Do Any Other Religions Boast Such A Claim?

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people in the Taoist tradition post Lao Tzu have been credited with miracles. Heck, there are still reputed Taoist miracle workers, spiritual healers, and wizards in modern day Hong Kong. The miraculous is a main element in certain streams of Taoist practice and Chinese popular religion. I would say even more so then Christianity except maybe for a small segment of the Pentacostal community.
is there a link you could refer me to

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, nobody has ever told SanFrank that a man's praise in his own mouth stinks.

This is one of those awkward moments that you'd call "Fremdschämen" in German.
It's embarrassing to watch, on his account.

I guess you'll have to keep shaming your own then.
How could anyone boast of themselves if they are sharing their theories on a forum and not being heard and not receiving feedback/praise. Only a person that is sharing his faith/ministering towards others, face to face, can that person receive praise and feedback and be able to boast of his accomplishments when he sees they are benefited. And of course I dont have theories, I have Christ.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm on my cell now so I don't want to do a bunch of linking but if you google Eight Immortals, Taoist redhead priest, Taoist divination, Taoist Alchemy, Taoist miracles, or Taoist magic you can probably find more miraculous claims then you can shake a stick at. Lot of claims like that in Chinese martial arts too.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I need to know if a comparable exists before I can shame other religions in my next sermon.
If you must shame people in your sermon perhaps a good place to start are with those in your own congragation who do not live with a Heart abundantly filled with Love, Compassion and Service to those in need.

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
How could anyone boast of themselves if they are sharing their theories on a forum and not being heard and not receiving feedback/praise.

Um I think you will find that boasting refers to the attitude/manner in which it is delivered rather than the response it receives.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I took the opportunity to look up some of these names. Rabia Basri lived in muh's era, having been enslaved by islamic forces and forced conversion... probably from christianity. Her ascetic nature of poverty, self-denial, are not islamic teachings but an idea taken from christian monks living in that era. Her refusal to marry is not islamic. Her concept of divine love is christian in nature.

Gd loves and does not want sinners to perish.

'allah' loves those spiritually clean (something unattainable) and who do good (an oximoron if looking at it from an ethical perspective).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rumi made fatwas before turning to poetry.

I was asking for role models anyways. Perhaps contemporaries?? The ones you can choose from include Ahmadinijad of Iran, Abbas of the palestinians, a Hamas leader perhaps, how about an al-Qaeda figure? Maybe Aussie Chardonnay in London. Are any of them role models for the younger generation. I dont know of any and Im not being facetious; please help point one out.

If Gadaffi considered himself the father of libya, why did their community turn against him and de-bowel him. Wasnt he the role model for the nation.

If Mubarak of egypt was the leading figure for a whole generation, why did everyone oust him by force.

-------------------------------------
Contemporaries:

"While I know myself as a creation of Gd, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also Gd's creation" - Maya Angelou (christian)

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." Mother Theresa (christian)

"Women are like teabags. We dont know our true strength until we are in hot water" - Eleanor Roosevelt (christian)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Rumi made fatwas before turning to poetry.

I was asking for role models anyways. Perhaps contemporaries?? The ones you can choose from include Ahmadinijad of Iran, Abbas of the palestinians, a Hamas leader perhaps, how about an al-Qaeda figure? Maybe Aussie Chardonnay in London. Are any of them role models for the younger generation. I dont know of any and Im not being facetious; please help point one out.

If Gadaffi considered himself the father of libya, why did their community turn against him and de-bowel him. Wasnt he the role model for the nation.

If Mubarak of egypt was the leading figure for a whole generation, why did everyone oust him by force.

-------------------------------------
Contemporaries:

"While I know myself as a creation of Gd, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also Gd's creation" - Maya Angelou (christian)

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." Mother Theresa (christian)

"Women are like teabags. We dont know our true strength until we are in hot water" - Eleanor Roosevelt (christian)

What's the purpose of religion Sanfrank?

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not big on picking living people as role models. You never know how anyone's life is going to turn out. Once they are dead you can get the full story and make a decision on the acceptability of the person as a role model or not. That's one of the reasons Catholics and Orthodox don't canonize people as saints while they are still living. I think it's a good practice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have to assume Rumi is the only example you can give, a man who lived 400 yrs ago. Okay. But still, how do you explain material that is un-islamic. Wahabi people would not approve of dancing. If they look up to rumi, they would look down on islam: "Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.” - rumi

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,889.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I have to assume Rumi is the only example you can give, a man who lived 400 yrs ago. Okay. But still, how do you explain material that is un-islamic. Wahabi people would not approve of dancing. If they look up to rumi, they would look down on islam: "Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.” - rumi
Just like Christianity, there are many flavors to Islam. To broad brush the people in Islam is wrong.

The quote from you that I was responding to in post#55 went like this: No one can find a role model in islam.

That's blatenly not true. One needs not dig very deep to find many from the Islamic tradition who are role models in millions of households through out the globe. Rumi is but one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

Wahhabi Islam is an extremist sect, and not mainstream.

Upvote 0