Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think this passage summarises the issue quite well.

The conclusion I have is that I am not under the Law but I am a slave to Righteousness.
His Love in our hearts is now the motivation to righteousness not the Law.
This is clear from the opening verses of 1 Cor 13.

Rom 7:
15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

20For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. 22But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

His what is in our hearts???

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well there's little point talking to you then; if you seem to think I'm in league with the devil.

Sorry you've written a long post for nothing.

I didn't ask you to mis-represent God and His Word. You volunteered. I just pointed it out with scripture. I didn't say you were in league with the devil. You said that on your own. I simply asked what voice you listened to.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What part of God is not love?

Exactly---and since you are soooo loath to say it:

Jer_31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom_2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense - I have always consistently agreed that the 'Law fo the Spirit' is written in hearts of believers.

And your reference in Romans 2 is the Spirit convicting the World of sin righteousness and judgement which is a different matter entirely. This is further to Romans 1:21 referring to unbelieving gentiles.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I meant to quote Romans 3:23 earlier.
Sin is falling short of the glory of God, opposing and rebelling against him. Satan and his angels tried to rebel against God and be greater than he; they were thrown out of heaven. Adam decided to disobey God, oppose what he wanted and go his own way; he was led put of the garden.

We all sin against God when we do things our way instead of his; trust in ourselves and believe that getting to heaven is about what we do.

What does it mean to "fall short"? How does God define sin? WHAT is "HIS WAY"?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem with those words of Jesus. What I disagree with is the idea that because Jesus is the eternal Word who is one with God the Father, and because it was God the Father who gave Moses the law, that means that Jesus, indirectly, wrote the OT law. Therefore if anyone says they are following Jesus' example, they have to obey it. That doesn't follow.

I guess that answers my question; so DO you believe that EVERY law written in Leviticus is to be obeyed today? If so, do you do it - including animal sacrifices?

Do you believe that The Father and The Son and The Spirit disagree? A house divided can NOT stand. There can be no sacrifices, there is no Temple so your statement is moot.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that The Father and The Son and The Spirit disagree?

What sort of question is that ?

I have to conclude that this point that your are just playing games and not being respectful.

If you want serious answers, ask serious questions that don't put others down.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
HaMashiach—meaning “The Anointed One” is conferred on YESHUA (meaning GOD'S Salvation" for mankind's redemption, eternally. We think of the English word “Messiah” and the Greek “Christos” as both meaning “The Anointed One” in much the same way that “HaMashiach” in Hebrew does.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing when I clearly said I fully understand the terms?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What sort of question is that ?

I have to conclude that this point that your are just playing games and not being respectful.

If you want serious answers, ask serious questions that don't put others down.

It is a very serious question...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.