Do Catholics REsacrifice Jesus in the mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
:kyaa: Just answer the question! The suggested answers are yes, or no, then we can go!

it's been answered no in a bout 100 different times especially in the beginning of this thread.

The fact remains most on here don't like the answer the Catholics are giving. To them the answer is yes despite being told the contrary.
They want to and for some reason HAVE to believe this is what the Catholics say. very strange if you ask me.
They asked were answered but it's not the answer that they want to hear.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As for households having been baptized in the Bible, it is interesting to note, that all who were baptized in these households were believers (Acts 10; 16:31-34). Unless babies were able to believe one can reasonably conclude that there were no infants in these households.

That makes no sense- Your claim is that we aren't born sinners, we become sinners... so we won't need Christ until we get to a certain age- that, pardon me, is ridiculous.

Either babies need to be saved from original sin- or none of us do.

I don't think y'all understand that none of us can be forgiven of our own sins UNTIL and AFTER we have been forgiven Adam's sin. IOW, be born again.

That was the whole problem with the Jews. They had what? Sacrifice for their sin but yet, it never fully reconciled themselves to God... why? because the problem was not just their sins but Adam's sin that they had no sacrifice for.

Jesus came and diagnose the problem then solved it by being that sacrifice for Adam's offense. and becuase He dies once, for all- no more need to keep sacrificing animals for personal sin- Jesus sacrifice remits them as well.

Adam represented mankind and he sinned of our behalf. Jesus, the new Adam, represents mankind and offers himself up for us so we can begin again- ie, be born anew.

Back to the OP, I am pleased that Catholics view the Eucharist as a memorial feast and not as a sacrificial sacrament.

Catholics view it as both... it's a meal- but more so, it's a sacrifice. "the" sacrifice, the one and only sacrifice, once, for all.. not repeated but transcending time and space, it's presented to us as if we were actually there at the cross 2000 years ago.

This is the one and only sacrifice that remits our sins after we have been born again, baptized into this mystery.

All the baptize gather and offer the Mass to God for our sins and the worlds sins. The offering the gifts to God is our thanksgiving and from His alter in Heaven He sends down to us, the body and blood of Christ- the sacrifice that was offered for us.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Back to the OP, I am pleased that Catholics view the Eucharist as a memorial feast and not as a sacrificial sacrament.
*snip*

Catholics view it as both... it's a meal- but more so, it's a sacrifice. "the" sacrifice, the one and only sacrifice, once, for all.. not repeated but transcending time and space, it's presented to us as if we were actually there at the cross 2000 years ago.

This is the one and only sacrifice that remits our sins after we have been born again, baptized into this mystery.

All the baptize gather and offer the Mass to God for our sins and the worlds sins. The offering the gifts to God is our thanksgiving and from His alter in Heaven He sends down to us, the body and blood of Christ- the sacrifice that was offered for us.
I want to quote this, as you have provided us with a very well thought out view on it from the Roman Catholic side. Thanks :wave:

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.