yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE=
"Dkh587, "]Why? Christ and the Apostles taught from the Law & Prophets. Without the Law & Prophets, they wouldn’t have had anything to teach from.

Matter of fact, Christ & the Apostles were only able to teach the things they taught because of the Law & Prophets

Nobody in the Bible taught out of the New Testament, nor was there any such thing as a “New Testament” in circulation during the time of Christ or any of the Apostles.

The NT has no authority without the Law & Prophets.

It makes 0 sense to understand a book through the lens of the 2nd half of the book. Books are read and understood from start to finish, not midway to finish or finish to start.
[/QUOTE
=========^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS IS TRUE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The original OP asked about instantly being in Heaven/Hell or being unconscious until the resurrection (probably indecipherable to the individual). That’s what we are supposed to be discussing.
I’m torn on this issue. I can see both. Though, when I really think about it, does it matter? Either way, we will be in the presence of the Lord (or not) in what seems like an instant.
No need to be torn. Remember it is tradition opposed to Yahweh's Word that causes the endless arguments, deception, and strife ("to be torn")

Very excellent observation from Scripture, yes: > "in what seems like an instant". Yes, very good. This is in line with , in harmony with, all Scripture.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard something the other day I'd never even thought of and that is when we die, what happens?
i.e. Are we judged immediately and go to heaven/hell
Or do we sleep until judgement day when we are raised a judged.

In Acts chapter 7 when Stephen was stoned to death he "fell asleep".
When Lazarus was raised from the dead after 3 days, nothing is recorded as to what he said.
Did he sleep or did he experience heaven?

The story of Lazarus and the rich man implies when we die we go to heaven or hell. However is this just a parable to explain that even when someone is raised from the dead some still won't believe.

I'm sure there are many passages in the bible that would make an argument for both cases but I wondered what others thoughts on this were.

2 Corinthians 5:8, Eccl 12:7, 1 John 3:14, John 5:24 To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. At the resurrection the body is raised, changed (glorified) and re-united with the spirit.

Reactions: David_AB
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
2 Corinthians 5:8, Eccl 12:7, 1 John 3:14, John 5:24 To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. At the resurrection the body is raised, changed (glorified) and re-united with the spirit.

That merely means that when you sleep--the very next thing you will know is that you will be with God. You go to sleep--next thing you know is that alarm going off---seems like your head just hit that pillow.
That is what death is like. You go to sleep, next thing you will be aware of is that Jesus has called you awake. If you go directly to heaven--there is no need of a resurrection. God doesn't need the dead bones of an old body to resurrect us. He made Adam and Eve out of the dust He created. If there were bodiless souls in heaven--He could certainly make them a new body.
If you go directly to hell, there also is no need for a resurrection of the wicked for their judgement. They would already be in it. It makes zero sense to take them out of hell, give them bodies, judge them, and send them right back to hell.
There is no immortality of the soul. You will not find "immortal soul" anywhere in the bible.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Upvote 0

FatalFantasy

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
✟2,057.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard something the other day I'd never even thought of and that is when we die, what happens?
i.e. Are we judged immediately and go to heaven/hell
Or do we sleep until judgement day when we are raised a judged.

In Acts chapter 7 when Stephen was stoned to death he "fell asleep".
When Lazarus was raised from the dead after 3 days, nothing is recorded as to what he said.
Did he sleep or did he experience heaven?

The story of Lazarus and the rich man implies when we die we go to heaven or hell. However is this just a parable to explain that even when someone is raised from the dead some still won't believe.

I'm sure there are many passages in the bible that would make an argument for both cases but I wondered what others thoughts on this were.
How can the Bible make an argument for both cases?

Upvote 0