DO We Have Free Will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
O... The Lord confirmed what He had already taught me privately when I found out what Calvinism was.)

It's wonderful to know someone that actually reads the Bible.

th

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's wonderful to know someone that actually reads the Bible.

th

:wave: Hi brother!

Yeah, years ago, He put an insatiable hunger in me for the scriptures and I was like a ravenous person! He sure didn't hold anything back when I asked Him for answers. Honestly, I had never heard the terms "Calvinism" or "Arminianism" until I came these threads. The Spirit had spent years teaching me as I read the scriptures. So, you could say, I am a "Calvinist" but only because of what the Spirit had already taught me years before, just He and I with the scriptures. No pastor, book or program showed me this.

This verse is one of my favorites to describe my journey:
Galations 1:12..."I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."

Sadly, when you quote this verse to people, they feel you are just being prideful.... :confused:

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

It is my understanding that Calvinists believe that God has ordained, elected, or predestined some to salvation and some to perdition. Am I correct in my understanding? If not correct me and make a plain statement as to what you believe in this area. Thanks.

Sorry, I'd read past this, hence my lack of response.

Yes, I agree with that statement. There may be nuances to discuss but presumably they'll come up in your response.

Your turn...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.