Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it doesn't seem that you really have a question. It seems that you are upset.

Besides, OT figures are not part of the NT covenant, so your point here is irrelevant. Jesus set the standard for His new church, and that standard is "ye must be born again."

You are not part of the body of Christ if you are not born again,..

So how does one become part of the NT covenant without having an opportunity to hear the gospel?

What is Paul talking about when he says it's the revelation of God in creation that leaves nobody with an excuse, if the revelation of God in creation is actually useless?

Why does Paul say that God so reveals Himself so that men could seek for him and find Him if finding Him is actually useless?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So how does one become part of the NT covenant without having an opportunity to hear the gospel?

What is Paul talking about when he says it's the revelation of God in creation that leaves nobody with an excuse, if the revelation of God in creation is actually useless?

Why does Paul say that God so reveals Himself so that men could seek for him and find Him if finding Him is actually useless?

Scripture is never at odds with itself doctrinally.

These questions you have seem to want to argue with what I posted out of Revelation,...

Rev 20:15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Clearly, there will be people cast into the lake of fire to burn eternally with satan and his angels, all because they were not in the lamb's book of life. GOD judges them and condemns them with the lot.

Either you didn't read this section of scripture, or you glossed over it and accepted something else wrongfully.

What matters in biblical teaching is what The Holy Spirit said through our 1st century apostles and prophets. It is our job to seek The Holy Spirit's guidance and teaching on scripture, nobody else's.

Jesus said "be not deceived."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is never at odds with itself doctrinally.

These questions you have seem to want to argue with what I posted out of Revelation,...

Clearly, there will be people cast into the lake of fire to burn eternally with satan and his angels, all because they were not in the lamb's book of life. GOD judges them and condemns them with the lot.

Either you didn't read this section of scripture, or you glossed over it and accepted something else wrongfully.

What matters in biblical teaching is what The Holy Spirit said through our 1st century apostles and prophets. It is our job to seek The Holy Spirit's guidance and teaching on scripture, nobody else's.

Jesus said "be not deceived."

Excuse me? What, exactly, do you think I've said? Are you talking to me? I think perhaps not, because your responses don't reflect having read what I've said.

Post #50: In scriptural context, everyone goes to Hades upon first death but not everyone subsequently goes to Gehenna as the second death.

Post #71: Ultimately, God will give each person what that person truly wants: To be forever with God or to be forever apart from God.

At what point do you think I ever promoted universal salvation?

My point is that we don't know whose name was written before creation into the Book of Life, nor do we know all the ramifications of God's judgment, nor does He have an obligation to tell us.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Excuse me? What, exactly, do you think I've said? Are you talking to me? I think perhaps not, because your responses don't reflect having read what I've said.

Post #50: In scriptural context, everyone goes to Hades upon first death but not everyone subsequently goes to Gehenna as the second death.

Post #71: Ultimately, God will give each person what that person truly wants: To be forever with God or to be forever apart from God.

At what point do you think I ever promoted universal salvation?

My point is that we don't know whose name was written before creation into the Book of Life, nor do we know all the ramifications of God's judgment, nor does He have an obligation to tell us.

No I'm preaching at you since you and your flesh decided to launch into my discussion with someone else.

Your ideas and personal opinions don't reflect the simplistic answers we have in scripture. For instance,...

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strifes, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,

Gal 5:21 envyings, drunkenness, revelings, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, as I also said before, that those practicing such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

This is The Holy Spirit speaking through Paul right here, and He says that these people shall not inherit the kingdom of GOD. No and's, if's, or but's about it, they shall not be up there with GOD and us. Period.

They have only one place that they go to in the end, and that is the lake of fire. If you are not up there with GOD, then you are down there with satan.

There is no grey area to play around with on this, they receive nothing from GOD.

If your answers continue to be based on personal opinions, I won't be interested in furthering our discussion on here friend.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some non-Christians go to heaven according to Romans 2:11-16 and some non-Christians also go to hell according to Romans 1 and Luke 12:45-50.

in Christ,

Bob

Why wouldn't God curse nonbelievers? If God did else, how could God judge the world? Will not the Judge of all the earth do right? Genesis 18:25, Romans 3:5-6.

Both believers and non-believers end up in hell - just as some from both groups end up in heaven.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...these poll results are pathetic. John 3:36 says its all. The wrath of God abides on unbelievers.

But it doesn't say that it abides on those who have not believed because they have never heard the Gospel. That is the question of the OP and, I think, is what we are discussing.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow...these poll results are pathetic. John 3:36 says its all. The wrath of God abides on unbelievers.

John 3:36 says they "will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them."
That's why I voted no on them going to Hell when they die where they will live forever in torment. They will not see life, much less eternal life on fire in hell.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That's why I voted no on them going to Hell when they die where they will live forever in torment. They will not see life, much less eternal life on fire in hell.

So, you think being conscious is not being alive?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Revelation says unbelievers are going to be cast into the lake of fire. Not that annihaltionism SDA heresy

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

I would have to agree with GoingByzantine.

The Scriptures tell us how we can be saved. Knowing that, I think there is a risk to scorn the means that God offers.

However, just because God has told us how we might be saved, that does not mean that He is limited by that. It is His place to judge, in the case of every single human being.

Romans 9
15 For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.”

This is probably correct.

But this is why I should always fear. Because I could put my faith in Jesus Christ and God can still send me to hell just because he can. So I wonder why everyone is telling me not to fear? No need to answer. But if God can choose to destroy me because he can, then I have the right to fear. Thank you for this. Now, I know I am not wrong to fear.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is probably correct.

But this is why I should always fear. Because I could put my faith in Jesus Christ and God can still send me to hell just because he can. So I wonder why everyone is telling me not to fear? No need to answer. But if God can choose to destroy me because he can, then I have the right to fear. Thank you for this. Now, I know I am not wrong to fear.

I'm sorry, but I think you have misunderstood my post.

I did not say that God was going to destroy those who trust in Him. Of course, He CAN, because He is God, but what kind of God does that make Him? He is not a capricious god like the pantheons of the pagans - petty gods who war among themselves and in a fit of pique destroy unlucky humans.

There are some things God cannot (or will not) do. God is not a man that He should lie. His words are Truth. God is love. God is good. God is merciful. God is constant and faithful, never-changing. He isn't going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed tomorrow and decide to curse everyone born in the month of June or any such silly thing.

If you come to understand just something of God's nature, and trust in Him, you can be in awe of His power and you should be humble and meek in approaching Him, yet at the same time, if you love Him, repent of your sins, seek to follow after Him - why would you live in constant fear of Him suddenly turning on you?

No, I did not say that God may just somehow randomly choose to destroy those who trust in Him. What I said is that, we know how we may find God. We know how we become saved. What we do NOT know - imo - is that God is not capable of saving anyone else in any other way. Because I believe that He IS capable - and can have mercy on whomever He wishes - because He said so.

I hope that makes more sense.

If you are looking for reasons to fear God ... I would suggest you look instead for ways to learn about Him and come to know Him. So that you can learn to live in love instead.

Remember - God is love. (1 John 4:8)

And perfect love casts out fear. We seek to be perfected in love. 1 John 4

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment;
because as He is, so also are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
19 We love, because He first loved us

God bless you.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I

iluvtheSims

While you think about it, consider this:

A human is born in the remote jungles of the Amazon. They live and die there, having never heard of the God of Abraham or Jesus. Are they condemned to an eternal torment in hell for something that is not their fault, and had no control over?

I can't see a loving God doing that.

God would never let that happen, God would somehow send someone or something into that persons life to try and get them saved. God is a fair and just God, it would not be fair of God to send those who do not know of the free gift of salvation to hell.

So my honest opinion would be the above AND that any man who dies and has not accepted Christ we are told will not inherit the kingdom of God (enter Heaven)

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

I'm sorry, but I think you have misunderstood my post.

I did not say that God was going to destroy those who trust in Him. Of course, He CAN, because He is God, but what kind of God does that make Him? He is not a capricious god like the pantheons of the pagans - petty gods who war among themselves and in a fit of pique destroy unlucky humans.

There are some things God cannot (or will not) do. God is not a man that He should lie. His words are Truth. God is love. God is good. God is merciful. God is constant and faithful, never-changing. He isn't going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed tomorrow and decide to curse everyone born in the month of June or any such silly thing.

If you come to understand just something of God's nature, and trust in Him, you can be in awe of His power and you should be humble and meek in approaching Him, yet at the same time, if you love Him, repent of your sins, seek to follow after Him - why would you live in constant fear of Him suddenly turning on you?

No, I did not say that God may just somehow randomly choose to destroy those who trust in Him. What I said is that, we know how we may find God. We know how we become saved. What we do NOT know - imo - is that God is not capable of saving anyone else in any other way. Because I believe that He IS capable - and can have mercy on whomever He wishes - because He said so.

I hope that makes more sense.

If you are looking for reasons to fear God ... I would suggest you look instead for ways to learn about Him and come to know Him. So that you can learn to live in love instead.

Remember - God is love. (1 John 4:8)

And perfect love casts out fear. We seek to be perfected in love. 1 John 4

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment;
because as He is, so also are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
19 We love, because He first loved us

God bless you.

Please accept my apology for misunderstanding you. I get it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Revelation says unbelievers are going to be cast into the lake of fire. Not that annihaltionism SDA heresy

1. Seventh-day Adventists do not teach heresy.

2. Timothew is not SDA, so slamming the SDA denomination whenever you are angry with Timothew is a pointless form of ad hominem.

in Christ,

Bob

Reactions: Timothew
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please accept my apology for misunderstanding you. I get it.

No need to apologize - not at all. :)

I just don't want to be responsible for handing you fear when what I'd much rather give you - and what is really there - is hope.

God bless. :)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Then you do believe they go to hell..as long as hell is defined the way Christ defines it in Matt 10:28?

(Matt 10:28 is not always allowed -- or at least intermittently allowed so being careful not to quote the text just then.)

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0