May 16, 2015
✟119,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And Jesus came as a Jew - salvation truly was from the Jews. Yet he said at the Last Supper "this is my blood of the New Covenant, shed for many for the forgiveness of sins".
Not, "shed [just] for the house of Israel"; shed for many.
Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets; all the prophecies made to Israel are fulfilled in Jesus.
AMEN!

The "Seat Of Moses" under the Mosaic Covenant included the 613 commands/statutes of the first five books of the Hebrew Bible known as the Torah. These 613 Hebrew commands/statutes (including the shed blood of an animal) is no longer a prerequisite within either Christianity or Messianic Judaism.

Only Rabbinic Judaism still recognizes these 613 traditions (some man made) as did the Phariees under the Old Covenant (Seat of Moses), while rejecting Yeshua HaMashiach / Jesus Christ as GOD'S Salvation for both Jew nd non-Jew

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.
17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in His sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as the Tanakh puts it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.” (Habakkuk 2:4; Proverbs 3:5-6)

Last edited:
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Israel.
And Jesus came as a Jew - salvation truly was from the Jews.
Yet he said at the Last Supper "this is my blood of the New Covenant, shed for many for the forgiveness of sins". Not, "shed for the house of Israel"; shed for many.
Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets; all the prophecies made to Israel are fulfilled in Jesus.

And so how are you included? Matthew 15:24-26

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Only Rabbinic Judaism still recognizes these 613 traditions (some man made) as did the Phariees under the Old Covenant (Seat of Moses), while rejecting Yeshua HaMashiach / Jesus Christ as GOD'S Salvation for both Jew nd non-Jew

The "613" are not traditions nor man made...you are speaking of the oral law or the Mishnah.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
HaMashiach—meaning “The Anointed One” is conferred on YESHUA (meaning GOD'S Salvation" for mankind's redemption, eternally. We think of the English word “Messiah” and the Greek “Christos” as both meaning “The Anointed One” in much the same way that “HaMashiach” in Hebrew does.

I am quite aware of what they mean

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have accepted Jesus, who died for me.

The laws have been explained before. There is the 10 commandments, the law of God, written on stone, written by the hand of God (Jesus), permanent and forever and kept inside the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy place of the sanctuary (a copy of the heavenly sanctuary). The ark is called the Mercy seat and is the very throne of God in heaven and was on earth.
Then there are the laws of Moses. Dictated by God, written by Moses on parchment and kept outside the ark. Temporary. Any dealing with the sacrfice of animals pointed to Jesus, as the Sacrificial Lamb. All nailed to the cross.
Health laws are just that--laws dealing with human health. God created all humans and He knows what the bodies He created. Those laws have the promise of God that those who keep those laws will not be visited with the diseases of the Egyptians (symbol for all pagans.) God's 10 commandments and the health laws apply to all people. The bodie of the Gentiles and the bodies of the Jews require the same care for best health.

No one is saying that salvation depends on following these. It is Jesus alone that saves. However, obedience to the will of God is something that is to be strived for. His will is for our own good, He wants only the best for us and why would we not want to do His bidding and be the best we can be after He gave His life for us? Neither God nor anyone else is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying you must follow these in order to be saved. God judges the heart. If we love Him, we automatically want to do His will.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is saying that salvation depends on following these. It is Jesus alone that saves. However, obedience to the will of God is something that is to be strived for. His will is for our own good, He wants only the best for us and why would we not want to do His bidding and be the best we can be after He gave His life for us? Neither God nor anyone else is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying you must follow these in order to be saved. God judges the heart. If we love Him, we automatically want to do His will.

Of course.
But it's not his will for me, or any Christians, to follow the food and hygiene laws in Leviticus. John 6:40.

I dare say that you can, if you believe that it's what you should do/you like the diet etc. But people can, and do, follow Jesus without these laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Of course.
But it's not his will for me, or any Christians, to follow the food and hygiene laws in Leviticus. John 6:40.

I dare say that you can, if you believe that it's what you should do/you like the diet etc. But people can, and do, follow Jesus without these laws.

I said keeping any of it is no guarantee of salvation. God knows the heart.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked you how you are included in the Jeremiah covenant on the basis of Matthew 15:24-26?

I told you; I believe in Jesus whose blood was shed to seal the New Covenant, Matthew 26:28.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I told you; I believe in Jesus whose blood was shed to seal the New Covenant, Matthew 26:28.

The reason for His shedding His blood is:
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

You are not answering my question...did you drink of the cup?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Does that mean folks who dont keep the Sabbath dont love Him?

Do those who murder their neighbor love them? How about when the steal from them? Do you love YHVH when you worship idols?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason for His shedding His blood is:
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

He died, and shed his blood, for the forgiveness of sins.
It is his death, as the perfect Lamb of God, that reconciles us to the Father.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith without works is dead

Salvation is through Jesus alone.
The works we do are our response to his love - we do good works because we are saved, not in order to be saved.

Keeping the hygiene laws in Leviticus is not good works.

Upvote 0