May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I highly suspect you don't know what you're talking about.

It's also poor reasoning:
1) Sex is for procreation
2) No other meaning can be derived
3) Therefore, without procreation sex is meaningless

The problem with your argument is in the second premise, since many have found meaning in sex outside of procreation. Hence why I have a vasectomy, but still love having sex. lol

I think you're conflating human sexuality, physiological sex, sex, and sexual reproduction.

I DID NOT SAY SEX

I SAID SEXUALITY - you don't need SEXUALITY for pleasure. The only thing you need it for is procreation.

Please read what is written, and ponder the words, rather than speeding through and seeing your own version.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Note the title of the thread mentions "sexuality," not "sex."

So, you're saying that "sexuality" is only needed for "sex," but that's not how it's typically defined. The ones I have read define sexuality as an aspect of our beings, and not only related to the ability to procreate.

If someone were to ask you who you are, it's quite normal to respond as "I am a man who..." or "I am a woman that..." Granted, some people believe that gender is a cultural construct, and I agree to an extent, just not that gender is a cultural fiction -- our concepts of gender evolved to help us make sense of what is really there, sexuality being a part of whatever that reality is.

In my mind, that all brings up the question for those who believe sexuality is eliminated upon death, resurrection or salvation: how much of our beings, exactly, will be eliminated, and why?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When interpreting "there is ... neither male nor female ... in Christ Jesus" there are a few possibilities here:

• Paul could have been implying that sex is eliminated upon transformation, whatever that is, such that both males and females lose their identity to some degree to become the same kind of thing, whatever that is (something androgynous presumably), as individuals.
  • He could have been speaking in legal terms only, as in males/females/Greeks/Jews in God's kingdom are all the same in the eyes of God.
  • He could have been speaking in a more mystical sense, as in both male and female become one, but without individuality being obliterated.
There could be more reasonable takes on that verse, and it's interesting to me that the majority of posters here predominantly seem to be taking the first option. It seems rather strange to me to be honest. Trinitarian theology even appears to me to point to the latter option, or something like it, as in the Father is not the Son, and the Son is not the Father, although they are and were united and are one God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I DID NOT SAY SEX

I SAID SEXUALITY - you don't need SEXUALITY for pleasure. The only thing you need it for is procreation.
I know what you said... and once again, you're completely wrong.

Human sexuality by definition isn't necessarily about procreation, you don't know what you're talking about:
"Human sexuality is the capacity of humans to have erotic experiences and responses. ... Sexuality may be experienced and expressed in a variety of ways; including thoughts, fantasies, desires, beliefs, attitudes, values, behaviors, practices, roles, and relationships.[2] These may manifest themselves in biological, physical, emotional, social, or spiritual aspects."
Sexual reproduction is about procreation:
Sexual reproduction - Wikipedia

Sexuality and sexual reproduction are different things, yet you keep conflating them.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know what you said... and once again, you're completely wrong.

Human sexuality by definition isn't necessarily about procreation

Of course it is.

Why on earth would the sexes come about if not as different roles in reproduction.

It's their raison d'etre.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without the sexes sexuality is a meaningless concept.
The raison d'etre of the sexes is procreation.
Incorrect, without philological sex, procreation is meaningless... not sexuality. I feel like we're going in circles, do more research.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Incorrect, without philological sex, procreation is meaningless... not sexuality. I feel like we're going in circles, do more research.

Sexuality is based in the sexes.

Hence SEXuality.

Just read the words I write, not what you think I have written, and take time to ponder what they mean instead of running back at me with your dogma.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Sex" (an action) is not the same as "sex" (a form of individual).

Use the words I use and there will be no confusion.

SEXUALITY (longer word) is meaningless without the SEXES (still longer word)

The Raison d'etre of the SEXES (again, longer word) is procreation.

/out

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

Christian near death experiencer Dr. Richard Eby
reports being shown a neuter body. I believe that
what he reports fits with II Corinthians 12:2-4.

4. A Detailed Description of Dr. Eby's Spirit Body
"Lord Jesus, why am I now a neuter? I was a man."

Jesus replied:

"Yes, Dick, you were always a man, a child of God who returned our love by telling others of the good news about me. Remember? You read in my book the very first order I gave to Adam and Eve? 'Be fruitful and multiply!' I told them to replenish the Earth, not heaven. Again I told the Sadducees (who did not believe in a resurrection) that they 'knew not the scriptures' when they speculated about wives in heaven. I explained that after the resurrection all would be like angels who do not marry nor raise families. Everything in heaven is created or re-created into perfection! It is all in my book. None other is truth!" (Dr. Richard Eby, near-death
.com/science/articles/richard-eby-and-secomd-coming-of-christ.html#a04

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gender is a part of our identity. Theres no reason to believe it won't carry over to the next life. To think God will strip us of our genitals, of our identity and make us like the angels is absurd. He wants a family of sons and daughters not another set of angels.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexuality is based in the sexes.

Hence SEXuality.

Just read the words I write, not what you think I have written, and take time to ponder what they mean instead of running back at me with your dogma.
All I can do at this point, is encourage you to do more research.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Gender is a part of our identity. Theres no reason to believe it won't carry over to the next life. To think God will strip us of our genitals, of our identity and make us like the angels is absurd. He wants a family of sons and daughters not another set of angels.

On the other hand Adam and Eve had to repopulate the earth......
not heaven.

Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The problem here is that people assume that angels are androgynous, in part because of that verse. The rest of scripture points to the contrary.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found this interesting tidbit which i dont disagree with at all.

The confusion about genderless angels comes from a misreading of Matthew 22:30, which states that there will be no marriage in heaven because we “will be like the angels in heaven.” The fact that there will be no marriage has led some to believe that angels are “sexless” or genderless because (the thinking goes) the purpose of gender is procreation and, if there is to be no marriage and no procreation, there is no need for gender. But this is a leap that cannot be proven from the text. The fact that there is no marriage does not necessarily mean there is no gender. The many references to angels as males contradict the idea of genderless angels. Angels do not marry, but we can’t make the leap from “no marriage” to “no gender.”-Dr Michael H Yeager

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why would God make sex pleasurable... what you're saying isn't logical.

Sexual pleasure and other feelings like hunger is made so we procreate and eat, otherwise we will become extinct.

We also have the emotion of fear and then pain for self preservation.

We won't be needing such things in immortality (indestructibility).

If you're actually suggesting that Christianity teaches married couples can't take pleasure in sex, I think that would be the last straw for me... I mean, that really takes the cake

In this world of the perishable, we do need it, otherwise, we will go extinct.

Upvote 0