✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To All,

The subject in this Thread remains whether 1 Thess. 5 condemns the "church" to the same Darkness as the world regarding Jesus' return, or whether we are promised the LIGHT and knowledge of HIS return. And if the LIGHT, then the time of his return.

And to be perfectly accurate, -- if there were a multi-day feast, exactly which day or hour is indeterminable. But we CAN know the FEAST. And if we know the FEAST, then the millennia (1,000), daytona (500), century (100), score (20), decade (10), year (1), and season should be elementary.

And given the premise proposed by J.R. Church, author of "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", those anticipating future events can be informed.

With Best Regards,
DaDad
You are misinterpreting the point of why Paul said that his disciples were not in darkness. He's not saying that the "light" is understanding the time of Christ's return. For that would be going against God's word when Christ said "no one will know the day or the hour." But rather he is saying the true light of Christ is with you to keep yourself READY for the return of Christ.

Have you not read the parable of the 10 virgins? This is all he is pointing out. That they are the 5 wise virgins who trust and rely on God and not their own victuals to get them to the end. We don't have to know the time of the end to be READY for the time of the end. Which is why it says this:

Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
~Luke 12:35-36

You are mistaken in the entire premise here. The light of Christ is with us so that we stay VIGILANT. It has nothing to do with knowing the time of his return.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that while we may not know the day or the hour, we can certainly know that it is getting nearer. If the period of 490 years in Daniel 9 is completed, then we know it is any day after that time.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that Scriptures were divided in chapters back then .

Hi,
I don't think that GOD is unaware that we use the Gregorian calendar, or that English is the world's language, or that the Scriptures are "ordered" into Books, Chapters, and Verses.

Perhaps parents babbled to us when we're infants, but used complex language as we became adults. And so too GOD addresses us today in the vernacular in which we are accustomed.

Perhaps you should investigate to your own satisfaction whether the Historical Psalms align with Modern History, given the premise that this Book is Prophetic to the Jews for the 1900's and into the 2000's. Taste the "pudding" for yourself!

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
I don't think that GOD is unaware that we use the Gregorian calendar, or that English is the world's language, or that the Scriptures are "ordered" into Books, Chapters, and Verses.

Perhaps parents babbled to us when we're infants, but used complex language as we became adults. And so too GOD addresses us today in the vernacular in which we are accustomed.

Perhaps you should investigate to your own satisfaction whether the Historical Psalms align with Modern History, given the premise that this Book is Prophetic to the Jews for the 1900's and into the 2000's. Taste the "pudding" for yourself!

With Best Regards,
DaDad

The one who desire to change the time and laws is the anti-christ . I don't think that it was God's will for us to change to Gregorian calendar .

Daniel 7:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... If the period of 490 years in Daniel 9 is completed, then we know it is any day after that time.

If you've ever seen the movie "The Princess Bride", you know that nobody comes out of the "fireswamp". And so too, nobody is able to correctly interpret the Book of Daniel UNTIL THE TIME OF THE END. As already explained, you have applied a "concise" Feminine Gender interpretation for an "inconcise" Masculine Gender text. Please use the proper gender for your interpretation.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I don't think ...

Perhaps you should let GOD do the "thinking".

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord...

Do the Chapters of the 19th Book of the Bible depict events of the 1900's for the Jews, Chapter for Year?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you've ever seen the movie "The Princess Bride", you know that nobody comes out of the "fireswamp". And so too, nobody is able to correctly interpret the Book of Daniel UNTIL THE TIME OF THE END. As already explained, you have applied a "concise" Feminine Gender interpretation for an "inconcise" Masculine Gender text. Please use the proper gender for your interpretation.

With Best Regards,
DaDad
There are no gender problems in English. Why don't you explain yourself and what is the problem here? You are just sitting back trying to look smart but you are not trying to come to the knowledge of the truth. A tell tale sign of someone who is "puffed up with knowledge." And so you are.

But I have given the correct interpretation of Daniel 9 although I've written briefly. What do you want me to do? Tell you how the whole thing is set up? That would take very long and I don't think you are a very good student here. You haven't been interested in coming to the knowledge of the truth from the beginning, so why would you now?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Do the Chapters of the 19th Book of the Bible depict events of the 1900's for the Jews, Chapter for Year?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

You said let God do the thinking then you quoted God saying let us think together instead of for example listen to my commandments .So you contradicted yourself ...

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

With Best Regards,
DaDad
Dude this is so baseless! Why don't you apply that logic to the whole scripture?! Because you CAN'T!

It is obviously coincidences with NO substance that have nothing to do with the word of God.

If you even thought about it for a minute you see how baseless it is. The 19th book of the bible would refer to the 19th century NOT the 1900's which is the 20th century. There is nothing here to learn from.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no gender problems in English. ...

There is also only ONE "love" in English. But the Original text used Agape, Phileo, & Eros. Perhaps the English version is faulty. Please use the ORIGINAL text.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said let God do the thinking then you quoted God saying let us think together instead of for example listen to my commandments .So you contradicted yourself ...

I'm not sure why you've closed your mind to what GOD is attempting to provide. Did you "taste the pudding"? Are you allowing GOD to speak to you, or are you doing all the "thinking" by yourself?!?

And yes, if you come away disputing the J.R. Church premise, at least you've done the taste test!

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure why you've closed your mind to what GOD is attempting to provide. Did you "taste the pudding"? Are you allowing GOD to speak to you, or are you doing all the "thinking" by yourself?!?

And yes, if you come away disputing the J.R. Church premise, at least you've done the taste test!

With Best Regards,
DaDad
You are no different from a gnostic. Puffed up by the appearance of knowledge. You'll see this on that day you go to hide yourself.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

With Best Regards,
DaDad

God is speaking to us throught his word , unless you are given a prophecy from him . Do you claim to be given one ?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As I've consistently suggested:

1. PLEASE use the ORIGINAL Hebrew Scriptural Text to formulate your interpretations. The Daniel 9 "weeks" are in the inconcise Masculine Gender Text, NOT the concise Feminine Gender which you apply. Specifically, the seventy "weeks" ARE NOT 490 years, Scripturally or Historically. The Abbington's Commentary says there are a "legion" of interpretations for Daniel 9, to which I would propose that there are NONE!

2. Scripture says to "try the Spirits". PLEASE evaluate the Chapters of the Book of Psalms to see for yourself whether they align with the events of the 1900's and into the 2000's for the Jews.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is speaking to us through his word , unless you are given a prophecy from him . Do you claim to be given one ?

Jesus told John's disciples to report to John Baptist:

Matt. 11:5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepersa are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and good news is preached to the poor.

1 Cor 14 says to judge the prophets, and thereby the apostles, evangelists, pastors, & teachers.

I have cited the Scriptures. Did you judge whether the 19th Book of the Bible is Prophetic for the 1900's and into the 2,000's, chapter for year? -- I.e., Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; Book 19 Chapter 91 = 1991 Desert Storm; Book 19 Chapter 109 = 2009 U.S. President Obama; etc.

One of my favorites is Psalms 24, immediately subsequent to the most quoted Chapter in the world, -- the 23rd Psalms. I believe it is here where you should find the "going forth of the word" which Young insisted was a dictate DIRECTLY FROM GOD. -- Please note the "ancient" door & gates, which would have have not been "ancient" when the text was written, unless this passage was intended for an era approximate to 1948.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus told John's disciples to report to John Baptist:

Matt. 11:5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepersa are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and good news is preached to the poor.

1 Cor 14 says to judge the prophets, and thereby the apostles, evangelists, pastors, & teachers.

I have cited the Scriptures. Did you judge whether the 19th Book of the Bible is Prophetic for the 1900's and into the 2,000's, chapter for year? -- I.e., Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; Book 19 Chapter 91 = 1991 Desert Storm; Book 19 Chapter 109 = 2009 U.S. President Obama; etc.

One of my favorites is Psalms 24, immediately subsequent to the most quoted Chapter in the world, -- the 23rd Psalms. I believe it is here where you should find the "going forth of the word" which Young insisted was a dictate DIRECTLY FROM GOD. -- Please note the "ancient" door & gates, which would have have not been "ancient" when the text was written, unless this passage was intended for an era approximate to 1948.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

So you say Obama is the antichrist ?
If 19th book of the bible is prophetic for 1900 then 66th book of the bible is prophetic for which year ?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you say Obama is the antichrist ?
If 19th book of the bible is prophetic for 1900 then 66th book of the bible is prophetic for which year ?

To quote a line in the movie "WaterBoy" by football linebacker Lawrence Taylor: Don't smoke crack!

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As I've consistently suggested:

1. PLEASE use the ORIGINAL Hebrew Scriptural Text to formulate your interpretations. The Daniel 9 "weeks" are in the inconcise Masculine Gender Text, NOT the concise Feminine Gender which you apply. Specifically, the seventy "weeks" ARE NOT 490 years, Scripturally or Historically. The Abbington's Commentary says there are a "legion" of interpretations for Daniel 9, to which I would propose that there are NONE!

2. Scripture says to "try the Spirits". PLEASE evaluate the Chapters of the Book of Psalms to see for yourself whether they align with the events of the 1900's and into the 2000's for the Jews.

With Best Regards,
DaDad
A "week" is known and always has been known to be a period of 7 years. This is a common phrase. Everybody knows this. So you are puffed up with knowledge and are therefore UNWILLING for any simple solution that stares you in the face. You always have to complicate it because you are actually obfuscating the word of God! Your judgment is not asleep.

Complete the week of this one, and we will give you the other also in return for serving me another seven years.” ~Genesis 29:27

Secondly, I've already tested your theory on the events of the 1900's and the chapters of the book of Psalms and it is baseless, without substance. The taste would be saltless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A "week" is known and always has been known to be a period of 7 years. This is a common phrase. Everybody knows this. ...

I'll be the FIRST to agree that most of the commentators agree with YOU! Unfortunately, Young, Kiel, & Kliefoth have determined that the literal Hebrew text is in the inconcise Masculine Gender rather that the concise Feminine Gender.

It's no different than when Jesus said to Peter, "Do you love me?", and Peter said, "... you know I love you". The Original text says "agape"/"phileo", but English doesn't carry the distinction.

So to your point, "everybody knows" that Peter's love for Jesus is reciprocated. -- NOT.

Secondly, I've already tested your theory on the events of the 1900's and the chapters of the book of Psalms and it is baseless, without substance. ...

It's not my theory. The credit belongs to J.R. Church, who had the TV Show "Prophecy In The News", and passed away several years ago. -- I merely validate his premise from an independent perspective.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To All,

The challenge is quite simple. If you pick a significant event for the nation of Israel since the 1900's, typical of the International Recognition of the State of Israel in 1948, does the 19th Book of the Bible, and the 48th Chapter (19 + 48 = 1948) prophetically coincide with that history?

If you (as others in this forum have) assert that there's no correlation, then please help me understand which aspects you disagree with so that I may be "corrected".

However, if the most apparent Chapter DOES appear to coincide, then would the next most apparent Chapter (Book 19, Chapter 91 = 1991 Desert Storm) also coincide with Jewish history for that year?

And finally, as proposed in the initial Post of this Topic, if Psalms 118 along with Chapters 117 & 119 provide a statistically significant (say ... one in 26 billion) coincidence in construction, would one expect an equally significant historical event? And could that historical event be the start of the 42 month Tribulation (Ref. Rev. 13:5)?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0