Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We can do the math if you like.

Adam and Eve were married in paradise, and were unashamed.
Jesus, on the cross stated "You will be with me in paradise," to the thief.

Now if shame has entered the picture, and we now habitually slander the truth, how can we even enter paradise so as to find out whether or not sexuality will still exist?

I think the more pertinent question is, if we cannot even accept the possibility that paradise has never changed, should we rather be asking if hell is free of sexuality?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The reason, I ask because it said we are no longer given in marriage and we are like angels. So are just stop being sexual brings? Sex is big part of being human after all. Your input brothers and Sister in Christ.

Danny

There is no reproduction there.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Theres also no starvation there yet food. Hmm.

Heaven vs Jannah: Assessing the Dilemma

How can one imagine a Holy and righteous omniscient and Omnipotent God wanting to watch his creation have sex in his Holy kingdom of absolute glory. People should have more respect for God Almighty. Why would you want to disrespect him by following a religion that contains such things, and even making them important factors to motivate believers to fight and die in the cause of Allah? Heaven is about fellowship and worship of God, our creator. It is about love, real love, not carnal sexual desire. Christ has risen and he is Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Danny

The bible says we take off corruptible and put on incorruptible. And the bible doesn't describe angels having mirage becuase they are spiritually in a relationship with JESUS, we will have a relationship like that. No sex or anything just us worshiping JESUS.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sex is big part of being human after all.

The (corrupt) human nature.

"The Kingdom of God is filled with these" (referring to the ones who are like innocent little children)

Do innocent little children think about sex?

I'd say it's leaning towards a no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Danny
The resurrected are promised that they will inherit the Earth. Weird that people forget that promise. So it's not just a matter of the resurrected being unable to marry in heaven.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is hard to imagine having sex in heaven but if its not hard to imagine eating in heaven why sex? Of course by heaven i'm talking about the next life and the new earth. People think we will be in heaven in the next life but thats not what revelation says. Sex itself is not sin or bad in any way. It can be abused sure but so can food.

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We will be on the earth not in heaven. I don't think theres sex in heaven but on a new earth I see nothing unbiblical about that.

If we will keep our bodies. But a transformation in our bodies will take place. The Bible doesn't say much detail about it but basically, it's indestructible. If we cannot die then there's no need to reproduce. The role of reproduction is to perpetuate our species. If immortal then what's the point of reproduction, the effect will not be sustainable and even detrimental to the Universe.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If we will keep our bodies. But a transformation in our bodies will take place. The Bible doesn't say much detail about it but basically, it's indestructible. If we cannot die then there's no need to reproduce. The role of reproduction is to perpetuate our species. If immortal then what's the point of reproduction, the effect will not be sustainable and even detrimental to the Universe.
Revelation describes a great slaughter of the wicked at Armageddon. So Earth's human population will suffer a drastic reduction at that point.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well now we are getting into some deep concepts. I will say this why assume humans need to reproduce to have sex. Most people have sex now for fun. Jesus ate food for fun not out of necessity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We can do the math if you like.

Adam and Eve were married in paradise, and were unashamed.
Jesus, on the cross stated "You will be with me in paradise," to the thief.

Now if shame has entered the picture, and we now habitually slander the truth, how can we even enter paradise so as to find out whether or not sexuality will still exist?

I think the more pertinent question is, if we cannot even accept the possibility that paradise has never changed, should we rather be asking if hell is free of sexuality?

What does married mean in the context of a sinless world? Marriage today is defined by rights and responsibilities that result from a fallen world.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Danny

I don't think it is something that we will care much about to be honest. Sex is given to us by God to become one with our spouse both physically and spiritually. Sex is both for our enjoyment, and reproduction during our time on Earth. In heaven and after the resurrection of our bodies, we will be in such a state of awe and joy being with God, that we will no longer care for or need it.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we cannot die then there's no need to reproduce. The role of reproduction is to perpetuate our species. If immortal then what's the point of reproduction, the effect will not be sustainable and even detrimental to the Universe.
I have used this logic to go a long way to postulate that Adam and Eve were never created to live forever in the garden of Eden. Eventually the earth would be overflowing with people, which I believe was the case during the flood. If people lived forever and reproduced forever, eventually the limits of the earth would be reached.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First recognize that having sex is the same as marriage in God's eye. Further note that sex and marriage has the purpose of reproduction. Now look what scripture says.

Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.

Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and
they become one flesh.

Matthew 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

The consequences of sex is reproduction. The act creates a union of flesh, they become one. Now Jesus clearly states there will be no unions of people to each other in heaven or the next age.

From this I conclude that if there is no reproduction, there is no need for reproductive organs. Jesus says we will be like angels in heaven. So I say there will be no gender in our resurrected bodies.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The definition of sexuality is reproduction.

The original source of sexuality was reproduction.
There are many sexual things, but scores of
offspring is not often considered sexual.

092110_bryan_masche_raisingsextuplets_portrait11__oPt.jpg

Upvote 0