Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder about this, since the Bible does speak of the 'sons of God,' (b'nai elohim) who are distinct from angels, and of the nephilim, and so on... Do I believe in little green men from Mars? No, but the Bible is clear on the fact that Man was not his only sentient creation...
You believe in aliens but some how Harry Potter is awful and evil.

^_^

I do apologize for openly laughing at you...just too much. Wow.

Upvote 0
D

darkfell

I didn't say that I believe in 'aliens,' in terms of the pop culture foolishness that some people entertain. I do, however, know that the Bible clearly states that he created other beings who do not live on earth... so they would be, by definition 'extra-terrestrial.' Indeed, GOD isn't 'from earth' either, nor are the angels etc etc.

And yes, books which present witchcraft, sorcery and necromancy as being good would be evil according to the Bible. Indeed, the Bible is very clear in condemning those who call evil things good (Isaiah 5:20)... God also condems those who are mockers, so good luck with your trolling. :)

You believe in aliens but some how Harry Potter is awful and evil.

^_^

I do apologize for openly laughing at you...just too much. Wow.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that I believe in 'aliens,' in terms of the pop culture foolishness that some people entertain. I do, however, know that the Bible clearly states that he created other beings who do not live on earth... so they would be, by definition 'extra-terrestrial.' Indeed, GOD isn't 'from earth' either, nor are the angels etc etc.

And yes, books which present witchcraft, sorcery and necromancy as being good would be evil according to the Bible. Indeed, the Bible is very clear in condemning those who call evil things good (Isaiah 5:20)... God also condems those who are mockers, so good luck with your trolling. :)
So you're not mocking me by calling me a troll right after quoting the Bible?

I think we are both to sarcastic for our own good. See my response on the Harry Potter thread.
:)

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe in aliens but not as society tends to present them--benevolent beings trying to get by in their own lives with interesting things to offer. I see them as demons--threats to humankind. No good can come of them.

Why do you see them as demons?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in aliens but not as society tends to present them--benevolent beings trying to get by in their own lives with interesting things to offer. I see them as demons--threats to humankind. No good can come of them.
They probably think the same of us and with good reason.

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For now, I don't think there are any aliens. Though that can be proven wrong.
After-all, God is creative and if He wants to create aliens after mankind, who is there to stop Him or says that what He does is wrong.
The bible never talks about aliens, so for now, I do not think there are any alien.
Though I will not be surprised if there are.
For God don't have to reveal everything through the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LionofJudahDK

Sep 26, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
✟1,576.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Answering the question of the headline:

Yes, I do. And I think that it is the atheists that have some 'splainin to do, once we make contact with intelligent extraterrestrials.
The universe is just too vast for the notion that the only place God created life, was on a fringe world in some far-away corner of an insignificant galaxy, to make any kind of sense.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Answering the question of the headline:

Yes, I do. And I think that it is the atheists that have some 'splainin to do, once we make contact with intelligent extraterrestrials.
The universe is just too vast for the notion that the only place God created life, was on a fringe world in some far-away corner of an insignificant galaxy, to make any kind of sense.

"'splainin" about what?
I agree with the second part of your post!
MSN-Emoticon-alien-bot-045.gif

BTW,
Welcome to CF!
MSN-Emoticon-hello-049.gif

MSN-Emoticon-200.gif

Upvote 0

LionofJudahDK

Sep 26, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
✟1,576.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
"'splainin" about what?
I agree with the second part of your post!

BTW,
Welcome to CF!

*approves of the above message* :)

Well, it's often said by atheists, that when we find intelligent life somewhere, it will have disproven God's existence. I say it will have made a stronger point FOR the existence of a trancendent intelligence being behind the creation of life, and made abiogenesis (the idea that life came into existence as a random accident in the primordial soup) all the more unlikely.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
*approves of the above message* :)

Well, it's often said by atheists, that when we find intelligent life somewhere, it will have disproven God's existence. I say it will have made a stronger point FOR the existence of a trancendent intelligence being behind the creation of life, and made abiogenesis (the idea that life came into existence as a random accident in the primordial soup) all the more unlikely.
I've heard that too. The obvious reply to that is, "So what if there are aliens? Someone had to create *them* too!"
:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.