War, love, and prayer...my life
Aug 14, 2004
Kokomo, IN
✟8,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Petra, I think you were getting to what Linda was asking.

Faithfulness, honesty, honor, and consistency of all the above after the "newness" of her body and mind wear off and reality sets in, sticking with her when her face starts to get wrinkly and doesn't turn you on like it used to...that's basically what you promise at a wedding...it's also essentially loving her as Jesus would.

I can't say I understand what a woman really wants (that would be gross generalization), but from what I hear girls don't want to be "rescued;" they just want to be accepted and loved for who they are. Now when I say "for who they are" I mean accepting and loving the little idiosynchrocies of their life, like if they enjoy Star Wars or going to flea markets or shyness...I'm not talking about accepting folly like harsh negativism, pride, or someone who "plays you." Avoid girls like that, please. A real woman is always trying to change for the better and always willing to absorb advice, even if it is not heeded because it really is dumb advice (such as "always drink beer when it's offered to you"). Oh, those women who are willing to change and adapt to please God and for the sake of others are REAL dream women. I'm sure it's the same concept with real men. It's something I strive for everyday.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fatolia said:
Oh, those women who are willing to change and adapt to please God and for the sake of others are REAL dream women. I'm sure it's the same concept with real men. It's something I strive for everyday.
lol, man...you were THIS close to seeing my brat!! :p Oh okay, I'm kidding....but you LUCKILY remembered to add in "real men" as well, cuz if you didn't....*mumbles and grumbles* lol

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PetraFan007 said:
okokok i think i can do it this time.... FOR A GIRL...I CAN BE.....with God's help that is... always there for her, never turn my back on her even in hard times (this means NO DIVORCES!) :), um... provider, protector, someone who will always show affection, funny, provide good looks and stuff like that. :p Is that what you were looking for? :) oh...maybe a father someday...lol
Hmmmm...that's better. Now you're on the right track. There are many girls who can or WILL fit your criteria, but never EVER forget that even then, it still must go both ways. You have to make yourself "criteria-worthy" for that girl to. Don't just think about what SHE can be for YOU. Think about what YOU can be for HER. Thankfully, you found the question to answer lol

Upvote 0

Living4Him03

Just wanna dance with you
Nov 16, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas
Visit site
✟18,965.00
Faith
Protestant
I've found there are some guys that I would have never thought I'd like...because I always thought I knew what I wanted and needed in a spouse. But God always brings different types of guys into my life to blow me away and my notions of what I want or need out of the water.

Upvote 0

PlanN2WalkONwata

Dec 1, 2003
✟8,479.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
why thank you :D there are some things I would like out of a guy... but what I want and what I think I would like are two different things... man and woman are made to complement each other... and so the Lord may give me a man that's totally opposite of what I am so we can help each other in all areas. Or then again, he may give me someone totally like me (Lord help us if you do - 2 overly competitive, proud, I can do anything, opinionated people - :eek: it just would not be pretty lol) But either way, I want the Lord's decision more than anything in my life. And THAT i KNOW will be best for both parties ;)

Upvote 0