Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you do, what will you be growing this year? And if you have started already, what are you growing? :)
small scale here (container growing) ... I do green bush beans and strawberries ... not self sufficient by no means ... but it's still enjoyable to grow something that one can enjoy it's produce. Where I live won't plant until probably mid-April or so.

Reactions: miS
Upvote 0

miS

Feb 25, 2024
Wiltshire
✟1,646.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
my husband passed away in August..he had 2 large built up beds of beans...corn..potatoes...okra..tomatoes..carrots..i will attempt to plant a small area of that .not sure yet ..what

I have grown beans and I will be growing beans again (two different varieties), potatoes (again two different varieties) and carrots. I want to grow corn.

Upvote 0

miS

Feb 25, 2024
Wiltshire
✟1,646.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
small scale here (container growing) ... I do green bush beans and strawberries ... not self sufficient by no means ... but it's still enjoyable to grow something that one can enjoy it's produce. Where I live won't plant until probably mid-April or so.

I was going to grow bush beans this year, but I decided to grow the climbing bean instead. They take longer to grow, but they do crop more. I know, right? Even though it can be stressful at times with the weather, I still love growing veggies. I'm hoping to plant my potatoes at the beginning of April.

Upvote 0

RonJohnSilver

Nov 1, 2023
Temple
✟13,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In this part of Texas we have little winter weather (thankfully) so it is spring like now in February and that is about a month early for us. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of dirt work on the raised beds and last week planted lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli from cuttings, then carrots and more lettuce from seeds indoors. This week blackberries, raspberries, potatoes will be planted. A bit later, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries and sweet potatoes. Each year is a learning experience. Some years things work, sometimes not. I had a good harvest two years ago, then last years drought pretty much took down everything. LIve and learn. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you do, what will you be growing this year? And if you have started already, what are you growing? :)
I’m prepping right now. We have fruit trees, berries that come on every year. I plant several varieties of tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, beans, okra, lettuces, herbs, tomatillos, Brussels sprouts, corn, melons, etc. I’m excited for growing season every year. :)

Upvote 0