Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then you do believe they go to hell..as long as hell is defined the way Christ defines it in Matt 10:28?

(Matt 10:28 is not always allowed -- or at least intermittently allowed so being careful not to quote the text just then.)

in Christ,

Bob

In Matthew 10:28, Jesus said "Gehenna", not Hell. Gehenna is the valley outside of Jerusalem. Jesus said that we should fear the one who is able to destroy both body and soul in Gehenna. That is what I believe happens to Non-Christians on Judgment Day. They perish. John 3:16 says "whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".

The OP didn't ask "Will Non-Christians perish in Gehenna?"
If he had asked the question that way, my answer would have be different.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation says unbelievers are going to be cast into the lake of fire. Not that annihaltionism SDA heresy

The Bible says that sinners will be destroyed, the wicked will perish and the wicked will be no more. Not that Islamic eternal torture heresy.
(How do you like it?)

I'm not SDA, but if the SDAs believe what the Bible says, good for them.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is probably correct.

But this is why I should always fear. Because I could put my faith in Jesus Christ and God can still send me to hell just because he can. So I wonder why everyone is telling me not to fear? No need to answer. But if God can choose to destroy me because he can, then I have the right to fear. Thank you for this. Now, I know I am not wrong to fear.

If you fear....then you fear...the issue should not be should I but why do I...to which Apostle John replies....you are not yet perfect(mature...with full inderstanding) in love....God does not have to kill you....Adam took care of that....God provided life in his son....but life is a complete dependance on him to be through you....he is life...it is not something that is granted but shared...but if you depend on self then all you can manage is what you had before he came to you....Adams death.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No, I think being conscious IS being alive. How did you get "being conscious is not being alive" from what I said?

Because you said, they will LIVE forever in torment.... Then you go on to say, they will NOT SEE LIFE.

Are you confused, or do you just like making contradiction?

Reactions: Timothew
Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because you said, they will LIVE forever in torment.... Then you go on to say, they will NOT SEE LIFE.

I don't recall ever claiming that the lost will LIVE forever in torment. Can you point out where I said this? Maybe it is a typo. I will also look to see if I mis-spoke. I do not believe that those who will not see life will live forever in torment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Okay. I checked this entire thread and I NEVER EVER, NOT ONCE said "They will live forever in torment".

And then you claim that I am confused or that I like making a contradiction.
I think you owe me an apology, and you need to admit that the confusion is on your part.

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Okay. I checked this entire thread and I NEVER EVER, NOT ONCE said "They will live forever in torment".

And then you claim that I am confused or that I like making a contradiction.
I think you owe me an apology, and you need to admit that the confusion is on your part.
You are correct. I miss read post #109. Somehow I missed the word "no" in you quote.

Therefore, I publically apologize. And I also feel foolish.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Sister IluvtheSims , Brother Jesse2014 & all ,

Originally Posted by Primi Agminis
While you think about it, consider this:
A human is born in the remote jungles of the Amazon. They live and die there, having never heard of the God of Abraham or Jesus. Are they condemned to an eternal torment in hell for something that is not their fault, and had no control over?

Post 116 by Brother Jesse2014 .

I can't see a loving God doing that.

I concur , this hard held by many , doctrine of not hearing the message of Salvation .
Resulting in damnation punishment forever & ever by burning in a mythical place called
" hell ". This was a bone of contention in my earliest memory as a young believer .
A Hebrew person is born , becomes responsible at 13 , lives to age 73 , sinning every day of their 60 responsible years . 61 years for a female . A JUST , LOVING & BENEVOLENT Elohim sends you to be BARBECUED FOREVER & EVER . Would Not 60 /61 years be
JUSTICE ?

God would never let that happen, God would somehow send someone or something into that persons life to try and get them saved.
Free choice has allowed the created to " go their own way ".
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=go+own+way&qs_version=NKJV

The World Factbook gives the population as 7,095,217,980 (July 2013 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39% (of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, non-religious 9.66%, atheists 2.01% (2010 est.).[1]

Believe it or not there are intelligent religious folks that judge fellow denominations as destined to this very , BARBECUED FOREVER & EVER . even having read this many times .
“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. "
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qs_version=NKJV&quicksearch=judge+you&begin=47&end=73

The United States Census Bureau estimates that the world population exceeded 7 billion on March 12, 2012. According to a separate estimate by the United Nations Population Fund, it reached this milestone on October 31, 2011

Here's a " what-if " story .
In a small village in the remotest reaches of central Africa no Christian missionary had visited , a 13 year old girl dies in childbirth , the infant follows it's mother a few weeks latter . The youngster had been brutalized for some time by her mothers numerous men friends , she may have lived through the ordeal , had not advanced malnutrition been the reason why she couldn't escape when old enough to run .
Elohim is fair and a just Elohim, would it be fair of Elohim to send those who did not know of the free gift of salvation to spend forever & ever in a place called hell ?

So my honest opinion would be the above AND that any man who dies and has not accepted Christ we are told will not inherit the kingdom of God (enter Heaven)

I have to take exception to part of this last quote . By a theory I feel puts the correct spin on this seemingly unjust equation .

As preparation day ended , just before the third star was seen in the evening heavens . The dawning of Passover day our propitiation was placed in the underworld . Preaching salvation to the captives , those that believed Jesus was the son of Elohim passed onto life & those not , destruction . THE FIRST RESURRECTION , that I believe is continuing for the innocent and those with the love & benevolentes worthy enough for Elohim's consideration .
" All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. "

" .... us all " , I hold as one witness to my holdings .

The servant ron .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

A human is born in the remote jungles of the Amazon. They live and die there, having never heard of the God of Abraham or Jesus. Are they condemned to an eternal torment in hell for something that is not their fault, and had no control over?

Me neither.........

Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1

Untold billions of human beings have lived and died without hearing the gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. What has become of them? Is there no hope? For more than six thousand years generations of men, like the grass, have appeared and in a few fleeting years withered and vanished. Whence came those countless billions of human beings, and where do they go? This is the problem which has preoccupied the world's thought since the dawn of history. This is the question about which philosophers have theorized and theologians have dogmatized. Unquestionably the problem of the eternal destiny of mankind is the question of questions! It concerns every individual and touches everything of enduring interest. Life is a vapor that appears for a while and vanishes away. But there is a beyond! What is that beyond to be?

On this earth there are more than seven billion people! The most populous lands are China, India, and other parts of Asia, and in spite of missionaries from the West, actually more than half of all people on the earth have never so much as heard the ONLY NAME BY WHICH MEN MAY BE SAVED - the name of JESUS CHRIST!

For your Bible says.......
"there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
This means that billions of people here on this earth have lived, and died, without having known anything about God's provision of salvation - without saving knowledge - neither having heard the only name by which men may be saved! Now think what that means. If all unsaved are eternally lost, then more than HALF the people who have ever lived on this earth have been consigned to eternal hell without ever having been given so much as a chance to escape it!
What about the millions of people living now in the modern nations of Red China where the Gospel is suppressed? Those people did not choose to be born into these godless nations. Are they lost forever because they never heard the true message of God's love in Christ? Is this their only day of salvation? Are they eternally doomed when they die? Will a just God and Saviour condemn to eternal damnation those people who died before the true Gospel was ever brought to them? Is God about to "shut the door" of mercy in their face?

We hear much today about evangelizing and saving the world in one generation. The preachers tell us this mission must be accomplished before Christ can return, and it must be done in this generation. We hear of glorious revival at home and abroad, of fresh missionary efforts in various directions, of great Crusades attended by tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands, of radio and television beamed by satellite to all the nations of earth, and of large sums being devoted to these endeavors: and we get the idea that adequate efforts are being made for the evangelization of the nations of the earth. It is estimated today that the world's population is over seven billion, and it is a fact that considerably more than one-half - nearly two-thirds - are still TOTALLY HEATHEN, and the remainder are mostly either followers of Mohammed or members of those great apostate Churches whose religion is practically a Christianized idolatry, and who can scarcely be said to hold or teach the Gospel of Christ..............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I would have to agree with GoingByzantine.

The Scriptures tell us how we can be saved. Knowing that, I think there is a risk to scorn the means that God offers.

However, just because God has told us how we might be saved, that does not mean that He is limited by that. It is His place to judge, in the case of every single human being.

Romans 9
15 For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.”

Amen. I don't know why we assume if no man has ever shared the gospel with an individual that God would hold that against them. Do we not think God has a way to present the gospel to that soul?

There is another recurring theme in this thread that is a bit troublesome. It;s the "I can't see how a loving God could....". Really? Have we not read our scriptures? Have we forgotten the genocide He instructed His people to commit in AI? Did we gloss over Sodom and Gomorrah? Maybe we don't fully understand the judgement of a loving God.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Amen. I don't know why we assume if no man has ever shared the gospel with an individual that God would hold that against them. Do we not think God has a way to present the gospel to that soul?

There is another recurring theme in this thread that is a bit troublesome. It;s the "I can't see how a loving God could....". Really? Have we not read our scriptures? Have we forgotten the genocide He instructed His people to commit in AI? Did we gloss over Sodom and Gomorrah? Maybe we don't fully understand the judgement of a loving God.

I think we humans tend to see things in our limited terms, and sometimes those are very black and white.

In some cases, God can be hard to understand or fit into our mental molds. ;)

I do tend to measure teaching sometimes by how well it aligns with God's character, but when I do that it is important to remember that God's character as revealed to us is not simple or one-faceted, and great care has to be taken that it is not my idea of what I think God should be in cases like that. Such a mistake would make me guilty of idolatry, worshipping a god of my own creation. It's not always an easy distinction to make.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I think we humans tend to see things in our limited terms, and sometimes those are very black and white.

In some cases, God can be hard to understand or fit into our mental molds. ;)

I do tend to measure teaching sometimes by how well it aligns with God's character, but when I do that it is important to remember that God's character as revealed to us is not simple or one-faceted, and great care has to be taken that it is not my idea of what I think God should be in cases like that. Such a mistake would make me guilty of idolatry, worshipping a god of my own creation. It's not always an easy distinction to make.

Worshiping a god of our own creation is a term that seems to fit us all at times.
God have mercy on me a sinner.

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Are you suggesting that they are not accountable for their sins?

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Part of the problem is we consider people who have never heard as alive....they are not ....to be yourself is to not be one with God....that is dead becaise dead is seperation....self causes a world of misery here why would that change by having a new location.....
Jesus said I did not come to condem men but to save them...for they are already condemned....you cant murder a corpse.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I believe that all men and women who diligently walk according to the Truth, Light, and Love that Heaven has instilled into each and every person's heart and soul is indeed walking after Jesus and how He walked, and are thus saved. Whether it is a Buddhist monk practicing selflessness and loving-kindness, or an aboriginal deep in the jungles practicing love, peace, and harmony, or otherwise. At the judgment seat, many will be surprised to see all these supposedly & unexpectedly "non-Christians" inheriting the Kingdom. They walked the walk, and when the time comes when their outer shell disintegrates, their revealed spirits will look and shine like Jesus, a witness to their true discipleship.

On the other hand, I believe that there will be many self-professed "Christians" that will not inherit the Kingdom, for they did not walk His walk, but only paid lip service to Him, calling upon His Name for their private gain, wearing a neck cross, and attending church once a week, but reflect little like Jesus in their behavior the rest of their days. What would we find when the beautiful outer shell gets removed? A rotten spirit to the core, nothing like Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is it still your personal belief, as you have expressed in previous threads, that even an infant aborted from the womb is hellbound because it has not confessed the name of Jesus?

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

I believe that all men and women who diligently walk according to the Truth, Light, and Love that Heaven has instilled into each and every person's heart and soul is indeed walking after Jesus and how He walked, and are thus saved. Whether it is a Buddhist monk practicing selflessness and loving-kindness, or an aboriginal deep in the jungles practicing love, peace, and harmony, or otherwise. At the judgment seat, many will be surprised to see all these supposedly & unexpectedly "non-Christians" inheriting the Kingdom. They walked the walk, and when the time comes when their outer shell disintegrates, their revealed spirits will look and shine like Jesus, a witness to their true discipleship.

On the other hand, I believe that there will be many self-professed "Christians" that will not inherit the Kingdom, for they did not walk His walk, but only paid lip service to Him.

So why did Christ have to be crucified?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
So why did Christ have to be crucified?
He was crucified to demonstrate to His disciples the ultimate gift of love:
"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jn 15:12,13
His true disciples were expected to do the same, whether called upon to do so literally, or figuratively (to give in the name of love, if necessary).

The crucifixion was not meant to be an atoning sacrifice through blood ... According to Law, if animals could not be offered, fine flour could be offered (Lev 5:11); therefore blood was not absolutely needed for the remission of sins, as Paul would like to require.

In fact, the cup that he drank from during Passover was what Jesus specifically identified as the blood shed for the remission of sins (Mt 26:28), not His crucifixion. The cup (ποτήριον), represents "one's lot in life, whether good or bad". When Jesus drank the cup, and commanded that His disciples share in it, it symbolized that the true disciples would share in Jesus' lot in life ... His walk, His sufferings and, soon, His blessings. This was the true blood (blood being life) shed that produced remission of sins ... to walk in righteousness with Him. In summary, the blood & life we shed for Him through participating in His walk, trials, temptations, sufferings is for the remission of our sins, and we will inherit the same blessings He inherits, such as eternal life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He was crucified to demonstrate to His disciples the ultimate gift of love:"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jn 15:12,13
His true disciples were expected to do the same, whether called upon to do so literally, or figuratively (to give in the name of love, if necessary).

The crucifixion was not meant to be an atoning sacrifice through blood ... According to Law, if animals could not be offered, fine flour could be offered (Lev 5:11); therefore blood was not absolutely needed for the remission of sins, as Paul would like to require.

In fact, the cup that he drank from during Passover was what Jesus specifically identified as the blood shed for the remission of sins (Mt 26:28), not His crucifixion. The cup (ποτήριον), represents "one's lot in life, whether good or bad". When Jesus drank the cup, and commanded that His disciples share in it, it symbolized that the true disciples would share in Jesus' lot in life ... His walk, His sufferings and, soon, His blessings. This was the true blood (blood being life) shed that produced remission of sins ... to walk in righteousness with Him. In summary, the blood & life we shed for Him through participating in His walk, trials, temptations, sufferings is for the remission of our sins, and we will inherit the same blessings He inherits, such as eternal life.

Adam must die he can not be reformed by our actions or beliefs....and he is in everyone of his children which includes you and me...and buddist....
This is why Jesus died that as we trust in what he has done Adams self is crucified in christ the new life is Gods life lived through us one with him....
As to the kingdom of God....the word kingdom does not descibe a place or location but the act of one ruling....the buddist is truing to empty false self to attain perfect self....that is not trusting God to reign in his body

Upvote 0