• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do I have to eat molded food?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Days ago, I ordered food from a bakery store. One of the foods I got was one that I did not like cause I ordered it due to mistake.

I could not eat it. I did not know what to do with it. throwing it away was out of option due to ocd.

ocd: you must not throw away the food. you may have made a promise to God not to throw it away and maybe you asked to be in a car accident if you throw away food.

me: I will just save it and I will eat it day by day slowly.

a 1 or 2 days later, I think, I ordered again food and there were left overs.

ocd: you must keep the left overs since they are edible. you can not throw them away.

me: I will just save it. and eat them slowly with the food that I saved that I do not like.

I was eating it day by day almost. like a bite. and ocd was like

ocd: you need to eat more if you wanna finish it before it gets molded. even molded you will not be allowed to throw it away. you may break a promise.

me: i will make sure to eat them on time.

Today, i found the food molded. very molded. I freaked.

ocd: you have to eat molded food cause you may have made a promise to God and asked for a punishment maybe to be in a car accident.

They were thoughts without my will. Ocd was giving me worries and fears and i just, carefree, tried to do the compulsions which was not to throw away the food. i remember saying to myself that i will eat the food.

even that it was God related, I did not say it to God. it was just random fast thoughts to myself that popped up due to ocd.

i worry if due to worry, after ocd was giving me all these fears, i worry if I maybe told God that i will make sure to eat the food. i do not remember. i worry if it was maybe like

ocd: you need to eat them because you may have promised to God

and i freaked and i decided to make sure to eat the food but i do not remember if i ever said it to God or they were just thoughts to myself.

i worry if all these thinking maybe made the compulsion into real promises.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Remember, OCD is not logical. God gave you a brain for a purpose so that you could use it to do what God wants you to.

So when you follow the OCD instead of using your brain, you're not doing what God wants.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ocd: you must not throw away the food. you may have made a promise to God not to throw it away and maybe you asked to be in a car accident if you throw away food.
I do hope that you are regularly seeing a professional adviser about these things.

It is not good that you ask for punishment if you don't eat moldy food.

Eating moldy food will make you sick. That would happen to anyone because the body knows that it's not good to eat moldy food.

I don't eat moldy food. And I don't know of anyone who does. So it's okay that you don't either.

When it's moldy that is a way to know that it's time to throw it away.

Healthy food is for your stomach. Moldy food is for the trash.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Days ago, I ordered food from a bakery store. One of the foods I got was one that I did not like cause I ordered it due to mistake.

I could not eat it. I did not know what to do with it. throwing it away was out of option due to ocd.

ocd: you must keep the left overs since they are edible. you can not throw them away.

me: I will just save it. and eat them slowly with the food that I saved that I do not like.

ocd: you need to eat more if you wanna finish it before it gets molded. even molded you will not be allowed to throw it away. you may break a promise.

ocd: you have to eat molded food cause you may have made a promise to God and asked for a punishment maybe to be in a car accident.

They were thoughts without my will. Ocd was giving me worries and fears and i just, carefree, tried to do the compulsions which was not to throw away the food. i remember saying to myself that i will eat the food.

even that it was God related, I did not say it to God. it was just random fast thoughts to myself that popped up due to ocd.

i worry if due to worry, after ocd was giving me all these fears, i worry if I maybe told God that i will make sure to eat the food. i do not remember. i worry if it was maybe like

and i freaked and i decided to make sure to eat the food but i do not remember if i ever said it to God or they were just thoughts to myself.

No ... you should not eat molded food.

It is NOT GOOD.

Go wants you to do GOOD things.

For yourself and your neighbors.

God would never want you to do something which is NOT GOOD.

Even if you PROMISED to do something which is NOT GOOD, God wants you to do the GOOD thing, even if it breaks the promise.

Can you make GOODNESS your PURPOSE in life, rather than trying to keep PROMISES you may or may not have made ?

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi Kostilaks, are you seeing a doctor or therapist about this? You should really go to a professional with this question, they can help you better than people on a forum.

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0