Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Every time we have Holy Communion we commemorate what he did for us and proclaim his death.

What DID He do for you and why? How did gentiles enter into covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He died, and shed his blood, for the forgiveness of sins.
It is his death, as the perfect Lamb of God, that reconciles us to the Father.

To forgive your sin? What is sin?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,430.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What DID He do for you and why? How did gentiles enter into covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

God made a NEW covenant, sealed with the blood of Jesus, who gave his life for our sins.
I am in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God made a NEW covenant, sealed with the blood of Jesus, who gave his life for our sins.
I am in Jesus.

Read Jeremiah again. DID He die for you and why? What is sin????? How did gentiles enter into covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,430.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Jeremiah again. DID He die for you and why? What is sin????? How did gentiles enter into covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Are you asking because you want to know, because you don't understand what I said or because you want to talk me round to your way of thinking?

Christ died for sinners, Romans 5:8. His blood, was of the NEW Covenant, shed for the forgiveness of sins, Matthew 26:28.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Christ died for sinners, Romans 5:8. His blood, was of the NEW Covenant, shed for the forgiveness of sins, Matthew 26:28.

Already know that...why won't you answer my questions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
He died, and shed his blood, for the forgiveness of sins.
It is his death, as the perfect Lamb of God, that reconciles us to the Father.

That is correct.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,430.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Already know that...why won't you answer my questions?

I do answer your questions, and then you ask me the same ones again.

Are you asking because you want to know, because you don't understand what I said, or because you want to talk me round to your way of thinking?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I do answer your questions, and then you ask me the same ones again.

No, you did not answer any of them...it is as if I asked you what is 1 + 1 and you answered 11 or the that the sky is blue...

• Haha
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,430.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you did not answer any of them...it is as if I asked you what is 1 + 1 and you answered 11 or the that the sky is blue...

1. Yes, Jesus did die for me.
2. Sin is rebellion against God; falling short of his glory, Romans 6:23
3. Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets and, as the Messiah, preached the news of the Kingdom of God, Luke 16:16.
4. He fulfilled the prophecies about him, including Jeremiah 31.
5. I am not part of the Mosaic covenant, I am in Jesus, John 15:5.
6. I did not, and do not, have to become part of Israel before I can be saved and receive the Gospel of eternal life. This is what was being taught by Judaisers in Acts of the Apostles 15:1, and which the apostles discussed. Peter said that a) God had poured out his Spirit on Gentiles just as he had the Jews, and b) that they shouldn't put burdens onto the Gentiles which even the Jews had not been able to bear Acts of the Apostles 15:10-11.

Are you asking me because you want to know, because you don't understand what I said or because you are hoping to talk me round to your way of thinking?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
1. Yes, Jesus did die for me.
2. Sin is rebellion against God; falling short of his glory, Romans 6:23
3. Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets and, as the Messiah, preached the news of the Kingdom of God, Luke 16:16.
4. He fulfilled the prophecies about him, including Jeremiah 31.
5. I am not part of the Mosaic covenant, I am in Jesus, John 15:5.
6. I did not, and do not, have to become part of Israel before I can be saved and receive the Gospel of eternal life. This is what was being taught by Judaisers in Acts of the Apostles 15:1, and which the apostles discussed. Peter said that a) God had poured out his Spirit on Gentiles just as he had the Jews, and b) that they shouldn't put burdens onto the Gentiles which even the Jews had not been able to bear Acts of the Apostles 15:10-11.

Are you asking me because you want to know, because you don't understand what I said or because you are hoping to talk me round to your way of thinking?

1. Why
2. Yes the wages of sin is death. What is sin? How does God define it?
3. Yes He did.
4. Again, yes He did. But how does that relate to YOU regarding Jeremiah 31?
5. Who was the covenant with? Who was the new covenant with in Jeremiah 31?
6. My point to you is Romans 11 and Ephesians 2:11-19...

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟327,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you implying that I'm listening to someone other than God?

Of course you are. Much of your post directly contradicts Scripture. That is the reason why I replied in the first place. You recanted on your statement that the Pharisees were teaching God's Law, which is blatantly untrue according to scriptures. But you continue promoting religious philosophies which contradict scripture. Which is the reason why me and others are replying to your posts.

Ex. 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Rom. 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

I could go on and on, but to what end. You have been convinced by some voice that Paul isn't speaking to you here, or that God's instruction wasn't written for you. A very popular religious philosophy in the mainstream religions of this world. But a voice that contradicts the inspired Word's of God Himself.

He did not speak directly to Eve.
Eve hadn't been created when he spoke to Adam commanding him not to eat from the tree.

You have no evidence God didn't tell Eve face to face, what HE told Adam. God never said HE didn't tell Eve the same thing He told Adam. Eve said "God hath Said".

I don't know where you got this doctrine regarding Eve, But it wasn't from the Voice of God.

Are you implying that I'm listening to the voice of the evil one?

You are not listening to God, He said to obey Him. In fact, God said to obey Him over and over and over and over. The entire focus of all your posts is that God's instruction in the Law and Prophets wasn't written for you. I don't know what voice has convinced you God's instruction is not for you, but it wasn't the voice of God.

Voices like Paul, and the book of Hebrews, you mean?

You haven't yet defined what God's law is.
Does it include all the laws in Leviticus, or is it something else?

You are deflecting from my reply. Paul, an elder of the Christ's New Covenant Church, a preacher to the Gentiles, is telling them that this Law in Duet. was written for their Sake's no doubt. That is Paul's voice. But the entire focus of your posts is that God's Laws in Duet, or Leviticus were not written for you.

A direct contradiction to Paul. I don't know what voice convinced you that Paul's words didn't include you, but it wasn't the voice of God.

Jesus defined God's Laws we are to Live by as "Every Word which proceeds from the mouth of God". All of the examples of true faith in the Scriptures were men who follow the "Way of the Lord". They slipped from time to time, Paul said these things happened to them as Examples for us. But Every Righteous example of Faith, including Rehab, obeyed the Voice of God. It's in your own Bible.

What part of Paul's words don't I believe - the bit where he says that all Gentiles, after receiving the Gospel, must keep the law and be circumcised? Where is that bit again?

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should (ALL) repent and turn to God, (of the Bible) and do works meet for repentance.

Rom. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, (Transgress God's Law) because we are not under the law, (dead) but under grace? (Alive) God forbid. (That means NO!)

16 Know ye (New Covenant Believers) not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin (Transgression of God's Law) unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

I could go on and on. Your message and Paul's are opposite regarding Gentiles.

I don't know why you've made that judgement.

I'm reading your posts, and the judgments are from the Word of God.

I don't have a "religion", I have a relationship with Christ.

So did the Pharisees.

Why are you making the judgement that I am listening to "another voice", just because you don't appear to agree with/understand the principles of Biblical interpretation?

I don't disagree with the principle of Biblical interpretation, I disagree with your personal interpretation. Like the statement you made below;

"The Scriptures make it abundantly clear that the Jews were incapable of keeping the laws that God gave them,"

Some voice has convinced you that this is true.

But when a man actually goes to the Scriptures themselves, instead of just taking your voice for it, we find a completely different Truth. One that directly contradicts your religious philosophy.

Num. 14: 24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

1 Kings 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

1 Kings 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. 12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made. 13 And also Maachah his mother, even her he removed from being queen, because she had made an idol in a grove; and Asa destroyed her idol, and burnt it by the brook Kidron. 14 But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.

1 Kings 22:42 Jehoshaphat was thirty and five years old when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and five years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi.

43 And he walked in all the ways of Asa his father; he turned not aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of the LORD:

2 Kings 12:2 And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him.

2 Kings 18:2 Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father did.

6 For he clave to the LORD, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses.

I could go on and on. You have been convinced by some voice, "that the Jews were incapable of keeping the laws that God gave them"

But it is just a false teaching that no doubt you believe. It is obvious you didn't get this teaching from God as I have just posted His Words which completely contradict yours.

So you are listening to someone, some preacher somewhere, I don't know who. But you aren't listening to God because if you were, you would not make these ridiculous false statements.

I have no problem with those words of Jesus.
What I disagree with is the idea that because Jesus is the eternal Word who is one with God the Father, and because it was God the Father who gave Moses the law, that means that Jesus, indirectly, wrote the OT law. Therefore if anyone says they are following Jesus' example, they have to obey it. That doesn't follow.

You wouldn't be the first who didn't believe Jesus was the God of the OT who came to earth in the Flesh.

Are you saying that I'm doing that?

Yes, all the time. You only seem to consider the scripture that can be used to support your religious philosophy.

No, it's not.

So if it wasn't the voice of God who convinced you of these things, where did you hear it? You are making my point.

But the teaching that the old covenant is obsolete, is, Hebrews 8:13.

Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

You don't know what the Old Covenant is. If you did, you would know it wasn't God's Law that became obsolete, but the manner in which God's Law is administered, which became obsolete. It wasn't forgiveness of Sins which became obsolete, but the manner in which sins were atoned for, that became obsolete.

So also is Paul's teaching that people under the law are like Abraham's first son, born to a slave girl; while we are children of the promise, Galatians 4:21-31. Jesus was descended from Isaac, the child of the promise, not from Ishmael.

Paul is speaking of "Justification". All have sinned and are guilty. How is the guilt covered or removed. In the Old Covenant men were bound to take an animal of their flock to the Levite Priest, and basically purchase their atonement. There was no other way until the Lamb of God should come. When HE comes, HE takes over the Priesthood and justifies the sinner with His own Blood. But the Pharisees didn't believe Jesus was the Lamb of God. So they were still promoting the Levitical Priesthood "works of the Law" for justification even after the "SEED" had Come.

Paul is explaining that Abraham was also in sin when the Christ called him to deny himself, as Jesus requires of everyone. But Abraham's sins were not atoned for by the Levitical Priesthood "works of the law", as this Law wasn't even "ADDED" till 430 years after Abraham. Abraham was justified "apart" from the Laws of Justification given to Moses. Thus the two covenants. One in which atonement is gained by specific sacrificial "Works" performed exclusively by a Levite Priest. The other, in Abraham, in which Atonement was given because Abraham was faithful, he repented and turned to God in obedience. This is called Faith in God. One covenant, justification by sacrificial "Law of Works", the other covenant, justification by Law of Faith.

I would provide Scriptures, but you don't seem to give them much weight.

Are you saying that if I don't accept that every word of the Bible is applicable for us today, then I don't believe God?

You either believe that Paul is telling the truth, or you don't.

I guess that answers my question; so DO you believe that EVERY law written in Leviticus is to be obeyed today? If so, do you do it - including animal sacrifices?

Why would I continue animal sacrifices when the Law and Prophets promised of a time when the Christ will forgive my sins with His own blood? I will ask another question you will also most likely ignore. When God gave Levi the Priesthood, do you believe HE knew, or didn't know, that HE would become a man and take the Priesthood over?

I believe He knew. That would make the Levitical Priesthood with the "works of the Law" of Atonement, Temporary wouldn't it?

As for the Word of God being written for me, Paul says it was. I have no reason to listen to the "other voices" which imply Paul was lying.

You show me where Jesus, when he walked on earth, taught Gentiles to obey Jewish food and hygiene laws, and I'll obey them.

No you wouldn't. Your posts clearly show your disdain for the Scriptures. Besides, Jesus told me you will never be persuaded to "obey them".

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I have never seen even one time where the Word of God was not proven true.

"Inspired by God", and "applicable and have to be practiced by us today" are two different things.

Paul said both examples, of those who didn't believe God's Word and those who Did, were written Specifically for me, a New Covenant Believer. I have chosen to sign on to God's Program, despite all the "other voices" who preach His Program wasn't written except for men of a certain DNA..

Was Paul's instruction to Timothy to stop drinking water and start drinking wine, inspired by God? Does that mean we should drink 8 glasses of wine a day instead of 8 glasses of water?

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

LOL, Hey, you said you have a personal relationship with Jesus. Why don't try asking Him a question like this and see where it gets you.

Was Paul's teaching that widows under the age of 60 should not receive financial assistance from the church, 1 Timothy 5:11-15, because they are idle gossips, inspired by God? Does that mean that the church would tell a woman in her 40s whose husband has been killed in war, that she is on her own and deserves no help?

If that is your interpretation, then what can I say? There is a reason why Jesus' inspired Word is often in parables. You should check out HIS reason for doing so.

I disagree with you; yes.
I'm perfectly well aware of what the Gospel is, however.

You are promoting a gospel no doubt.

There's no point debating if you are going to make those sorts of judgements about me, no.
You couldn't be more wrong.

I am responding to your own words. It seems according to your religious philosophy, if I follow God's Word I will become a square bearded wino who neglects widows.

Yes, mine too.
But Jesus did not ever say that we will only receive his promises if we keep every word written in Leviticus.

Every Example of Faith given in Scriptures did obey God's Law, written in Leviticus.

Matt. 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Paul say that we have every spiritual blessing IN CHRIST; not by keeping the law.

Rom. 2:13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

What "Paul" are you listening to?

Oh I have.
I've been reading the Bible and following him for over 40 years; I know the One who is the Truth.

The Mainstream Preachers of Jesus Time had been reading the Scriptures for centuries.

1 Cor. 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

You might do well to Heed the Warnings.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this passage summarises the issue quite well.

The conclusion I have is that I am not under the Law but I am a slave to Righteousness.
His Love in our hearts is now the motivation to righteousness not the Law.
This is clear from the opening verses of 1 Cor 13.

Rom 7:
15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

20For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. 22But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,430.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because that was how mankind was to be reconciled to God.
Prophesied in the garden of Eden, Genesis 1:15, and through Abraham, Moses, Isaiah etc. Peter said that Jesus was the Lamb chosen from the foundation of the world. John the Baptist testified to him, John 1:29, and Jesus himself said that he had come to give his life as a ransom for many, Mark 10:45.

2. Yes the wages of sin is death. What is sin? How does God define it?

I meant to quote Romans 3:23 earlier.
Sin is falling short of the glory of God, opposing and rebelling against him. Satan and his angels tried to rebel against God and be greater than he; they were thrown out of heaven. Adam decided to disobey God, oppose what he wanted and go his own way; he was led put of the garden.

We all sin against God when we do things our way instead of his; trust in ourselves and believe that getting to heaven is about what we do.

4. Again, yes He did. But how does that relate to YOU regarding Jeremiah 31?

Not only do I believe in Jesus, the One who brought in and sealed the New Covenant; I am a child of God and an heir with Christ.
God's word IS in me; Jesus is God's Word and he lives in me through his Spirit.
God has forgiven my sins and made it possible for me to know him.
If Jesus hadn't died on the cross and reconciled us to God, none of this would be possible.

5. Who was the covenant with? Who was the new covenant with in Jeremiah 31?

I've already answered that.

6. My point to you is Romans 11 and Ephesians 2:11-19...

I am in the True Vine, John 15:5.

None of which has anything to do with the food and hygiene laws in Leviticus.

Upvote 0