and means of tapping into a deeper, stronger, more effectual connection with Him for Whom all things are possible.

Whenever prayer alone has appeared to fall short, and something became overwhelmingly unbearable - prayer and fasting helped bring amazingly swift and lasting relief.

Through the practice of the discipline of prayer and fasting, one receives an intensely enhanced sense and experience, that our God Is Able !

Through our weakening is His Strengthening more readily accommodated !

May The Lord Be Exalted above all !

wm

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2011
✟15,189.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
My first fast was a 40 day fast. I had never fasted before. For a couple of weeks prior, I sensed a pressure on my right hip at night when sleeping, I saw that Ezekiel had fasted 40 days on his right side. (one of his fast).

I believed G-d was calling me to fast and pray, so I did. I drank liquids for 40 days and during that time had seven very powerful dreams.

Since that time I completed another 40 day fast and a couple of 20 day fast, and some just a few days. Everytime I sense the presence of G-d, of the Ruach Kodesh/ Holy Spirit in a very powerful way. I pray and intercede for the lost and for the body of Christ worldwide.

It has been one of the most intimate and Holy experiences I have ever known.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Ezeretane

Mar 12, 2011
Strasbourg
✟15,426.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Fasting is very important but don't forget to take advises before, don't fast liquids and consult a physician if you 've got desease like diabetes,...
i heart horrible events concerning christian not fasting "properly" adn i think that before doing that advises must be taken to your pastor for example
not trying to discourage anyone but somethings are important to say

bless you all ;)

Upvote 0
H

Heavens

I fast always. But not by witholding food or drink. This is the fast I keep;

(Isa 58:6) Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
(Isa 58:7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
(Isa 58:8) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
(Isa 58:9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
(Isa 58:10) And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
(Isa 58:11) And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Blessings in Christ

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I fast always. But not by witholding food or drink.

Did Jesus fast by "withholding food or drink" ?

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
<-----> Matthew 4:1+2

fasted - From The Greek: meaning

G3522
&#957;&#951;&#963;&#964;&#949;&#965;&#769;&#969;
ne&#772;steuo&#772;
nace-tyoo'-o
From G3523; to abstain from food (religiously): - fast.

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
<-----> Luke 4:1+2

Is not Christ our God-given Example, more so than any other ?!!

May The Lord Be Pleased !

wm

Upvote 0
S

StormHawk

I hadn't fasted for at least 6 months. Lately I had a lingering virus that was sapping my energy, penicillain hadn't shifted it, I just got sick & tired of being sick & tired, I was hungry to be well and have energy!

I missed "supper" friday night, and didn't eat unto about 5:30pm saturday ... I found I just wasn't hungry, I knew God wants to heal me & indeed would use my weakness to show his strength ... praise God I just kept busy and didn't think about food until I had nothing left to do, then ate a small meal (the illness affected my appetite), prayed a bit and woke up feeling a bit better the next day and as the day continued I health restored, and last night my appetite was back.

Physical effect: I noticed that my urine was very dark thev day after the fast, I guess the toxins were being flushed out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psetfree

Jul 26, 2011
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am fasting today for the first time in a while. The first time I fasted was for 3 days because I was desparately hurt (feelings). During the fast, I asked God to forgive that person, and I felt the Holy Spirit come over my body like electricity. THat was 7 or 8 years ago. Since then, my fasts bring me (sometimes supernaturally) closer to Jesus. When the Pharasis asked Jesus why his disciples don't fast, he said it was because he was still with them. I now understand the meaning of that verse and it has had a profound imact on me. God is awesome, and fasting is amazing.

Shalom,
psf
Mark 2:18-19

Jesus Questioned About Fasting

18 Now John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus, “How is it that John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?” 19 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them.

Upvote 0

ByronArn

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jul 28, 2011
Ohio, USA
Visit site
✟11,502.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I fast for 19 hours everyday. True, its a diet. But its also a lifestyle and it integrates with my spirituality quite well. I am on my second week of this.

Within the next couple weeks, I also plan to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays as well, since these are ancient fast days for the Church (Friday being the traditional day that Jesus died on, and Wednesday being the traditional day he was betrayed on). For now, however, I am simply reducing my diet to rice and water for these days, to acclimate my body to it.

I have fasted in the past. In my Messianic days, I fasted for Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). And in the 2 years since I came back to Christ, I have done it on occasion for in various forms (from complete abstaining of foods to abstaining from certain types of foods [dairy, meat, and sugars] to reducing my food intake to half). As mentioned above, this current fast-5 lifestyle is rather recent.

Upvote 0

VintageDon

Texan, Minister, TechnoGeek, Foodie :)
Aug 12, 2011
Smyrna, DE
Visit site
✟16,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anytime I'm seeking wisdom on a major decision, or need to move the flesh aside to get closer with God, I fast. The length of time simply depends on how long it takes me to hear God's Word on a particular subject. I don't fast on every decision, but it helps to get your flesh out of the way for particular decisions sometimes. Especially ones that your flesh is caught up in.

Usually, I'll fast at least once a month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yourwealth

Jul 27, 2011
Jamaica
Visit site
✟15,125.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes I fast. As christians its a MUST that we fast, just as how its a must that we pray. Fasting strenghten our spirit and draws uis closer to God. It also aid in us recieving certain answers from God and certain stuff for example spirtual blessings.

Just like how you eat food to survive you should fast so that the spirtual man be strenghten and kept alive.

Upvote 0

Matariki

Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and MIND
Jan 24, 2011
New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I enjoy food too much! :yum:

I do fast but not through a lack of food. I separate myself from the outside world (computer etc.) for a few to several hours daily reading and meditating (and snacking on a sandwich or two). Its not what I put in my mouth that gets between me and God. Its what I look at (no, not inappropriate content folks). :doh:

Upvote 0