Do people start threads with titles similar to existing threads for dramatic effect?

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Generally speaking, that is. :p

:cool:
I don't know but saying "generally speaking" seems to be a new fad around here though. Bummer, just when I was warming up to "do they lack discernment".

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Do people start threads with titles similar to existing threads for dramatic effect? Generally speaking, that is.
tongue.gif

^_^

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Paul went into athens, where drama was common, and used their sayings.

Paul Addresses the Areopagus

Acts 17:22 So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, ‘To the unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,[c]

The we got Paul quoting their prophets about the Cretans in Titus 1, so when in Athens, do as the Athenians do!^_^:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the same vein as this topic, I ran across an interesting definition on NetLingo the other day that I believe is apropos;
Tactical Trolls: This is where the troller takes the game more seriously, creates a credible persona to gain confidence of others, and provokes strife in a subtle and invidious way.

Upvote 0

Watchman4hm

Feb 7, 2002
✟169,179.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In the same vein as this topic, I ran across an interesting definition on NetLingo the other day that I believe is apropos;
Tactical Trolls: This is where the troller takes the game more seriously, creates a credible persona to gain confidence of others, and provokes strife in a subtle and invidious way.

Yup...They usually get booted from boards eventually...But they come back with another name and act all nicey nice for a bit to continue their preeminence..they argue and argue, harass others until their ego is babied.

Reactions: probinson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? Even though you could've simply made a thread or post conveying the same thought?

Is there anything I do that you don't have an issue with?

Just saying .........

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is there anything I do that you don't have an issue with?

Just saying .........
I don't know what You're talking about. I know I don't have any issues with you and don't remember any issues I might have had in the past with you. Given your response though I'm more than sure you believe I have given you a hard time about things you've writen that have been unwarranted. For that I'm truely sorry and apologize, and I truely mean that.

Concerning your bump, I just don't understand why you would need a thread Probinson made 3 years ago to say something that could be just as easily said by you? And all of what he said was in the thread title, he really didn't even have an OP. I even might've had the longest post in the thread at a whole 2 sentences. I suspect you did this just for fun, and in which, I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0