Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the ongoing discussion of timing and our own urgency or not is okay but I question the promotion of Scripture - endtimes dating...

Our hope is that this forum will help believers to focus on:
  • prepping for self-reliance and self sufficiency
  • prepping as an function of Christian fellowship and sharing
  • church prepping activity to help feed the hungry
  • family-centric prepping which is the core of prepping responsibility
  • good stewardship of the resources God has provided

I like the thread itself, myself... to keep us aware and to sort through our own concerns and beliefs... so let's keep it that way so it won't have to be closed?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the ongoing discussion of timing and our own urgency or not is okay but I question the promotion of Scripture - endtimes dating...

I like the thread itself, myself... to keep us aware and to sort through our own concerns and beliefs... so let's keep it that way so it won't have to be closed?

Dear drjean,
I appreciate your prepping interest, and your apprehensions. If there were a PM I'd like to have an in-depth conversation regarding prepping but if there's a PM on this forum I haven't found it.

Regarding end-times dating, it seems that many Christians are afraid because we've been brainwashed into thinking ~no man knows the hour, day, week, month, season, year (1), decade (10), score (20), century (100), daytona (500), or millennia (1,000)~. The church distorts what the Scripture says, but I follow what it says.

As provided previously, if there is a multi-day feast, we CANNOT know the day or the hour, but we can know the YEAR and the FEAST!

So the question is, do we follow man or GOD? And if GOD, then what does Scripture say regarding the YEAR?!?

J.R. Church proposed in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms" that Scripture provides insight for the YEAR. -- I'm not too worried about which FEAST Jesus will return during, as I expect the Fall Season, and am satisfied with that approximation.

The remaining question is whether the church prefers to remain in darkness, or enter into the LIGHT of GOD's Word!

1 Thess 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

For a "bonifide", the church teaches us that Daniel 2 depicts the following sequence: Gold/Babylonian, Silver/Medo-Persian, Bronze/Grecian, Iron/Roman, Iron-Clay/Revived Roman. Which is to say: 1, 2, 3, 4a, 4b. But I assert that verse 45 disputes this, providing the sequence: 4, 3, 5, 2, 1 = FIVE separate and distinct world empires, of which the Fifth is "divided" between three superpowers and the United Nations.

So if I'm wrong in this SIMPLE concept, then please provide the significance of the verse 45 -- 4, 3, 5, 2, 1 -- sequence! But if I'm correct in the SIMPLE, then maybe I'm also correct in the complex!

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find many indepth discussions in this forum; I am unsure of what you seek. :idea:

This forum is considered a "safe" forum... free from political debate and I thought also in-depth discussions/debates about endtimes...meaning a proselytizing of one view or another.

I could be wrong though, have been before.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This forum is considered a "safe" forum... free from ... proselytizing of one view or another.

Hi drjean,
I agree with your concern. And the type of "proselytizing" on a Christian Forum I'm most concerned with is the "Sunday christian" type, where GOD's Word is merely a suggestion, and not necessarily foundational.

I, on the other hand, believe Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

But once again, if the "church" can't get the SIMPLE Daniel Chapter 2 correct, how can it attempt the complex?

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please allow me to re-post #40 per the following:

To All,

The challenge is quite simple. If you pick a significant event for the nation of Israel since the 1900's, typical of the International Recognition of the State of Israel in 1948, does the 19th Book of the Bible, and the 48th Chapter (19 + 48 = 1948) prophetically coincide with that history?

If you (as others in this forum have) assert that there's no correlation, then please help me understand which aspects you disagree with so that I may be "corrected".

However, if the most apparent Chapter DOES appear to coincide, then would the next most apparent Chapter (Book 19, Chapter 91 = 1991 Desert Storm) also coincide with Jewish history for that year?

And finally, as proposed in the initial Post of this Topic, if Psalms 118 along with Chapters 117 & 119 provide a statistically significant (say ... one in 26 billion) coincidence in construction, would one expect an equally significant historical event? And could that historical event be the start of the 42 month Tribulation (Ref. Rev. 13:5)?
With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't get me wrong, I look daily, hourly, for the rapture! THAT is one crown I will be getting ! :D

I am pre-trib for sure.... and believe that what we are seeing re prophecy being fulfilled is connected to the tribulational time, when I am not here... :D

BUT my premise is "be ye also ready"... my spirit is ready for the rapture, but I also plan for any delay the LORD may give the lost to come to Him. You will not see me sitting on a mountaintop doing nothing but waiting. As I said in other threads, I am not prepping for tribulational time, I am prepping for hard times that may come "tomorrow" prior to the rapture.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I am prepping for hard times that may come "tomorrow" prior to the rapture.

Hi drjean,
I think if you consider Rev. 20 you should find that the "rapture" appears to occur at the End of the Millennial Reign. And so any "preparation" you are working toward, will undoubtedly pay benefits.

And if I might, -- per my last post, I believe there may be sufficient circumstances to expect that we may have already entered the 42 month Tribulation.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
According to the Prophetic Psalms concept as proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", it appears that Psalms 118 (for Book 19, Chapter 118 = the year 19 -- 118 = 2018) is a SIGNIFICANT YEAR.
Psalms 117 is the Shortest Chapter and also the Middle Chapter in ALL Scripture; Psalms 118 is 70 years after the International Recognition of the State Of Israel; and Psalms 119 is the Longest Chapter in all Scripture.
And given that the Trump Administration has recognized that Jerusalem is the Capital if Israel, it seems history agrees with the Scriptural Significance. But to what end? Certainly one could anticipate that the beginning of the 42 month Tribulation (Rev. 13:5) might have a Scripturally and Historically founded Significance, -- and I would propose this linkage.
So for all those people actively Preparing, one might be well considered to anticipate the above time-line which 1 Thess 5 accommodates:
2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
With Best Regards,
DaDad

I love the verse you quoted: people forget the Redeemer Himself said that we are not to be in darkness... that we should watch, and that it would not catch us like a thief if we watch.

I would say the countdown of 1290 days (+45 = 1335 days) can start when the abominations that cause desolation has been set up. According to Daniel 11-12, the man of perdition will already be here before the abomination that creates desolation is set up.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2018
New Jersey
✟10,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a interesting topic. I questioned writing a comment but I had a couple questions, they may be dumb especially since I’m not sure who J.R Church was. But I do now from a google search.

But my first question is if God is soposed to rapture Christians before everything goes crazy why would a Christian need to prep since they will be gone before everything?

Also if God said we will never know when he comes why do people think there are clues to when he’s coming hidden in the Bible? If he wanted people to know he could have just said it right?

It’s probobly a dumb question since I never read his books or maybe I missed something. Interesting post though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a interesting topic. I questioned writing a comment but I had a couple questions, they may be dumb especially since I’m not sure who J.R Church was. But I do now from a google search.

But my first question is if God is supposed to rapture Christians before everything goes crazy why would a Christian need to prep since they will be gone before everything?

Also if God said we will never know when he comes why do people think there are clues to when he’s coming hidden in the Bible? If he wanted people to know he could have just said it right?

It’s probably a dumb question since I never read his books or maybe I missed something. Interesting post though.

Hi "Lost",

Jesus used parables to conceal the TRUTH from the world, but provide it to his children. And so Scripture provides conceals/provides information. Take the most SIMPLE prophetic Chapter, Daniel 2, which the commentators account for a 1,2,3,4a,4b sequence, but verse 45 provides a 4,3,5,2,1 sequence which is Historical,, -- but the church is deaf, dumb, and blind.

So if Scripture is correct that the "dead" arise first, and then they which are alive and remain shall be "caught up", then if we follow the "dead" then those who remain "alive" are raptured accordingly:

Rev. 20:7 And when the thousand years are ended, ...
... 13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.

But apparently some doctrines supersede Scripture, and thus the pre/mid/post - tribulation dis-information.

And where Scripture virtually always accounts for the sinners to be REMOVED, this false doctrine asserts that the Christians are removed. And of course, if "removed", then what? Do they return with the conquering Jesus?

Rev. 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

So now that you've been pre-warned, you can be pre-pared.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But my first question is if God is soposed to rapture Christians before everything goes crazy why would a Christian need to prep since they will be gone before everything?

Exactly that , we don't prep food to go throught but we prep by winning as much Souls as we can before time is over because we know the TERROR of the LORD .
2 Corinthians 5:11

Jesus said it will be like in days of Noah .
Noah knew 7 days prior to rain happening maybe we will too ?

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2018
New Jersey
✟10,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting, thanks for both of your answers. I’m going to have to read revelations again. I read it once but that was awhile ago.

I don’t know how to quote someone on here but what Chinchilla said “we don’t prep food to go through we prep by winning as much souls as we can before time is over.”
So Christians Preping for the end is different than regular Preping like Doomsday Prepers who move off the grid and stock food and everything. Ok that makes sense, they want to save more people before times up.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Christians Preping for the end is different than regular Preping like Doomsday Prepers who move off the grid and stock food and everything. Ok that makes sense, they want to save more people before times up.

Hi "Lost",
I don't see any difference. We "prepare" because Bible Prophecy warns us what is coming. -- Please note that thousands of Jews fled Europe before the "doors" closed. They were smart, and I would propose that we too should be smart.
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have quite a while... In my VERY humble opinion. Pulling out now would be like ending the game in the middle of the forth quarter.:groupray:

Hi Didaskalos,
As provided previously, I expect that we have two years to prepare for the third difficult year. And if you consider how much progress a person can make in two years, my last two years were very busy but they hardly made a dent in all that I still need to do.
In football, the last two minutes are a flurry of quick snaps, time-outs, and no-huddles. -- And the Japanese had a saying: Train hard, fight easy. It seems good advice to: Prepare hard, live easy.
Thanks,
DaDad

• Useful
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think, with all that is going on in the Lord's work, that we do have more time to prepare!
As you wish, -- but it seems smarter to be Over-Prepared than Under-Prepared, or even worse, NOT-Prepared. And a little over two years isn't much time to prepare for up to a year of deprivations, until the Millennial Kingdom is fully up and running.
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we know, that the interpretation of the prophecy will UNDOUBTEDLY be before the events take place.

That makes sense - there's no point discovering the prophecies after the events have happened in this case since these are the last events. Future generations wouldn't benefit from it. I think the secrets are there to be discovered - God himself will choose the person or persons.

The only problem i can see is the problem we have here - how is that person going to influence the rest of us that his/her interpretation is valid amongst the thousands of alternative competing theories? You've seen the arguments and disagreements on this Forum - everyone has their own idea so it seems - so even the correct prophetic interpretation is going to be ignored as the self will only listen to the self :) I don't think the words " God revealed it to me will work" ;)

• Agree
Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I don't think the words " God revealed it to me will work" ;)
Hi FIRESTORM314,
Deut. 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you need not be afraid of him.

It seems that past performance is an indicator of future reliability. For example, J.R. Church wrote a book titled "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", where he proposed that this 19th Book of the Bible is prophetic to the Jews for the 1900's, Chapter for year, such that Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948,the International Recognition of the State of Israel; Book 19, chapter 44 = 1944, the Holocaust; etc. -- Of course, the more you know about modern Jewish history from their perspective, the more the Chapters align.

And given this premise we should be able to anticipate FUTURE events with confidence. -- And I have NO PROBLEM with Future Events.

With Best Regards,
DaDad

Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0