Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL...NONE of your theory fulfills any prophecy nor is historically accurate. Sunday was the 16th.
It fulfills prophecy just fine. And it's perfectly accurate to the history.

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Look, it's obvious that you're deflecting and avoiding giving a sincere answer to the scriptures provided. We both know your interpretation doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of the scriptures. Review them and answer, or just admit defeat with more deflection and avoidance.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your point of view is this:

Jesus died on Friday, the 14th. He had to die on the 14th because Christ is our passover, and the passover was killed on the 14th. Christ is also our firstfruits, so he had to be resurrected on the 16th.

That is your whole argument, and nothing I've shown you has made a dent. You refuse to accept the scripture. According to two conspicuous verses, Jesus was alive and well on the afternoon of the 14th, and had not yet eaten the last supper, nor been arrested, and most certainly had not been crucified. That, my friend, is not an opinion. That is a hard, scriptural fact, found in a pair of verses that I have cited or quoted to you approximately a hundred times now. Please review Mark 14:12 and Luke 22:7. The disciples came to Jesus on the first day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. Leaven is not destroyed until noon on the 14th day, and the passover is not slain until about 2:00 in the afternoon. This, too, is a historical fact, not an opinion.

No matter what theological argument you have convinced yourself of, it nevertheless remains a scriptural fact that Jesus was alive and well on the afternoon of the 14th.

You say I'm wrong. I say, prove it with hard facts if you can. Show me how the disciples came to him on the first day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed, if he was already crucified.

Again, the Passover is killed on the 14th...not the 15th...do you not see it! Read John...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It fulfills prophecy just fine. And it's perfectly accurate to the history.

Your theory says he dies on the 15th, not with the lambs on the 14th ("lamb of God")...no fulfillment. You have Him rising on...the 17th! Again, NO fulfillment (firstfruit). you are not looking good here...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Look, it's obvious that you're deflecting and avoiding giving a sincere answer to the scriptures provided. We both know your interpretation doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of the scriptures. Review them and answer, or just admit defeat with more deflection and avoidance.

I am not deflecting, I am just not going to repeat myself because you just want to argue your silly theory.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That is your whole argument, and nothing I've shown you has made a dent. You refuse to accept the scripture. According to two conspicuous verses, Jesus was alive and well on the afternoon of the 14th, and had not yet eaten the last supper, nor been arrested, and most certainly had not been crucified. That, my friend, is not an opinion. That is a hard, scriptural fact, found in a pair of verses that I have cited or quoted to you approximately a hundred times now. Please review Mark 14:12 and Luke 22:7. The disciples came to Jesus on the first day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. Leaven is not destroyed until noon on the 14th day, and the passover is not slain until about 2:00 in the afternoon. This, too, is a historical fact, not an opinion.

No matter what theological argument you have convinced yourself of, it nevertheless remains a scriptural fact that Jesus was alive and well on the afternoon of the 14th.

You say I'm wrong. I say, prove it with hard facts if you can. Show me how the disciples came to him on the first day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed, if he was already crucified.

"In the month of Xanthicus, which is by us called Nisan, and is the beginning of our year, on the fourteenth day of the lunar month, when the sun is in Aries, (for in this month it was that we were delivered from bondage under the Egyptians,) the law ordained that we should every year slay that sacrifice which I before told you we slew when we came out of Egypt, and which was called the Passover; and so we do celebrate this passover in companies, leaving nothing of what we sacrifice till the day following. The feast of unleavened bread succeeds that of the passover, and falls on the fifteenth day of the month, and continues seven days, wherein they feed on unleavened bread; on every one of which days two bulls are killed, and one ram, and seven lambs. Now these lambs are entirely burnt, besides the kid of the goats which is added to all the rest, for sins; for it is intended as a feast for the priest on every one of those days. But on the second day of unleavened bread, which is the sixteenth day of the month, they first partake of the fruits of the earth, for before that day they do not touch them. And while they suppose it proper to honor God, from whom they obtain this plentiful provision, in the first place, they offer the first-fruits of their barley, and that in the manner following: They take a handful of the ears, and dry them, then beat them small, and purge the barley from the bran; they then bring one tenth deal to the altar, to God; and, casting one handful of it upon the fire, they leave the rest for the use of the priest. And after this it is that they may publicly or privately reap their harvest. They also at this participation of the first-fruits of the earth, sacrifice a lamb, as a burnt-offering to God. (Antiq III 10:5)"

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not deflecting, I am just not going to repeat myself because you just want to argue your silly theory.
You're deflecting and avoiding the obvious answer because your theological point of view contradicts the scripture. You can pretend otherwise, but we both know that's the case.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What is the date of this passage:

Mark 14:12 — And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover ...

Hmm? What date is it?

The Passover is killed on the 14th

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And technically, you wouldn't be repeating yourself, because you've yet to actually acknowledge or answer to the scriptures provided. You just talk around them and continue with your theological nonsense instead of answering to "And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover ...," and all the succeeding passages that state unambiguously that Jesus and his disciples ate the passover at the last supper.

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Passover is killed on the 14th
Give me a straight answer to the direct question. What date is this passage? Mark 14:12 — And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover ...

I want you to say it directly, not round about.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You're deflecting and avoiding the obvious answer because your theological point of view contradicts the scripture. You can pretend otherwise, but we both know that's the case.

I know you are wrong, that is all that matters.

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know you are wrong, that is all that matters.

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
Deflection. Avoidance. You still haven't answered the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And technically, you wouldn't be repeating yourself, because you've yet to actually acknowledge or answer to the scriptures provided. You just talk around them and continue with your theological nonsense instead of answering to "And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover ...," and all the succeeding passages that state unambiguously that Jesus and his disciples ate the passover at the last supper.

Sure I have over and over, and it all disproves your theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Deflection. Avoidance. You still haven't answered the scriptures.

You are the one avoiding the truth because you believe your silly impossible theory!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Every time you deflect and avoid, I smile, because we both know the scriptures have you in a corner, and you don't want to answer. You can't answer without giving up your fallacy. So keep it up. God loves prideful people too, even if he resists them.

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are the one avoiding the truth because you believe our silly impossible theory!

We can address the John passages in due course. I'm happy to answer to them. But you're first going to answer to the ones I've posted for you. I won't let this conversation go past them. You're going to answer, or we're going to get no further.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Give me a straight answer to the direct question. What date is this passage? Mark 14:12 — And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover ...

I want you to say it directly, not round about.

the problem is right in front of your eyes and you still cant or wont see it LOL! Again for the 1000th time, the lamb was killed ON THE 14th!

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Every time you deflect and avoid, I smile, because we both know the scriptures have you in a corner, and you don't want to answer. You can't answer without giving up your fallacy. So keep it up. God loves prideful people too, even if he resists them.

They prove YOU wrong and you cant even see it...I am the one smiling :)

Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟161,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
the problem is right in front of your eyes and you still cant or wont see it LOL! Again for the 1000th time, the lamb was killed ON THE 14th!
Dude, I asked for a straight forward answer to a straight forward question. I didn't ask "when is the lamb slain." I asked, "what date is this passage." I want your acknowledgement of the dating of the passage.

Upvote 0