Do ugly women have a right to beautify themselves?..

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apostoles Paul and Peter told women should not beautufy themselves. But is this not unfair to ugly women? They don't get married then anymore these days, they don't even get friends. They feel bad and have lowsy self esteem. They get bullied and discriminated. It's hard to get educated and succeed on corrier. Naturally beautiful women live a happy life. Little work with face and hair could help a lot.
The texts are talking about over doing it and depending on it. There's nothing wrong with beautification, but conceit is another issue. The Apostles are not against it as long as one is not consumed by it.

[Pro 31:30 NIV] Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

[Pro 11:22 NIV] Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.

Upvote 0

Roosamaria

Aug 5, 2007
✟17,884.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Self confidence goes a long way towards being attractive. I recommend dressing for yourself, not men or women. When you are comfortable with your own style that makes you feel beautiful then you will more likely feel and appear confident. Make up, hair, bust size, butt size, etc are far less important than personality when it comes to forming a relationship bond that leads to marriage and maintains that marriage.
I'm sorry but I've come to the opposite conclusion... To me it clearly seems that looks matter a lot more in this world that I ever had realized before. Even the bust size. But I'm not looking for a man anyway, I already have kids. I only want to be respected and treated equally with others in my own groups. But I know looks don't matter to God anything. But for people in this world it matters very much. I live in a bullies' promised country and here you really must earn friends and respect. If you are nothing you get nothing just out of mercy. I also live in capital which makes all even worse in this area. Ugly people get nothing here but disrespect. At least with women it's like this.

Upvote 0

Roosamaria

Aug 5, 2007
✟17,884.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
But I believe Paul and Peter were apostoles of Jesus and I want to respect their words. There are also little different translations and I think my translation is somehow more strickt than the one somebody quoted here.

One more phrase that has surprised me:

"Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number." (Jer. 2:32)

In this verse God doesn't judge beautification in anyway but compares it to relationship with God.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0