Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lam_3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Lam_3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Lam_3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Lam_3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
This too, from the same Chapter :)

Lamentations 3
22 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.

--David

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
These two verses come to mind too.

Psalms 37
4 .Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew 6
33 .Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

--David

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Soul-searching

Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
✟55,820.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe the saying that good things come to those who wait?
No, not in the sense it´s written.Those who wait, also miss out on something the others acheive, so to me it does not make sense. waiting, or moving quickly, it all has consequences, and it can all teach us something. What we get, we must mostly work for, put an effort into, so just because we wait, does not mean we get anything, we still have to work for it, pray for it, wish for it, find a way to manifest it. I know many people say that all we get is from above, but i can´t say that, because i don´t know that. To me things could just as easily be random, and i think they are. I think the saying is about patience, and yes, we must have patience, and not move too quickly without thinking, but stil, if we are awarded for our patience, the more patient we are, the more good things come flying, i don´t believe in, in this life we have now. There are people who wait all their lives, and still get one bad thing after the other, as there is people who move quickly and acheives everything.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anna Therese

May 18, 2018
USA
✟19,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you believe the saying that good things come to those who wait?

Good things come to those who truly love God and wait for Him. So in that sense, yes, I do believe that good things come to those who wait.

"My soul hath hoped in the Lord." -Psalm

"In your patience you shall possess your souls. " -Luke 21:19

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not in the sense it´s written.Those who wait, also miss out on something the others acheive, so to me it does not make sense. waiting, or moving quickly, it all has consequences, and it can all teach us something. What we get, we must mostly work for, put an effort into, so just because we wait, does not mean we get anything, we still have to work for it, pray for it, wish for it, find a way to manifest it. I know many people say that all we get is from above, but i can´t say that, because i don´t know that. To me things could just as easily be random, and i think they are. I think the saying is about patience, and yes, we must have patience, and not move too quickly without thinking, but stil, if we are awarded for our patience, the more patient we are, the more good things come flying, i don´t believe in, in this life we have now. There are people who wait all their lives, and still get one bad thing after the other, as there is people who move quickly and acheives everything.
I have to disagree with you there soul searching,yes you can pray about it and work for it and all that,but in my opinion,if you really want something,like say you really want a great person in your life,in my opinion waiting is the answer,for example,one of my best friends is and has been single for many many years,now she is not looking,but she still has hope.

Upvote 0

Soul-searching

Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
✟55,820.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to disagree with you there soul searching,yes you can pray about it and work for it and all that,but in my opinion,if you really want something,like say you really want a great person in your life,in my opinion waiting is the answer,for example,one of my best friends is and has been single for many many years,now she is not looking,but she still has hope.
Hi Sunshine. There is no harm in waiting, but i don´t quite understand, how can you find something if you are not searching for it? Like a great person does not come in the mail, it would be cool if it was so:)
if you don´t put yourself out there, then how will you meet people for instance? Maybe you mean not choosing the first, the best that comes along? waiting for the right one? I do agree that sometimes we are too eager in our search, and only focus on finding one, instead of finding the right one, which can take a long time.

• Agree
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Sunshine. There is no harm in waiting, but i don´t quite understand, how can you find something if you are not searching for it? Like a great person does not come in the mail, it would be cool if it was so:)
if you don´t put yourself out there, then how will you meet people for instance? Maybe you mean not choosing the first, the best that comes along? waiting for the right one? I do agree that sometimes we are too eager in our search, and only focus on finding one, instead of finding the right one, which can take a long time.
Lol yes we can only wish that it did come in the mail,we'll say my best friend and I both have a disability and it is not easy for us to go out there and meet people,because we do not drive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soul-searching

Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
✟55,820.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I´m sorry :( Maybe the internet then? Not all people are social either, a lot of people meet each other on the internet. Either way, i do hope you both find what you are looking for, as long as you don´t give up hope, that´s all that matters in the end.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I´m sorry :( Maybe the internet then? Not all people are social either, a lot of people meet each other on the internet. Either way, i do hope you both find what you are looking for, as long as you don´t give up hope, that´s all that matters in the end.
hey soul searching,that's very true and thank you so much :)

Upvote 0