USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your crawfishing now. All of these men were wealthy and counted righteous by God. They were rich in possessions and they will enter heaven if they haven’t already. So it’s obvious that what Jesus said was meant metaphorically not literally. If you say that what He said was literal then none of these men will enter heaven which would contradict the scriptures that say that God counted these men as righteous.

Jesus was saying it is very difficult for a rich person to enter heaven. He was not saying it is impossible.
well Jesus said exactly " With men this is impossible; " so I assume that what you mean is that he meant difficult even though it says "is impossible."

Think about how many doctrines we can create if we make it acceptable to say, "I know the bible says exactly this, but what it really means is that."

This is a very slippery slope.

Behold, let me show you a mystery. It would be a waste of time to discuss anything spiritual with one who is rich. They must, first, be willing to give up all of their riches......every single penny.....before it would even be possible for them to see anything spiritual. For this reason, I do not waste time in any discussions with them. Yet, those who are poor before truth is revealed.....becomes rich after.....

You may not understand this now....but in time.......you may.

Thanks for the conversation.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well Jesus said exactly " With men this is impossible; " so I assume that what you mean is that he meant difficult even though it says "is impossible."

Think about how many doctrines we can create if we make it acceptable to say, "I know the bible says exactly this, but what it really means is that."

Behold, let me show you a mystery. It would be a waste of time to discuss anything spiritual with one who is rich. They must, first, be willing to give up all of their riches......every single penny.....before it would even be possible for them to see anything spiritual. For this reason, I do not waste time in any discussions with them. Yet, those who are poor before truth is revealed.....becomes rich after.....

You may not understand this now....but in time.......you may.

But with God all things are possible. You only quoted half of that verse. All of the wealthy men I mentioned are with God. So again you’ve still failed to provide any evidence that it is impossible for a rich man to enter heaven because rich men can submit themselves to God as I have already proven by the scriptures.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But with God all things are possible. You only quoted half of that verse. All of the wealthy men I mentioned are with God. So again you’ve still failed to provide any evidence that it is impossible for a rich man to enter heaven because rich men can submit themselves to God as I have already proven by the scriptures.
Yes, with God all things are possible. It is possible, and is His will, that all men be saved....not just babies. Do you believe that all men will be saved? If not, then your exclamation of "all things are possible," means little, since the possibility does not mean it will or does happen.

And, once again, I did not say that it is impossible for rich people to enter heaven, I quote a verse from the bible which said it.

Getting back to the topic, if you give a pass to babies, you must also give it to adults. If you burn adults, you must also leave the possibility that the babies can burn also.

Unless you believe it is possible to start loving your children less as they get older.....e.g. burning them as babies is more painful to watch than burning them at, say, 50 years old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That’s not an accurate description of this situation. You are completely ignoring the FACT that the scriptures specifically state that rich men were declared righteous by God. Your also not quoting the full verse. Your selectively quoting only the portion that appears to support your position. You simply can’t admit when your wrong can you? This can all be solved with two questions. According to the scriptures, was Abraham rich? According to the scriptures was Abraham saved?

“Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver and in gold.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭13:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“For what does the Scripture say? “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Now if Jesus said it is impossible for a rich man to enter heaven then He has just caused a contradiction in the scriptures. So no I’m not twisting God’s word to create a doctrine I’m quoting God’s word to support it. If Jesus said it is impossible a rich man to enter heaven then Abraham’s is burning in the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And, once again, I did not say that it is impossible for rich people to enter heaven, I quote a verse from the bible which said it.

The bible says that it is impossible for a rich man to reach his expectations. So would you give those born in a rich life the same pass that you give babies? For Jesus himself said that it is impossible for them to reach his expectations.....as opposed to only yourself saying that babies cant.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s not an accurate description of this situation. You are completely ignoring the FACT that the scriptures specifically state that rich men were declared righteous by God. Your also not quoting the full verse. Your selectively quoting only the portion that appears to support your position. You simply can’t admit when your wrong can you? This can all be solved with two questions. According to the scriptures, was Abraham rich? According to the scriptures was Abraham saved?

“Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver and in gold.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭13:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“For what does the Scripture say? “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Now if Jesus said it is impossible for a rich man to enter heaven then He has just caused a contradiction in the scriptures. So no I’m not twisting God’s word to create a doctrine I’m quoting God’s word to support it. If Jesus said it is impossible a rich man to enter heaven then Abraham’s is burning in the lake of fire.
I understand. I find no fault in anything you have said or believe.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"...Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled;..."
What value is there in proving that you know more languages and more verses? I've already stated that your knowledge of doctrines is greater than mine, therefore, i would not be the best person to debate
I hate to break this to you but you ain't Peter, John or any of the other disciples and you were not taught personally by Jesus for three+ years . So if you wish to instruct me you'll have to do much better that that.
If one does not know anything about Hebrew and Greek languages there is absolutely no way that person can know what any word "really means."
Once again there are a bunch of major religious groups e.g. LDS, JW, OP, UPCI, WWCG, INC etc. all claiming, as you do, that they have some superior spiritual knowledge and nobody outside their group can teach them anything.
If I was foolish enough to join any of these groups I might have followed Jim Jones to British Guyana and drink the kool aid or David Koresh to Waco and the barbecue.
So you got anything beside your assumed superior spiritual revelation?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you got anything beside your assumed superior spiritual revelation?
Seeing as how you will not allow me to gracefully bow out of this conversation......What is it exactly that you would like to discuss?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seeing as how you will not allow me to gracefully bow out of this conversation......What is it exactly that you would like to discuss?
Simple scripture, as written, without the unverifiable special esoteric revelation.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simple scripture, as written, without the unverifiable special esoteric revelation.
Which scripture? And I too prefer to speak only the verifiable.......as opposed to interpretation of ages passed, ages in the future or after death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody put a gun to your head and made you read or respond to my posts. But whether or not another poster replies to my posts or not I will, more than likely, respond to any post which, in my opinion, has false information.
Which scripture? And I too prefer to speak only the verifiable.......as opposed to interpretation of ages passed, ages in the future or after death.
IOW you are still implying that I post unscriptural interpretation although I support my posts with definitions from top of the line Hebrew and Greek lexicons.

Upvote 0